• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Things you do every year

Uncle Leo

This cook is an anti-semite
After York races last week, I was chatting with an Irish bloke on the way back to the train station. He was saying that him and his mates always came to this particular festival - in fact they hadn't missed a Ladies' Day for 22 years.

Pretty impressive I thought, especially as they come over from Co Galway every time. I'm a long way from a 22 year streak, but do have a couple of annual traditions going. My wife and I always go to Tingle Creek Day at Sandown Park (seven years and counting) and this weekend will be my fourth consecutive visit to the Rugby League Challenge Cup Final.

So, are there any 'must do' annual events in your calendar?

Once a day each year I gorge myself on roast turkey, mince pies and port. Usually try to do it towards the end of December

Every year on various times,i visit the Menin Gate in Ypres and watch the last post ceremony,a definite DO before you die thing.

Not if you've now stopped. Falkland sheep don't count either.

Sheesh, and you thought Wales had a lot of sheep.

Back on topic, worked out the other day I've not been in Europe on the between the dates of 15th September and 6th October in 2006, 07,08 and will be 09. Hoping to be somewhere else in 2010 as well. Good job my birthday is February.

I've been to Portugal pretty much the same week for 10 years running now for golf and booze. Just about to book for next year and can well see it being one of those things that continues for a long long time.

I've been to Portugal pretty much the same week for 10 years running now for golf and booze. Just about to book for next year and can well see it being one of those things that continues for a long long time.

If you go by plane you'll get there a whole lot quicker. ;) Then you'll have more time for golf & booze.

the last 3 years we've gone to Alton Towers with a couple of friends at Halloween, means you can go on the rides in the dark, wear fancy dress and they set up some special halloween things like a corn-field maze (very scary!!). it's turned into a tradition and a right laugh

We try to go hiking in The Lake District one a year, but with a one year old (as of Saturday) and another on the way that might not continue much longer...

Every year on various times,i visit the Menin Gate in Ypres and watch the last post ceremony,a definite DO before you die thing.

Have never done it, and now feel slightly ashamed and inadequate that I haven't.

Wherever I have lived, I always go to a Remembrance/Veterans' Day service and ceremony. I go to say thank you to those who died to keep our country free, and to remember my fallen comrades from my time in the service. There's no more poignant moment than to see a large group of very tough men with decidedly stiff upper lips crying unreservedly.

I tend to get made redundant at least once a year. A tradition I don't mind breaking

Back