• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Think its time to give ridgewell a game

Is ridgewell fit? Or just been made a scapegoat for one bad performance? He seems to have vanished lol! Anyway when we signed him he wasnt fit and had no preseason! Had a nightmare against Blackpool as he was thrown in too early!! Anyway the guy has a decent career playing prem and champ! Hes still in his early thirties and on paper a good player! Surely hes better then shaughnessy and actually a centre back!! He had one bad game! Isnt it time he was given another chance? Must be fit now!! Campbell must be thinking about given him a chance soon?

I wonder if he caused himself some serious damage on those new plastic Twenty pound notes.

Is ridgewell fit? Or just been made a scapegoat for one bad performance? He seems to have vanished lol! Anyway when we signed him he wasnt fit and had no preseason! Had a nightmare against Blackpool as he was thrown in too early!! Anyway the guy has a decent career playing prem and champ! Hes still in his early thirties and on paper a good player! Surely hes better then shaughnessy and actually a centre back!! He had one bad game! Isnt it time he was given another chance? Must be fit now!! Campbell must be thinking about given him a chance soon?

No thanks.

If you couldn’t believe the evidence in front of your eyes during the Blackpool game, try reading the opinions on the Hull forum or looking at his career stats over the last few years.

Another past it has been.

No thanks.

If you couldn’t believe the evidence in front of your eyes during the Blackpool game, try reading the opinions on the Hull forum or looking at his career stats over the last few years.

Another past it has been.
Ok fair enough! But our current lot arent exactley pulling up trees are they ?? The guy had one game and no pre season?

Totally forgot we had signed him.

Let's get this straight, we released aging injury prone ex premier league centre backs to get them off our wage bill, and replaced them with more injury prone ex PL centre backs?

Last edited:
This is ridiculous! Everyones slagging him off because he a nightmare in the only game he started and shouldent have as he was not fit! Tell me ? Which one of our players hasnt had a nightmare everygame since?? Results dont lie! If we actually find ridgewell then who knows how good he can be when fit?

I would hope he is penciled in a start/run out for the dead rubber LDV game against Wombles.
As with much involved with footie and SZ a "noisy", repetitive, often minority group make the racket with slagging a player off; and a quiet majority keep calm and consider.

This is ridiculous! Everyones slagging him off because he a nightmare in the only game he started and shouldent have as he was not fit! Tell me ? Which one of our players hasnt had a nightmare everygame since?? Results dont lie! If we actually find ridgewell then who knows how good he can be when fit?

Yet as bad as we've been, nobody has had a performance as bad as Ridgewell's this season.

The club is not going to get back to where it should by playing over paid has beens. Ridgewell should never have been signed in the first place. What we need are young hungry players, who have ambition. the right ones will not cost an arm and a leg

The club is not going to get back to where it should by playing over paid has beens. Ridgewell should never have been signed in the first place. What we need are young hungry players, who have ambition. the right ones will not cost an arm and a leg
I doubt very much whether you know how much Ridgewell is being paid.You obviously know absolutely nothing about the importance of having an experienced organiser,dominating the centre of our defence.Without the likes of Turner,Ferdinand chaos has been ruling.

Ok ok let’s play ridgewell to keep you happy ... as I’m sure he would be absolutely superb now, of that I am sure of

I doubt very much whether you know how much Ridgewell is being paid.You obviously know absolutely nothing about the importance of having an experienced organiser,dominating the centre of our defence.Without the likes of Turner,Ferdinand chaos has been ruling.
Young hungry players ??? Ooh like that kid from Leicester who’ll get bums off seats ??

Or, go the whole hog and throw Ridgewell and Taylor in together ...master and pupil...I believe that after initial mistrust, distain....it has worked at many clubs...

Jeez, what have we got to lose at this stage...:Headbang:

Great plan! Also let’s sign Wabo back and Ted Smith. who else have we never really see play... ummmm oh yeah the kid from Leicester. Oh yeah and Barrett back from injury is gonna tear the league apart once he has had a kick about and got up to speed from over a year off...promotion here we come.

Back