• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Third Test

I forsook watching the Premier$hite football when I got home from work in favour of the third test - we batted like a one day match and declared on 280-6 to leave Australia 423 to win the test.

It's certainly a winnable match, trouble is do we have time to win it?

I think we'll go at them hard but they've showed how hard they battle for games. It will be tough and I think that we need a little luck although Giles and Vaughan were getting quite a lot of joy against the openers just before close so I think with that luck it's definitely doable

25/1... COME ON!!!!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

121-2 at lunch.

I'd make the draw favourite, but there are still theoritically 70 overs remaining (assuming England bowl them in time, and bad light or rain doesn't intervene).

So far this series the convicts have batted for 40.2, 100.4, 76, 64.3 and 84.5 overs, an average of about 73 overs per innings, so England are definitely capable of it. However I think Australia with some help from the weather will bat it out.

England desperately need a wicket.

20 overs to go and Ashley Giles enters the fray.

He's already bowled 25 wicketless overs, Warne bowled 25 overs without a wicket as well.

Maybe Old Trafford isn't as much of a spinner's paradise on days 4 and 5 as some people think.

Kaneria's 0-200 would also suggest so.

1 wicket short!
sad.gif

Fair play to the Aussies though, especially Ponting he didn't deserve to be on the losing side after the innings he played!

This series just gets better and better, talk about tension!

Wow. What a game and what a series.

If the next two tests can match the last two, this will be the greatest sporting contest of all time.

It's been the best Ashes series I can remember. We're pretty much matching the Aussies at the moment, and if weather had not intervened on Saturday we may well have been leading the series.

Can't wait for the fourth test!

What a fantastic sporting contest this series has been so far. It has had everything so far and there are still two matches to go.

Fair go to the England selectors by sticking to their guns, I am sure that the unchanged team and selection continuity will only benefit England long term.

What a knock from Ponting, I just hope that the weather stays for Trent Bridge & The Oval and England can nick the series and bring those Ashes home at long last. We must have the momentum going to Nottingham and I think the convicts will make changes there, Hodge for Katich & Kasprowicz or McGill for Gillespie.

Back