• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

This Afternoon's Other L2 Important Games

The games in hand are irrelevant in terms of it being in our own hands. Grimsby and Barrow don’t play them until April. There are a lot of games to be played between now or then. For better or worse, the table is going to look a lot of different when those games in hand are actually played. So it’s very much in our own hands.

The games in hand won’t be of much use to Grimsby and Barrow if they find themselves 10 points behind us by the time they play them in April will they?

Of course they're relevant. The have more games to play than us and if they win them, or even draw, we're bottom again. Now's not the time to think we're safe, or that it's in our own hands: that could lead to complacency.

Of course they're relevant. The have more games to play than us and if they win them, or even draw, we're bottom again. Now's not the time to think we're safe, or that it's in our own hands: that could lead to complacency.
The games in hand aren’t until April. How do you know that Grimsby and Barrow are going to be exactly the same amount of points behind us then for this statement to be true? We could already be way ahead of them, or already be relegated by the time those games in hand come around. If we do well in the next 10 or so games then we should find ourselves further ahead of them, that is in our hands.

Don't you worry about the rest just focus on Col U. if I was MM I would have the team singing it before training, before every game and certainly after we beat Bolton on Saturday

Were coming for you
Were coming for you
Colchester United were coming for you.

Everyone associated with SUFC just needs to focus on that. The power of group thought will even cure our goal drought.. Before March is out even the biggest skeptic will be singing along...Its written in the stars.

I think singing is pretty much prohibited right now what with viral load and still a high transmission

We loose three at home———- we are going down , don’t kid yourself
Ohhhhhhhh
Win/draw when unexpected——- we are staying up and on on a run

It’s totally in our hands both mathematically and from a practical perspective, and as I have said will likely go to the wire.
We win the next three “9 points from 18, or 9 from 9 “we are on track to stay up”

I love it on here?

No you don't. :Smile:

The games in hand aren’t until April. How do you know that Grimsby and Barrow are going to be exactly the same amount of points behind us then for this statement to be true? We could already be way ahead of them, or already be relegated by the time those games in hand come around. If we do well in the next 10 or so games then we should find ourselves further ahead of them, that is in our hands.

It doesn't matter when they're played. They still have more games to play than us.

I’m definitely not a betting man— it’s despicable the way so many (top) clubs accept big money to promote exploitation of young/dim potential gambling addicts—but if I were ,I’d put a lot of money on our end-of-season result at Barrow.My 65 years of supporting the Blues tells me that,if it’s a vitally important game,we will lose 1-0.
For us to reach safety by then, we’ll probably need a strong contribution from Nile Ranger.

I give up!!

The fact that we are even talking about 'enjoying' non-league football just demonstrates how our collective expectations have been managed to such a low point - after all apparently we should be happy that we even have a club to support.

Of course that argument is based on comparing us to Bury and Macclesfield and not the other 91 league teams who surely we should be comparing ourselves to?!

Or Chesterfield, Stockport, Tranmere, Luton, Notts County, Wrexham, Bristol Rovers etc, all of whom would see themselves as comparable to us, and all of whom have had to cope with the drop no matter how awful it seemed. and they've all survived and in some cases thrived. Of course we don't want it to happen to us, it will be incredibly depressing. But we don't have to reach for the razor blades otherwise we'd miss out on the glorious NL championship / FA Trophy double winning season..:Winking:

Every cloud and all that (i'm trying to tell myself..)

Bolton were 2-0 down with eleven minutes left this afternoon.....and scored three goals in the next ten minutes.

So we must ensure that we are four goals ahead of them when we enter the final ten minutes on Saturday.......

Bolton were 2-0 down with eleven minutes left this afternoon.....and scored three goals in the next ten minutes.

So we must ensure that we are four goals ahead of them when we enter the final ten minutes on Saturday.......

Win 3-2 with 2 shots on target and an OG. Think Mansfield need a goalkeeper. Pity we couldn’t have tested him.

Win 3-2 with 2 shots on target and an OG. Think Mansfield need a goalkeeper. Pity we couldn’t have tested him.
[/QUOTE

Apparantly the first goal was a fluke, a long cross that evaded everyone and ended up in the back of the net, the second was an own goal.
Hopefully Bolton used up their luck for the month in this game, maybe its our turn for some good fortune on Saturday.

But at least they'll be tired out when they play us, poor lambs.

Hopefully that’s them absolutely knackered now! Only 2 days rest now before a long journey down south. We’re coming into this completely fresh, so hopefully gives us a bit of an advantage.

Or Chesterfield, Stockport, Tranmere, Luton, Notts County, Wrexham, Bristol Rovers etc, all of whom would see themselves as comparable to us, and all of whom have had to cope with the drop no matter how awful it seemed. and they've all survived and in some cases thrived.
Agree with the silver lining point and goodness knows we need something positive but my point was not about those clubs that you mentioned, who indeed were relegated but we are told that we should be happy that we are not Bury or Macclesfield who went bust. This is sometimes a counter argument put up by people who seem to believe that RM has done an acceptable job.

Back