• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

This Afternoon's Other L2 Important Games

Just hope we can get a decent set of results in the next 7 games for example. IF we can accumulate 13-15 points from them, reckon we're be well in 'the mix'?.
If not, then good night Vienna?.

CP just tweeted to point out Barrow don't play their games in hand on us until April... Going to need a big rest of February and March then aren't we

Pretty happy with that to be fair, our fight now is against Barrow and Grimsby, given that we only had 2 points out of the first 11 games we have done very well to get back into this and I believe we have enough to stay up just.

Barrow are going to struggle with games coming thick and fast whilst they are in poor form. Grimsby have essentially signed a new team so they are an unknown.

We just need to worry about our own results. At least one of the teams above us will bomb, of that I’m certain.

Yes looks like Stevenage are pulling away but here is a big IF, we win on Saturday they lose, we win our game in hand over them and all of a sudden they are just 2 points infront. We then play them, at Rootshall, could be a massive 6 pointer

Yes looks like Stevenage are pulling away but here is a big IF, we win on Saturday they lose, we win our game in hand over them and all of a sudden they are just 2 points infront. We then play them, at Rootshall, could be a massive 6 pointer

Yes, that would be a nervy one - lots more twists and turns yet to come I think.

We have 18 games left. We probably have to win 8 of them and pick up a few draws.
I'm not sure we'll need that much to stay up, Barrow have got 10 points from their last 10 matches, if they keep that up they'll finish on 43 points so we would only need another 20 points to survive. Obviously we shouldn't assume Barrow won't improve their form but if we cross our fingers the target should be manageable.

One thing worth looking at is that we only had 2 points after 11 games, since then we have picked up 22 points in 17 games thats despite our poor Jan results, if we keep up that rate while Grimsby & Barrow don't improve we could be safe with games to spare

We have 18 games left. We probably have to win 8 of them and pick up a few draws.

We have gained 22 points from the last 17 games so the same return from the remaining 18 may just be enough.....let's start by spanking the Trotters on Saturday (as Miss Piggy was wont to say....).

Well, the 8 wins will give us 48 points. Very rare to get relegated out of League 2 with more than that. Only one I can recollect was in 2013/14 when Bristol Rovers were relegated with 50 points.
I would go for 6 wins and maybe 6 or 7 draws to be sufficient although it could be a lot less that is required.

If you look at recent results then I believe that Stevenage and us will slowly start to string the results together as we are the two teams recently keeping clean sheets. Personally feel that Port Vale and Colchester will slowly start to drop into the mix. Just hope we can start scoring to convert our clean sheets into wins

Up to the end of November, we had played 14 matches in the league, with 1 win, 2 draws and 11 defeats, including 6 in a row at one point, so only 5 points from first 14 matches. For 6, against 29.. Bottom by 6 points..

Since then, 5 wins, 4 draws and 5 defeats (including the 4 in a row) in the next 14 league games, so 19 points from those. For 12, against 15, and 22nd. A definite improvement.

Sign a goalscorer or two (even if a winger), and stick with a back four, and we may even see an improvement on the 2nd group of 14 matches. Let's hope so!

We certainly can’t afford another run of 3 or 4 straight defeats, have to be picking up points in most games from here on in. It is starting to look like a 3-way mini league at the moment. I’d be gutted for Barrow to go down after the years it took them to get back, but obviously them rather than us. Never liked Grimsby much & cant stand Stevenage so it’s annoying they seem to be pulling away. Port Vale look vulnerable but may well get the new manager bounce now. No one else (other than maybe Col U) is looking like they’re about to implode. So personally I think it’s any two from the current bottom three.

If we don’t change our successful four at the back defensive system and win our three home games on the trot we’ll be fine..........oh...........that turned out well.........

If we beat Port Vale, who are on a terrible run of form, we’ll be two points behind them having played the same number of games......after all they must be ****.......oh.......that turned out well.......

Its 2 from 3 down. Mini league we have to finish top of.
Absolutely what I think now its a straight shoot out for one place to stay up. I think Grimsby look much much worse than us so I'm reasonably confident we will finish ahead of them...Barrow worry me...they recruited well in January...

Let's do this!!

When looking at past seasons to gauge how many are needed to stay up, has anyone looked to see how many points the bottom three sides had at this point?

Back