• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Badger74

Manager
A chairman thats lies and still nothing happening

Players not good enough and could take us down as no passion is being shown

Only 3 good performances in my eyes this season (Bistol city/Wolves/Chesterfield) the rest has been awful

Soares worst player ever in a southend shirt even Chris Rramsey was not as bad as him and he gets picked week in week out

And the worst bit seeing fans leaving and saying there have had enough and will not return until changes are made

Kids in front of me yesterday saying they are bored and wanna go home

My old man saying do i want his season ticket (60 years of support and he has never been this low abut the team)

How Ron martin has got away with it for so long I dont know but great to hear chants of Martin Out yesterday and I was not involved but it is now getting through to everyone he has truely xxxxxx us over big time

IMO, with Martin in charge, we've got more chance of going to the wall than moving forward.

IMO, with Martin in charge, we've got more chance of going to the wall than moving forward.

The problem is as a football club we are now worthless....we don't own the ground we are millions in debt and we are basically ****ed and down the river.

Only 3 good performances in my eyes this season (Bistol city/Wolves/Chesterfield) the rest has been awful

You didn't go against torquay then?

You can't tell we've lost can you? I mean this board was full of posts the other week when we won 3 and drew 1 in the space of just over a week!!!

We lose a home game - and to be fair, we lost to the better team - and all of a sudden, everyone goes into meltdown again. 7 days prior to this of course, we outplayed the league leaders on their own patch, and had both of our strikers not been out injured, I'm certain we would have buried them, and now be sitting in the play offs quite comfortably. Yes, today was a bad day at the office, but the blame is probably down to PS getting the tactics wrong - He opted for 5-3-2 which didn't work, but I can also see the reasons why he did that - Crewe have been scoring goals for fun, and are the best footballing side in this division - if we tried to match up to them just by playing football, we'd have no doubt got beaten - He tried something different, it didn't work, let's move on.

Talk of us being bad enough to go down is just bizarre - If, in your hour of desperation, you need some comfort, it is that we have beaten teams worse than us in this league this season, and comfortably. It is going to take time, we have 20+ new players, and yesterday, we had 45 of our first team missing - That is a lot for any team to deal with, let alone one where fringe players haven't had the time to gel yet like the others have.

Yesterdays defeat was not down to anything happening off the pitch - we got beaten, simple as. Why do people analyse every defeat on here to the enth degree? As I said in a previous thread, if the Board, RM and co are responsible for our loss yesterday, then they are also responsible for everytime we win I presume - I didn't see much praise being handed out the other week when we were playing exceptionally well?

Tilly isn't in charge any more - But, we cannot have an inquest every time we lose like this, and start trying to find reasons why we lost, it's just isn;t healthy.

You can't tell we've lost can you? I mean this board was full of posts the other week when we won 3 and drew 1 in the space of just over a week!!!

We lose a home game - and to be fair, we lost to the better team - and all of a sudden, everyone goes into meltdown again. 7 days prior to this of course, we outplayed the league leaders on their own patch, and had both of our strikers not been out injured, I'm certain we would have buried them, and now be sitting in the play offs quite comfortably. Yes, today was a bad day at the office, but the blame is probably down to PS getting the tactics wrong - He opted for 5-3-2 which didn't work, but I can also see the reasons why he did that - Crewe have been scoring goals for fun, and are the best footballing side in this division - if we tried to match up to them just by playing football, we'd have no doubt got beaten - He tried something different, it didn't work, let's move on.

Talk of us being bad enough to go down is just bizarre - If, in your hour of desperation, you need some comfort, it is that we have beaten teams worse than us in this league this season, and comfortably. It is going to take time, we have 20+ new players, and yesterday, we had 45 of our first team missing - That is a lot for any team to deal with, let alone one where fringe players haven't had the time to gel yet like the others have.

Yesterdays defeat was not down to anything happening off the pitch - we got beaten, simple as. Why do people analyse every defeat on here to the enth degree? As I said in a previous thread, if the Board, RM and co are responsible for our loss yesterday, then they are also responsible for everytime we win I presume - I didn't see much praise being handed out the other week when we were playing exceptionally well?

Tilly isn't in charge any more - But, we cannot have an inquest every time we lose like this, and start trying to find reasons why we lost, it's just isn;t healthy.
Well said I agree 100%

Torquay game did not attend due to being in Pub getting smashed!!!
Barnet I attended and to say that it was a great performance OBL would suggest you was not at the game. Barnet are worst than us and even soares looked good!!!
2 very poor teams with us coming out 3-1 winners

Its not about the result its about the performance, losing 2-0 fine but to lose in a way we did was not acceptable. Showfight and passion and i walk away happy.
Hereford/Gillingham and Lincoln all poor teams that we got results against but again not great performances. I think we need 45 players in our first team!!!!

Torquay game did not attend due to being in Pub getting smashed!!!
Barnet I attended and to say that it was a great performance OBL would suggest you was not at the game. Barnet are worst than us and even soares looked good!!!
2 very poor teams with us coming out 3-1 winners

You can only play who is in front of you.

Only want to see players in a southend shirt that will fight for the name of the club.
Win or lose I just want passionate performance that make me want to return week in week out

Well I was, and whether it ws Barnet made us look good or whatever, the crowd were 100% behind the boys and it lifted them, The performance that night was good and I stand by my comment.

Its not about the result its about the performance, losing 2-0 fine but to lose in a way we did was not acceptable. Showfight and passion and i walk away happy.
Hereford/Gillingham and Lincoln all poor teams that we got results against but again not great performances. I think we need 45 players in our first team!!!!

Of course it's about results and it's daft to suggest otherwise. It's great to win with good performances, playing expansive football, but give me a scruffy 1-0 over a defeat any time.

I've been saying all along that this team is the standard of a mid table League Two team. Anyone who thinks this current team will make play offs is seriously deluded.

A squad of players who were on the scrap heap before Paul Sturrock came in, wondering where their next pay cheque was coming from....Suddenly, Xmas for all of them!

PS says he was building a team for League One, I say he's either taking the p*** or stupid. Yes there are a few good players in there, but the rest are woefully dross.

I've been saying all along that this team is the standard of a mid table League Two team. Anyone who thinks this current team will make play offs is seriously deluded.

A squad of players who were on the scrap heap before Paul Sturrock came in, wondering where their next pay cheque was coming from....Suddenly, Xmas for all of them!

PS says he was building a team for League One, I say he's either taking the p*** or stupid. Yes there are a few good players in there, but the rest are woefully dross.

To be fair, who would want to come here? Our reputation as a club has been dragged through the mud.

Of course it's about results and it's daft to suggest otherwise. It's great to win with good performances, playing expansive football, but give me a scruffy 1-0 over a defeat any time.

Untrue if the team went out played well and we lost fairplay. All we ask is they give 100% at the end of the day us buying tickets pays their wages!

Soares worst player ever in a southend shirt even Chris Rramsey was not as bad as him and he gets picked week in week out

And the worst bit seeing fans leaving and saying there have had enough and will not return until changes are made

Kids in front of me yesterday saying they are bored and wanna go home

My old man saying do i want his season ticket (60 years of support and he has never been this low abut the team)

How Ron martin has got away with it for so long I dont know but great to hear chants of Martin Out yesterday and I was not involved but it is now getting through to everyone he has truely xxxxxx us over big time

Just out of interest what is the word behind the "Xs".

Back