• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

This coming Saturday

But the fans were chanting Ron out in numbers at the last protest,
On the twitter thread about Ron's latest statement regarding BBC Essex someone has replied with a picture of a banner saying "Ron Out"

Not sure it's misrepresentation but a diverse position taken up by different fans
Well my understanding is the message the various groups are agreed on is “united for change” as per the poster shown in the thread.
I don’t know how it can be clearer.

We actually have people who would want Ron out even if the club went under and we came back as a Phoenix club in level 9 or something, so you will never stop people doing what they want to do.

Police have been really good to their credit
And they should be of everything is done in line with their requirements, which from what you have said has been.

Reckon they may send a few more than they planned due to Man U, but thats good for the coppers they get some overtime, also reckon they will be more vigilant which again is good for your cause as if one goes awry and others follow then it could look bad but they will be on top of it earlier i reckon.

But the fans were chanting Ron out in numbers at the last protest,
On the twitter thread about Ron's latest statement regarding BBC Essex someone has replied with a picture of a banner saying "Ron Out"

Not sure it's misrepresentation but a diverse position taken up by different fans
I didnt think this protest was a Ron Out protest but more about change and getitng the club run in a different way

Last edited:
Which just goes to show the press will show and report just what sensationalises/makes good headlines- “Ron Out” does we demand change doesn’t. So whilst the message is supposed to be about things needing to change there will need only to be one “Ron Out” voice or banner for that to be what gets reported even if it’s not representative.

Whilst it would be very disappointing for some to be misrepresented, not sure there is very much that can be done about it.
Like this one you mean? That pair certainly got air time each time BBC East ran footage of the Saturday protest.

southend_protest.jpg

Well my understanding is the message the various groups are agreed on is “united for change” as per the poster shown in the thread.
I don’t know how it can be clearer.

We actually have people who would want Ron out even if the club went under and we came back as a Phoenix club in level 9 or something, so you will never stop people doing what they want to do.

Not every supporter that is likely to attend is a member of the various groups or read SZ. Wouldn't they have their own banners, with their own thoughts (ie Ron Out), rather than the collective agenda ?

Not every supporter that is likely to attend is a member of the various groups or read SZ. Wouldn't they have their own banners, with their own thoughts (ie Ron Out), rather than the collective agenda ?
Yep- exactly my point- and as per RHB's they will find a couple of people with a nice banner saying whatever supports the message the particular news outlet wishes to convey.

People on here talk about a "Ron Out!" protest as if it's a bad thing. Well i'm sorry but leopards don't change their spots overnight, this man has lead us to a double relegation, and a last gasp last day save from relegation the season before.
Oh it's been a whale of a time in a pandemic watching our team get ceremoniously stuffed week in and out, setting all sorts of records that no club would ever want.
Talk's cheap, it's what happened on the pitch that gets the reaction from the fans and this has been extreme.

To then come to a realisation that we have no guarantees that the club could sustain itself if Ron gave up scratching the itch, well thats it then for me. That just about tops it all off.

This isnt about making a few mistakes, not getting a CEO, this is about the damn running of a brilliant club down the pan and depressing every Shrimper i know.
Look forward to Saturday, i need to vent.
Every good Shrimper should get along. Regardless what he says in a zoom call two days beforehand.

People on here talk about a "Ron Out!" protest as if it's a bad thing. Well i'm sorry but leopards don't change their spots overnight, this man has lead us to a double relegation, and a last gasp last day save from relegation the season before.
Oh it's been a whale of a time in a pandemic watching our team get ceremoniously stuffed week in and out, setting all sorts of records that no club would ever want.
Talk's cheap, it's what happened on the pitch that gets the reaction from the fans and this has been extreme.

To then come to a realisation that we have no guarantees that the club could sustain itself if Ron gave up scratching the itch, well thats it then for me. That just about tops it all off.

This isnt about making a few mistakes, not getting a CEO, this is about the damn running of a brilliant club down the pan and depressing every Shrimper i know.
Look forward to Saturday, i need to vent.
Every good Shrimper should get along. Regardless what he says in a zoom call two days beforehand.
Even if we get a ceo in, its not going to make that much of difference in regards to player recruitment due to ron still being at the club. Players and agents know ron has bad history of paying players on time or not at all....... with that in mind it will still be hard to attract the right players! Bad reputation isn't just going to suddenly disappear...... with number of National league sides who have wealthy backers, players will choice those sides over us.

Could end up being years before we get back into efl.

Has anyone had any thoughts about protesting next season (assuming we are allowed inside the ground (s) during games ?

I'll be there Saturday, come rain or shine!. Only personally know 5 fellow posters on here!.
So i'll be wearing a self adhesive label with my user name on it, so anyone on here in attendance will know who i am!.
Anyone else gonna do that?.

Interesting article about you lot on tv local news last night with an interview of a couple of supporters but it's pretty confusing from the outside as bloke in interview said they wanted Martin out, and clip of previous protest showed fans chanting they want Martin out too but other protesters suggesting they just wanted "change" whilst Stan is introducing a potential new CEO for Ron to employ (which he's hardly going to do if he's about to leave).

I just hope (genuinely hope for your sakes, as I've been posting about my surprise you lot haven't been more active and vocal about your ownership for years) that your messaging doesn't get distorted or confused as the press will only really report the most vocal soundbites
**** me we cant even arrange one properly for this season yet ... :)
Yet it’s been arranged finalised and all agreed for over a week ?

Back