• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

This coming Saturday

That does really explain the nature of protest. Is it vocal. Is it silent. Are there going to be banners. Is there a focal point for the agenda.

Seems like there is the potential for loads of people to turn up and just make lots of different noise.
Sorry, but i have no idea as I am not involved in the organisation of this at all.

Perhaps contact the organisers on Facebook directly but I would imagine that it will be quite vocal.

I just really hope that no idiots turn up just looking for an excuse to cause trouble.

Also to make everybody aware a full risk assessment has been done by us with police cooperation etc..... so it’s all be organised the correct way
Has the Manachester United protest altered any of the policing views that in it shouldn't go ahead.

Clearly we are always going to be a different class from our northern cousins but didn't know if their actions would have changed how the police viewed our protest / rally.

Police monitor most football fans forums as a rule apparently but if something is organised they make sure they keep up to date with the musings on boards.

I would guess after Man Utd fans efforts last they will be more heightened towards policing, bit it wont change their views on letting it proceed, just how vigilant they are on the day i reckon

Also to make everybody aware a full risk assessment has been done by us with police cooperation etc..... so it’s all be organised the correct way
Hi Scott are we all meeting at Roots hall at 12:00 on Saturday

Police monitor most football fans forums as a rule apparently but if something is organised they make sure they keep up to date with the musings on boards.

I would guess after Man Utd fans efforts last they will be more heightened towards policing, bit it wont change their views on letting it proceed, just how vigilant they are on the day i reckon

Hello to the Rozzers!

That does really explain the nature of protest. Is it vocal. Is it silent. Are there going to be banners. Is there a focal point for the agenda.

Seems like there is the potential for loads of people to turn up and just make lots of different noise.
It will be a loud protest (only way as what’s the point of being silent and or trying to make people silent). There will be a few speeches made, there will be a few banners and 500 cards we have had made to hold up.
End of the day we can’t tell fans how to protest as long as there is no violence or anything like that than all are welcome to protest how they wish. This is the ultimate show of unity

Has the Manachester United protest altered any of the policing views that in it shouldn't go ahead.

Clearly we are always going to be a different class from our northern cousins but didn't know if their actions would have changed how the police viewed our protest / rally.
No, with any luck it’s done us a favour as the club will take securing the pitch and stadium buildings more securely.
With the police they have been helpful and we have been in contact with them at every stage and they have accepted our risk assessment which they asked us to write out which we have in detail, it contains details of the protest with things like distancing measures, first aid, clearing up after. All that kind of stuff.

Police have been really good to their credit

Hi Scott are we all meeting at Roots hall at 12:00 on Saturday
Protest is from midday but it’s not going to matter if some don’t turn up till say 1

it will be good to put some names to faces from some of you so please feel free to come at chat to me and give me your thoughts and importantly ideas moving forward with the club.

Interesting article about you lot on tv local news last night with an interview of a couple of supporters but it's pretty confusing from the outside as bloke in interview said they wanted Martin out, and clip of previous protest showed fans chanting they want Martin out too but other protesters suggesting they just wanted "change" whilst Stan is introducing a potential new CEO for Ron to employ (which he's hardly going to do if he's about to leave).

I just hope (genuinely hope for your sakes, as I've been posting about my surprise you lot haven't been more active and vocal about your ownership for years) that your messaging doesn't get distorted or confused as the press will only really report the most vocal soundbites

Interesting article about you lot on tv local news last night with an interview of a couple of supporters but it's pretty confusing from the outside as bloke in interview said they wanted Martin out, and clip of previous protest showed fans chanting they want Martin out too but other protesters suggesting they just wanted "change" whilst Stan is introducing a potential new CEO for Ron to employ (which he's hardly going to do if he's about to leave).

I just hope (genuinely hope for your sakes, as I've been posting about my surprise you lot haven't been more active and vocal about your ownership for years) that your messaging doesn't get distorted or confused as the press will only really report the most vocal soundbites
Which just goes to show the press will show and report just what sensationalises/makes good headlines- “Ron Out” does we demand change doesn’t. So whilst the message is supposed to be about things needing to change there will need only to be one “Ron Out” voice or banner for that to be what gets reported even if it’s not representative.

Whilst it would be very disappointing for some to be misrepresented, not sure there is very much that can be done about it.

Which just goes to show the press will show and report just what sensationalises/makes good headlines- “Ron Out” does we demand change doesn’t. So whilst the message is supposed to be about things needing to change there will need only to be one “Ron Out” voice or banner for that to be what gets reported even if it’s not representative.

Whilst it would be very disappointing for some to be misrepresented, not sure there is very much that can be done about it.

But the fans were chanting Ron out in numbers at the last protest,
On the twitter thread about Ron's latest statement regarding BBC Essex someone has replied with a picture of a banner saying "Ron Out"

Not sure it's misrepresentation but a diverse position taken up by different fans

Back