• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

This country isn't free anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
A list of BNP members has been leaked on to the internet. People who are on it fear for their jobs. Police officers who are members will definitely be sacked. The Association of Chief Police Officers has banned police officers and staff from belonging to the BNP. Last month a Greater Manchester police officer was forced to resign after he was seen wearing a BNP badge at a football match.

This is outrageous. Surely people can belong to whatever party they like. Can the left really approve of this, or justify it?

A list of BNP members has been leaked on to the internet. People who are on it fear for their jobs. Police officers who are members will definitely be sacked. The Association of Chief Police Officers has banned police officers and staff from belonging to the BNP. Last month a Greater Manchester police officer was forced to resign after he was seen wearing a BNP badge at a football match.

This is outrageous. Surely people can belong to whatever party they like. Can the left really approve of this, or justify it?

Meat and gravy for TB.....i bet he is buggerd right off he can not comment on this thread!

A police officer 'should' be imapartial and hold the law for everyone.
Who they vote for in private, and who thier loyalties lie with have to be kept away from thier jobs.
I believe most people have always thought the police to be Thatchers Stormtroopers in the past and wearing BNP badges would NOt help community relations...
How can wearing any political insignia be serving the community, be it right , left or centre...it cant happen.

I'm sure grand pooh bar of the Masons wont be too happy either

BTW, I dont agree in the name and shame policy either. It should have been dealt with internally and correctly.

Everybody should be entitled to belong to ANY political party they wish without fear of censure. Public officials should remain neutral with respect to their job, however out of work they're entitled to their view as is anyone else.

A public official being seen to support ANY political party is, in my opinion, in the wrong. Mind you, I also object to people who are famous through media using their fame to promote political parties. The fact they can sing doesn't mean they know anything about politics, it's just influencing the small minded.

As for the publishing of the list, whoever did that should be prosecuted fully. it's an invasion of privacy, and no matter who the people on the list are, they're entitled to keep it to themselves.

If it's in your job description to not belong to the British Nazi Party it takes a special kind of imbecile to do exactly that

but would it be legal to ban membership of a legitimate political party? If I ran a business, I'd quite happily ban membership of the Labour party, doubt I'd be allowed to though.

Just how high was Scott on the list anyway!!??!!

the establishment are running scared !!!!

the loony left brigade with their constant whining have turned millions of voters into tHe arms of the BNP.

with every leaked headline the BNP grow stronger which personally worries me,i fear if the BNP ever gained power there would be mass blood shed on the streets?

however someone has to stand up for the rights of british workers/public as the current situation surely cannot continue?

If they are BNP supporters and want to see that party elected to serve in government and they've joined up as a member of that party why would they be so ashamed to see their name on this list? Isn't joining the party a pretty clear statement anyway? It's not an underground illegal movement and if you feel strongly enough to sign up to a particular party then surely you need the kahunas to back up your beliefs?

Apparently the list was leaked by a disgruntled ex senior BNP member, not by "the left".

Would people on here mind being policed by BNP members or have their kids taught by teachers who were BNP members? Or would you feel that personal beliefs are irrelevant in these fields?

Would people on here mind being policed by BNP members or have their kids taught by teachers who were BNP members? Or would you feel that personal beliefs are irrelevant in these fields?

Alternatively, would people mind being policed, or having their kids taught, by Communists?

When I was at school, we had a left wing RE teacher. RE became less about religion, and more about how wonderful the unions were. Now, if I had kids taught by someone like that, I'd be complaining like mad. It's not relevant to the subject, and it's opinion being told as fact.

When I was at college, I had some very left wing teachers. They taught the subject, and politics didn't come into it (other than the odd discussion about politics as informal chat) For me that's fine. The subject is being taught properly, and although opinion is at times being made, it is as opinion. The same would go for BNP members. If they stick to the teaching subject, and opinions only arise in informal chats, and as opinions, then fine. if they start preaching their beliefs, there's a problem.

Alternatively, would people mind being policed, or having their kids taught, by Communists?

When I was at school, we had a left wing RE teacher. RE became less about religion, and more about how wonderful the unions were. Now, if I had kids taught by someone like that, I'd be complaining like mad. It's not relevant to the subject, and it's opinion being told as fact.

When I was at college, I had some very left wing teachers. They taught the subject, and politics didn't come into it (other than the odd discussion about politics as informal chat) For me that's fine. The subject is being taught properly, and although opinion is at times being made, it is as opinion. The same would go for BNP members. If they stick to the teaching subject, and opinions only arise in informal chats, and as opinions, then fine. if they start preaching their beliefs, there's a problem.

Ok but is the BNP member likely to have the same positivity for all the kids in the class, regardless of race, nationality etc when his belief is that they should all be sent "home" on the next flight out of the country? Personally I think it takes a special kind of self hatred/bitterness to be a BNP member - but that's just my opinion and I'm no "lefty" by the way.

Ok but is the BNP member likely to have the same positivity for all the kids in the class, regardless of race, nationality etc when his belief is that they should all be sent "home" on the next flight out of the country? Personally I think it takes a special kind of self hatred/bitterness to be a BNP member - but that's just my opinion and I'm no "lefty" by the way.

the more accurate view is from the ordinary people on the streets.

my job allows me to meet total strangers aplenty ie in their homes to undertake work.

decent well spoken well mannered male/female have started conversations with me complaining how this country has changed for the worse.

top of their moans is immigration by a country mile.

indeed a recent survey showed that the majority put immigration as their biggest concern.

why would they be so ashamed to see their name on this list?
Who says they are ashamed DS? They are being judged by the political party they support which is unfair. People are scared of the BNP but its only the recent rubbish Labour governments who are driving more people towards them.

the more accurate view is from the ordinary people on the streets.

my job allows me to meet total strangers aplenty ie in their homes to undertake work.

decent well spoken well mannered male/female have started conversations with me complaining how this country has changed for the worse.

top of their moans is immigration by a country mile.

indeed a recent survey showed that the majority put immigration as their biggest concern.

I think you'll find that's the popular view which isn't the same as the most accurate . Commonly held misconceptions allow parties like the BNP, to gain power (and i would alos include extreme parties of any political agenda in that ).

Who defends the rights of british workers , well they bloody should , you need to learn the law relating to your job and teh contract you signed etc , dont depend on others for this , 1000 people knowing their rights can do a heck of a lot more the even 1 QC .

Who says they are ashamed DS? They are being judged by the political party they support which is unfair. People are scared of the BNP but its only the recent rubbish Labour governments who are driving more people towards them.

Absolute tosh , its their own fear and prejudices.

We are the sum total of our words and actions - surely if you align yourself with a political party enough to sign up as a member then you're welcoming such a judgement - you're asking that party to represent you. Nothing to hide from or be ashamed of, surely?If these are your beliefs and you stand by them, why would it bother you for the world to know about them? In the instances where jobs are at risk (and it looks like the cases are few and far between) then I would suggest that the people involved felt strongly enough to take that risk and knew what they were doing.

For my mind this is bollocks.

You should be allowed to support any political party you want to without fear of losing your job. Is that not what this whole country stands for?

Everyone has there opinions and I would not feel happier with someone from the extreme left teaching my kids than from the extreme right. What is the teacher is a mormon, a scientologist etc? I dont agree with there beliefs anymore than I do the left wingers but that is there view and dosent make them bad people or bad at there jobs etc.

Smacks for my mind of the usual rule that if you are from the right you are some sort of Nazi supporting nutter who denies the holocaust and has an obession with Hitler. As usual total bollocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back