• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

This Is A Fight.

Onion_Bag_Dave

YEELLLOOOWWWSSS
We are all hurting.

EVERYONE just has to back the players and manager for the rest of the reason or you will contribute to our relegation whether you like that or not it’s a fact.

No ironic cheering players off when they’re subbed.
No booing at half time.
No jeering players off.
No “we’re ****ing ****, we’re ****ing ****” songs.

The players and manager know when there’s a mistake.

This is a fight. There aren’t many of us in this world. There are only a select few of us blessed with this blue blood in our veins. We’re all together. When you’re in a fight you need your ****ing mates to back you up - no matter what. Ask questions later.

Just positive voices.

WE HEAL NOW AS A TEAM...
OR WE WILL DIE AS INIDIVIDUALS...

I haven’t felt like this about football for a long ****ing time. I feel sick and sad and angry.

WHAT ARE YA GONNNNA DO?????

Last edited:
More motivation in this post than Powell has ever offered.

Only way we win this fight is if the manager goes

Problem is the way we are heading, there will not be many attending to boo or show disapproval to players and manager

Problem is the way we are heading, there will not be many attending to boo or show disapproval to players and manager
Perhaps this is the problem and why we struggle at home. Too many fans are only to willing to get on the teams backs. We need to support our team through thick and thin. It's not easy to fight the fight when everything is against you. Back Powell and back the team and just maybe neither of them will be afraid of making mistakes. Too many people only willing to do the Wembley run and not support through the dogfight. GET OFF THEIR BACK AND GIVE US A CHANCE

Win a game and show some character and they may get of the players back.

Powell has had an incredibly easy and accepting crowd response so far.

Casual supporters will now vote with their feet.

Die hard supporters react to what they see on the pitch.

All anyone asks for is 100% effort and commitment from the players and management - I wonder how many tones this season the supporters have been provided with that?

Ah, so it's the fans fault we are in this mess.

Poor little players need our comfort - right everyone, I suggest we all get on the pitch before the game on Saturday and have a mass group hug with the players and we tell them how much we love them.

Ah, so it's the fans fault we are in this mess.

Poor little players need our comfort - right everyone, I suggest we all get on the pitch before the game on Saturday and have a mass group hug with the players and we tell them how much we love them.

First of all - mate come on that is not what I said. Ha. You’ve just made that up. I didn’t say anything like that. The final part of the season needs togetherness only.

Secondally - this would actually improve things - even if it would be a bit weird... If the entire ground sung “WE ARE STAYING UP” and cheered and went mad for 90 minutes this would create a positive environment. We’d be more likely to perform.

Playing in a stadium where you can hear every negative comment breads an attitude that isn’t helpful.

You don’t have to believe it if you don’t want to - but it’s just true. Footballers are people and they are even more normal at our level. As fans it’s very easy to use the “poooor litttle rich players” as an excuse because it’s the only thing we really have on them.

Negative environment affects the players more than the fans realise. But to be fair - you do pay your money. So it’s up to you.

All I’m saying is imagine an environment where it was like i describe above.

In the art of war Sun Tzu counselled that the wise man never seeks confrontation.

Instead you follow someone into the gents and punch them in the back of the head whilst they are at the urinal.

More motivation in this post than Powell has ever offered.

Only way we win this fight is if the manager goes

I have been told he has gone mental at the players in the changing rooms more than once. Just because you don't see it happen, doesn't mean it hasn't happened.

If you want your players and staff to give 1OO%, you may well want to create an atmosphere where their families can actually come along and sit in the main stand.

If some ones daughter doesn't want to watch daddy at home, I doubt you will get the best from him.

Its one thing booing etc but screaming out F*** of you useless c*** etc are the words of utter cowards hiding from the safety of their seats......I for one despise you. Yes we all pay our money and that means we don't have to listen to such s***.

The fact is some of you will be poised for the first mistake on Saturday and ready to show the world how 'passionate' you are. Even if we win you will still be calling for CP's head.

If we go one down you will find out whether we deserve L2 or not...…From what I have witnessed this season I don't have much faith..

First of all - mate come on that is not what I said. Ha. You’ve just made that up. I didn’t say anything like that. The final part of the season needs togetherness only.

Secondally - this would actually improve things - even if it would be a bit weird... If the entire ground sung “WE ARE STAYING UP” and cheered and went mad for 90 minutes this would create a positive environment. We’d be more likely to perform.

Playing in a stadium where you can hear every negative comment breads an attitude that isn’t helpful.

You don’t have to believe it if you don’t want to - but it’s just true. Footballers are people and they are even more normal at our level. As fans it’s very easy to use the “poooor litttle rich players” as an excuse because it’s the only thing we really have on them.

Negative environment affects the players more than the fans realise. But to be fair - you do pay your money. So it’s up to you.

All I’m saying is imagine an environment where it was like i describe above.

Personally, based on our god awful home form, I actually think the crowd hasn't been that bad and if you think you can get rid of all negativity in the ground based on current form, then you are living in cloud cuckoo land!!

If the players put in the same passion and effort as Cox does, then I expect you would see a different response.

Personally if the likes of Mantom are strolling around, continuing to do completely shoddy set pieces, then I'm sorry, I will cheer when he's taken off; because I expect more from the players out there and have a right to express how I feel.

I would also add, what doesn't help the mood on a Saturday, certainly in my experience, is when you see the team sheet.

How many times in the last few months, at home, have you thought, "oh here we go again, another negative formation"

I have been told he has gone mental at the players in the changing rooms more than once. Just because you don't see it happen, doesn't mean it hasn't happened.
Even Ron's dressing room visit didn't work...says more about players not bothered...which apart from a few players who give 100% you can see on the pitch

Some good points (Let's get OBD on the loudspeaker as official cheerleader prior to the game!).

I think it's even more important to get behind the team if we go a goal down. Let's at least try to be positive instead if immediately groaning, hopefully their heads won't drop so quickly if we can show some support.

If we still collapse to another embarrasing defeat at least no one could say the fans are partly to blame.

Perhaps this is the problem and why we struggle at home. Too many fans are only to willing to get on the teams backs. We need to support our team through thick and thin. It's not easy to fight the fight when everything is against you. Back Powell and back the team and just maybe neither of them will be afraid of making mistakes. Too many people only willing to do the Wembley run and not support through the dogfight. GET OFF THEIR BACK AND GIVE US A CHANCE

Completely wrong, most people found Southend when Tilly/Brush took us up, prior to that we had played in front of smaller crowd,especially on cold mid week games, and even then we had our moaners

I would also add, what doesn't help the mood on a Saturday, certainly in my experience, is when you see the team sheet.

How many times in the last few months, at home, have you thought, "oh here we go again, another negative formation"

When Hopper was fit, we played 442, when Humphrys came in we played 442. Without a big strong striker to partner Cox in a 442, we have to play a different formation, which means different personnel and tactics. That's the nature of football

Overpaid bunch of fairies the majority of them.
Couldn't spot a bollock between most of them
Yesteryear's footballers would laugh at how easy most of them crumble at the first sign of adversity.
Where are the players who roll up their sleeves and refuse to accept such dross week in week out.
Cox apart i'm struggling.
Bish is being left hung out to dry at a time when he needs all the support he can get.
People say CP's not to blame , think again.
He cut the squad up in the summer to bring in he's REPLACEMENTS of he's choice. they have failed miserably week in week out.
5 years effort to get out of Lg2 and years of effort going into the new stadium just for it to be thrown away and back to square one in the final 10/15 games on one year.

I've woken up so dejected and ****ed off it's gonna be a foul day for me.

When Hopper was fit, we played 442, when Humphrys came in we played 442. Without a big strong striker to partner Cox in a 442, we have to play a different formation, which means different personnel and tactics. That's the nature of football

Yep I know that, but just because we have to change things about, doesn't mean we still have to go with a negative formation week in week out, even if Cox is our only senior forward

Back