• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

This is a local battle for local people

MK Shrimper

Striker
The local(ish) bands.

Pick a band/singer who at least one member was born within 20 miles of the Essex Riveria. Essex only please, so no Rolling Stones who hail from Kent.

Artists that currently come to mind are;

Dr Feelgood
Depeche Mode
Yazoo
Alison Moyet
Kursaal Flyers
My Life Story

A yellow card will be issued to any poster who cites support of our glorious team as a reason to vote! This is about the music!

Can't see this being huge, so first 8 entries. Winner gets a hot date with Uncle Ken McNasty, bring your own kebabs.

This could get painful. Damn my good ideas :hilarious:

1) Kursaal Flyers - Napster.

These New Puritans

Suprised to find that none of the original Procul Harum were born in Southend although BJ Wilson was brought up here.

Curses, Underworld (Darren Emerson) just 4 miles too far.

Dan le Sac vs Scroobius Pip are within 20 miles. :smile:

Talk Talk is another one

who from Talk Talk is local?

Ceephax Acid Crew for me. I assume Chelmsford is within your 20 mile radius.

[video=youtube;ZHFL8WY-_cI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZHFL8WY-_cI#![/video]

20.2 miles by all accounts but I'll allow it.

1) Kursaal Flyers - Napster
2) Ceefax Acid Crew - Pubes

Eddie & The Hot Rods
Danielle Dax
Busted
**** & The Gang
Gemma Ray

but I'm nomintaing Tom Jenkinson aka Squarepusher, born Chelmsford.

1) Kursaal Flyers - Napster
2) Ceephax Acid Crew - Pubes
3) The Boxer Rebellion - MK
4) Squarepusher - Drastic.

How could I forget? And I'm not ******* up, they're a great band. Roll on album 4!

Back