• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

This is Disgraceful, Southend are a joke.

THE SEVENTIES NORTH BANK

Life President⭐⭐
Can't believe that there's nothing for anyone to moan about. Even I have a little go every now and again.
The team look awesome at the moment, even too good in midfield for macca to currently get in the starting line up with the amazing energy and class of Sawyer and Christophe playing like a poor man's Patrick Rieri. A clean sheet. A confidence spreading aussie goalkeeper. A striker that is clearly much too good for this league. At last after those very poor opening results, finally ditching the Dreaded Diamond and now attacking down the wings to great effect.Team spirit and a fight till you drop attitude for all to see.

Forget all that relegation nonsense that some spoke about, we are looking a great bet each-way for top Three.
It's sure is great to be a Southend fan at the moment. There's nothing like coming away from Roots Hall buzzing.

The obvious solution to our current conundrum of having nothing to whinge about would be to sack the management. Then we could all leap upon the patent idiocy of the notion that any replacement would be better placed to get results with the team built by arguable our most successful management duo of all time. On second thoughts, we did that a couple of weeks ago, didn't we? And how little the advocates of the kneejerk reaction have to say for themselves now.

:D :D :D

"And how little the advocates of the kneejerk reaction have to say for themselves now."

Well, here's one prophet of doom admitting, at the moment, I seem to be wrong. Happy to be so, that's for sure!

The obvious solution to our current conundrum of having nothing to whinge about would be to sack the management. Then we could all leap upon the patent idiocy of the notion that any replacement would be better placed to get results with the team built by arguable our most successful management duo of all time. On second thoughts, we did that a couple of weeks ago, didn't we? And how little the advocates of the kneejerk reaction have to say for themselves now.

:D :D :D

Dont panic, they will be back if we lose to yeovil

In the same way there was no point getting too downbeat after a handful fo games, need to be wary of going overboard after a handful more. Hereford, Crewe, Orient, Yeovil and Stockport always looked like a set of games where a lot of points could be picked up and we can add Swindon to that. We're still 8th and whilst Orient never tested us much, Crewe gave us countless problems. Defensive problems like that just don't go away and I hope Tilson will pre-empt their second coming by approaching the transfer market in exactly the same way he was before.

As much as I'd love to be saying this as a petty insult, we can't judge our team on a performance against Orient when they play like that.

always believed we could turn it around..
but to now (permission to get carried away) look like we can and should be right up the top of the league is brilliant!

up the blues :)

its always the same we lose a few and its armagedon time tilly out etc etc from some real muppetts who for some reason dont want to give our greatest manager ever the credit and support he deserves nay has earnt

"And how little the advocates of the kneejerk reaction have to say for themselves now."

Well, here's one prophet of doom admitting, at the moment, I seem to be wrong. Happy to be so, that's for sure!

Fair play to ya, though I suspect you may be on your own in coming forwards.

Dont panic, they will be back if we lose to yeovil

I don't doubt it for one moment. Judge the management on six seasons of hard fought progress, during which time we've advanced around 30-35 places up the football league ladder, or on a bit of transient form which is inevitable while trying to gel a young, yet rapidly improving team together? If anything is going to improve cohesion, then obviously it's sacking the manager. Where's the eye rolling smiley when you need it? ;)

Don't know but just found this little guy

fan2.gif

Ah, I have it, at least the best I could find

rolleyessmileyst6.gif

Originally Posted by RobM

Fair play to ya, though I suspect you may be on your own in coming forwards."

Indeed I have a £10 wager (which I now regret!) with a fellow Shtrimper that we would go down. How would you like the money, Sir? :stunned:"

Back