• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

This is great: training today

Well at least we should have a very fit squad for the start of the season. They'll be doing double training sessions for the 5 days spent in Weymouth.

Well at least we should have a very fit squad for the start of the season. They'll be doing double training sessions for the 5 days spent in Weymouth.

Either that or we'll end up starting the season with 9 long term injuries and a decimated squad but we all know that'll never happen.........................

Hiding amongst the "training facility" that's still to be assembled. :Cool:

I'm told the ship may have sailed with the Becks soccer tent....leaving it in it's wrapping too long was not the best idea.

How many of us here have an unfinished DIY job or ten hanging over us?

I would think most of us have unfinished DIY projects. But not to the cost (£2m?) of the Indoor Soccerome that was purchased over 4 years ago and still lies unassembled at the training ground. :Sad:

Looked good, but I couldn't see the manatee that KB was referring to.....?

Must be something dugong with my eyes....

I would think most of us have unfinished DIY projects. But not to the cost (£2m?) of the Indoor Soccerome that was purchased over 4 years ago and still lies unassembled at the training ground. :Sad:
Scrap value has probably gone up.

The Dome cost £500,000, but the cost to erect it was estimated at £2Million. That's where the problem lies. The cost to erect it was estimated the end of 2014. Would be even more now, and I should imagine some of the covering might need replacing having sat there all that time. The metal frame is probably fine.

The Dome cost £500,000, but the cost to erect it was estimated at £2Million. That's where the problem lies. The cost to erect it was estimated the end of 2014. Would be even more now, and I should imagine some of the covering might need replacing having sat there all that time. The metal frame is probably fine.

I was told a lower figure than that. Apparently Ron put in a cheeky offer that was accepted. Obviously he expected it to be used quicker than it will be.

Back