• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

This is the worst southend side ever

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
I haven't been going as long as some on here. But since 93 I have seen some poor sides.

I always hoped I'd never see another side as bad and as desperate as the side under Alvin Martin.

But I think the time has come to accept that this current side is the worst side I've seen.

The last few seasons have been dreadful.

When you make it all relative to the money this lot are pocketing, this is the worse side EVER

I get what he means and I agree.
I keep saying it, there is something rotten at the club and it's taking us down and will continue to do so unless it's weeded out.
What is it? 4 managers not one seems to make a difference it’s the players, they’re crap their attitude is crap either way they’re the worst side I’ve ever seen and they need to all go. Summer will be a relief to get rid of all this tat we have

The year is 2063. Another disappointing afternoon for Southend, as their search for a clean sheet continues.

Manager, and fans favourite, Sam Mantom, may be showing signs that he’s began to feel the pressure, having spent the entirety of the second half, hiding in the changing rooms. Wanting to set the record straight, he has sent a text message to the Southend Echo assuring fans that he believes the team will come good sooner or later, and has set his sights on the upcoming derby against Bowers & Pitsea, for his team to show what they can really do.

Liam Ridgewell remains a doubt for the game, but will face a late fitness test on the calf strain that has kept him out of the side for the last 44-years.

On the bright side, Ron’s ghost has just announced that a Council decision regarding the revised plans for Fossetts Farm, are due imminently, with building work on the new stadium scheduled to commence shortly.

Unfortunately, Ron’s ghost was unavailable for comment, when asked where the Eastwood Jr. money has gone.

Well the problems were obvious last season with the midfield being totally unbalanced and the defence lacking experience and quality.....So what did we do...sign an identical midfielder who is past it and defenders who are non league standard.
Ron has created this mess with his poor and lengthy management selection.
How is Sol going to able to turn this round...come January who will want to come here as we're now laughing stock of the league and barring the biggest comeback ever relegation certainties. Not forgetting the financial side as I can't believe we have any money left to spend on the right people.
So Ron your master plan has worked we're going back to the basement for the second time under your fantastic leadership

I have seen a lot of players worse than what we have got at the moment , And I have seen technically worse teams , however all of those teams , however poor, had fight a talisman and someone who could get a goal out of little, so we did get the occasional decent display and there was always hope

Performance wise this is the lowest in my 52 years , it could be the increase in years adding to the pessimism, but I don't even have hope before a game now.

On the bright side we have some very talented grifters that convinced Ron to give them a contract. Ridgewell, Milligan, Mantom, Hyam.

Sol needs to have a long hard look at the kids who could come into central midfield. Throw a couple in now, nothing to lose because Milligan, Mantom & Hyam are not the answer. Alternatively put Kiernan in there with Hutchinson, the defence have taken some unfair stick this season, when you're constantly exposed by a non existent midfield mistakes will happen.

I have seen a lot of players worse than what we have got at the moment , And I have seen technically worse teams , however all of those teams , however poor, had fight a talisman and someone who could get a goal out of little, so we did get the occasional decent display and there was always hope

Performance wise this is the lowest in my 52 years , it could be the increase in years adding to the pessimism, but I don't even have hope before a game now.

I am a mere 33 years compared to you mate but feel exactly the same.

I have been going since 1957, seen so many games I could not count. This is the worst team we have ever had.

Our defence is just school boy level.

So does anyone think if Ron had appointed a manger within 2 weeks.....Results would be a lot better?

So does anyone think if Ron had appointed a manger within 2 weeks.....Results would be a lot better?
You mean would we have improved by now ? Depends who he would have appointed doesn't it, if you mean had Sol come in sooner then probably yes, the guy appears to be a massive step up on Bond but make no mistake the rot has well and truly set in, he's got a mammoth task on his hands. Thank **** the Burton game has been postponed.

Certainly rates in the top two or three imo. We do have a couple of very good players but as a team overall? No.

You know, coming from a different angle, I'm inclined to give full and total support behind SC and the staff he brought in. With the huge amount of experience they bring as ex-players they'll have sussed out very quickly who and what is not working. As manager and coaches they'll need time (and money) to put things right. If that takes 12 - 18 months with a relegation thrown in, so be it. I do feel they're the right leaders to turn things around.

Back