• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

talking about how many will remeber in years to come that we missed promotion by 1 pointlast season ,i would answer a guess that only about the same amount who remember we also mssed promotion from division 3 south by 1 point back in 1953, Leyton Orient being the team that pipped us .

They will be talking about Ian Benjamin's goal at Bury and they will be talking about Jo Pigott's goal at Wembley because its the league that matters.

They will be talking about Ian Benjamin's goal at Bury and they will be talking about Jo Pigott's goal at Wembley because its the league that matters.
Yes the league is important i agree , but so are the clubs finances ,and decent cup runs and appearances at Wembley because of what you call a tinpot trophy and matches against Man U ,Spurs , chelski etc over the years have provided the club with much needed revenue, im sure without that we wouldnt even be in league one .

talking about how many will remeber in years to come that we missed promotion by 1 pointlast season ,i would answer a guess that only about the same amount who remember we also mssed promotion from division 3 south by 1 point back in 1953, Leyton Orient being the team that pipped us .

Ha! My parents used to talk about that quite a lot.Don't think they ever mentioned it was the O's that pipped us though.:cricko:

We finished 8th in 1952/3 season. Leyton Orient were 14th.
We did come 3rd in 1950 on goal difference but that was Northampton who pipped us. I think if it had been 3 points for a win then we would have got 2nd spot.

Back