• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Technician

I am a little bit surprised about this one, but you have to admire the club for their efforts to try a create the right kind of atmosphere within Roots Hall... So, what are we going to have now? we've already got

Drums, Trumpets, Clackers, Air-Horns, Ghetto-Blasters, and now...

Kazoo's

OK, we might not get Ghetto-Blasters [although, we do have the bigger alternative!], Air-Horns are not strictly legal because they contain compressed air/gas/CFC's etc., but the point is, that if 150+ fans have kazoo's in the mouth's, they will not be singing... just making the worst kind of din!!!

I think I would sooner have the drums? but only just!

wow.gif

Not entirely true!

I've got a mate who's a Watford fan & I accompanied him to the Riverside for the last game of their Premiership season.  There were 4,000 mad Hornets all banging out The Great Escape on kazoo's.  A surreal experience but strangely compelling when you get past the comedy of it!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Technician @ Sep. 09 2004,09:32)]I am a little bit surprised about this one, but you have to admire the club for their efforts to try a create the right kind of atmosphere within Roots Hall... So, what are we going to have now? we've already got

Kazoo's

OK, we might not get Ghetto-Blasters [although, we do have the bigger alternative!], Air-Horns are not strictly legal because they contain compressed air/gas/CFC's etc., but the point is, that if 150+ fans have kazoo's in the mouth's, they will not be singing... just making the worst kind of din!!!

wow.gif
Ah! The STC and Train Crew used kazoo's at Rushden three years ago when we won 1-0 thanks to Damon Sergio. They made a racket but it was so much fun!

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ Sep. 09 2004,08:58)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Technician @ Sep. 09 2004,09:32)]I am a little bit surprised about this one, but you have to admire the club for their efforts to try a create the right kind of atmosphere within Roots Hall... So, what are we going to have now? we've already got

Kazoo's

wow.gif
Ah! The STC and Train Crew used kazoo's at Rushden three years ago when we won 1-0 thanks to Damon Sergio. They made a racket but it was so much fun!

WS
I would concede to that, if the user has musical talent!
rock.gif

The match always seems a bit better when I've had a puff on a kazoo beforehand. Great initiative from the Shrimpers hierarchy.

Am i the only one who thinks this is all a bit (actually a lot) naff! Atmosphere is generated by what is on the pitch. We've had some brilliant atmospheres at the hall over the years - sorry its not quite every game but to be honest we looked rather lethargic at the start which transfers into the stands!

Come on ...seems to me like the club is dammed if they do and dammed if they don't.

Its just a bit of fun and the more noise the better.

we should commend them for trying new things like this ....

bet your at that age where you think pop music is just a lot of bloody noise...ha ha ha
laugh.gif

Ok then old timer how old?.

God this is like Top trumps !!

Proper music with guitars...ha ha ha so your a Goth ! ! then...

Although fair call you are in deed younger than me (28) Bloody kids !

I'm more of a Funky Latino house person myself, maybe that’s why I’m not so culturally suppressed than you...I am prepared to embrace the kazoo.

Now if they were to hand out skulls and pentagrams...bet that would get you going!!!

(JOKES)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nnatt76 @ Sep. 09 2004,10:20)]Proper music with guitars...ha ha ha  so your a Goth ! ! then...

Although fair call you are in deed younger than me (28) Bloody kids !

I'm more of a Funky Latino house person myself, maybe that’s why I’m not so culturally suppressed than you...I am prepared to embrace the kazoo.

Now if they were to hand out skulls and pentagrams...bet that would get you going!!!

(JOKES)
Wouldn't quite say Goth. Oasis, Blur, Franz Ferdinand etc... Although the skulls would certainly be interesting!!
laugh.gif

I think this idea is pathetic and embarrasing to be honest.

It is suppose to be a bloody football match not a circus, we will be the laughing stock of the league with all this malarky going on.

What is wrong with a good old fashioned sing song with 10 pints of Stella and two manky cheeseburgers in your guts.

Humbug.

Dont these things make silly noises. It will be like being at the circus.

This has Scriven's fingerprints all over it!

Actually I think its one of the better ideas - provided that no kazoos are given out to anybody under 18 years of age.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Sep. 09 2004,12:10)]This has Scriven's fingerprints all over it!
I'm not blowing anything that's had Scriv's fingerprints all over it.

I'm with nnatt on this - the club are in a no-win situation.

Now if we were back in the North Bank .............................

We'd generate a great atmosphere and have a crap view of the game. (come to think of it without Kev starring in midfield that might not be a bad option this Saturday)
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Sep. 09 2004,12:10)]This has Scriven's fingerprints all over it!
Trust me it's not.

Although I did have to source 150 Kazoo's in Southend yesterday and that wasn't easy trust me.

Back