• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

This Season's review DVD

Reading Shrimper

First XI
Can't wait till we get this season's review DVD, no matter the outcome of Saturday it's been a memorable season with the trip to Upton Park, beating C********r again, and the LDV. And unlike last season's DVD, many of the matches will be wins with our unbeaten run! Just hope the quality of production is better this time around.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Reading Shrimper @ May 19 2005,16:56)]Can't wait till we get this season's review DVD, no matter the outcome of Saturday it's been a memorable season with the trip to Upton Park, beating C********r again, and the LDV. And unlike last season's DVD, many of the matches will be wins with our unbeaten run! Just hope the quality of production is better this time around.
I'm afraid I stopped watching last years DVD at the point where I discovered that the coverage of the Swansea away game didn't show all of the sendings off and didn't mention the fact that our 3rd goal was scored with only 8 men on the pitch. Having invited people to watch it as one of the most remarkable matches in our history that was a bit of a let down.

However I have every confidence that now DS is in charge that sort of thing won't happen this year.

Also would it be possible to have the DVD in chapters? Say monthly or bi-monthly? Makes finding what you are looking for a lot easier.

Never saw last season's DVD, however, perhaps we can get this season's out before or just after the new season?
rock.gif

Dave,

I presume work on the DVD has already started in anticipation of a quick release as soon as the season ends (which hopefully gives you an extra week and a bit!), but can you confirm whether the DVD will contain more footage than just the highlights available on BluesWorld?

Also, did you find it a natural step to make, progressing from being an award winning web-site designer to producing blues' movies?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]However I have every confidence that now DS is in charge that sort of thing won't happen this year.

Wasn't DS in charge of it last year though? Not having a dig or anything.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ May 19 2005,18:19)]Wasn't DS in charge of it last year though? Not having a dig or anything.
Scriv had a lot of problems with the suppliers/clubs sending footage etc last season, and was looking forward to bringing it in-house under his control.

ps You may be thinking of the film "Supersize me".

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ May 19 2005,18:03)]Also would it be possible to have the DVD in chapters? Say monthly or bi-monthly? Makes finding what you are looking for a lot easier.
Yep. Found it strange that a DVD didn't have chapter selections options, etc. It could have had league standings each month, etc ...

WS

This seasons DVD is being put together by Kevin Feasey and myself. It will be around three hours in total and will have every League, League Cup, FA Cup and LDV Vans Trophy match on it.

There will be extras including behind the scenes at the LDV Final with Adam Barrett, a stats section, regular League tables and out takes. The majority of the editing is done and we anticipate a release in early July.

As regards to last seasons DVD I just picked up the pieces when I came in and tried to salvage something.

If I remember correctly last years failed to show the heartache of all the penalty misses as well. Sorry to say but it was a very poor effort.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Reading Shrimper @ May 19 2005,16:56)]Can't wait till we get this season's review DVD, no matter the outcome of Saturday it's been a memorable season
Sorry but if we dont go up I couldnt buy the a DVD of the season that promised so much, but we ended with nothing. I would be like watching a car crash over and over
sad.gif

But thats not gonna happen so I look forward to making the purchase
biggrin.gif

looking forward to a lot more highlights in this review.

any chance of a performance by the Blue Belles in the Extras? thats bound to boost sales.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ May 21 2005,03:24)]looking forward to a lot more highlights in this review.

any chance of a performance by the Blue Belles in the Extras? thats bound to boost sales.
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif
How about "Dave's private Bluebelle review"?

Back