• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

This Season's Aims

Grayson

Life President⭐
I feel the majority of this board are wanting promotion again this season. I, for one, am not entirely bothered about going up. This season all I want is the stadium to get the go-ahead and us to build and improve as a side, finishing in a solid position. Let's face it, we won't last in the CCC next season if we go up, and so we'll just have another season of instability with regards to the squad. We would be better off building for a push for promotion next season with a new stadium very much on the horizon.

Why people are unhappy with 10th I'll never know. We've been spoilt in the past 3-4 years, and some people need to realise you don't get promoted every season. We are, after all, competing against 23 other sides - you can't win it all.

Lower your expectations, be pleased we have some talented players who, with a new stadium and fresh momentum, could get us into the CCC at a time where we'd have the facilities and means to sustain ourselves there. Until then, we just need to get behind T&B and enjoy watching the team we love.

I agree with everything you say there. It's fine to be ambitious (and our fans are in the light of the successes we've had under Sir Steve) but let's not forget that it's not our divine right to get promotion every year. We are a smallish club and the Championship is a massive leap up from what is a very poor League 1. Of course we want to aim high but I'd much rather launch a proper assault on the Championship when we are better equipped to stay there and for me, the stadium is the first step to achieving that.

Again I totally agree, a season or two of consilidation in League One will not do us any harm at all get the new ground and then push on!

I agree with everything you say there. It's fine to be ambitious (and our fans are in the light of the successes we've had under Sir Steve) but let's not forget that it's not our divine right to get promotion every year. We are a smallish club and the Championship is a massive leap up from what is a very poor League 1. Of course we want to aim high but I'd much rather launch a proper assault on the Championship when we are better equipped to stay there and for me, the stadium is the first step to achieving that.

In our very recent history we held the record for a club not finishing in the top half of any league - 10 years I think it was.

Looking at this season from the perspective of our entire history, or even my 25 years of support, we are achieving great success!

realistically i don't think we are good enough to get promoted this season. plus if we did i think we have a much weaker squad than last season.

i was really hoping for a play-off spot but by recent performances it doesn't look like the players want one. we looked clueless, gutless and showed no bottle yesterday. a huge well done to charlie mac without him yesterday we may aswell have walked off the pitch at half time.

Back