• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

This season's DVD will you buy it?

Csboy

Manager
I wonder if the club will be releasing a review of this season on DVD?
If they do I will certainly be buying it. Even though this season will almost certainly result in relegation this season has certainly had its moments. We had our first ever major 1/4 Final and victories over Birmingham, Sunderland, Preston and Southampton plus the 5-0 win agiainst QPR.

The club will have to reduce the price of the DVD from last season. There is noway they can justify charging £20. A price of £12 would be fair.
Just hope they don't call the DVD 'Season 2006-7 Review destination League One'.

Given that last season's DVD came out around Christmas time, I had to entertain myself with the 04/05 season and I was dismayed to hear the opening soundbyte of the menu was "League One beckons for Southend United" - it made me very depressed.

i highly doubt there will be a dvd, if we stay up then there certainly will but the odds of that happening are slim. if we do stay up the dvd should be called destination premiership.

Considering I haven't actually bought the last two seasons DVDs, there is a slim chance of me buying one this season IF the club releases one. I think that will only happen if we stay up btw.

i highly doubt there will be a dvd, if we stay up then there certainly will but the odds of that happening are slim. if we do stay up the dvd should be called destination premiership.

How about a VHS or Betamax edition ??

I'd certainly buy one. I bought the video's of the relegation seasons last time round. Always good to watch some great goals back.

I think it's shame that the Club don't release a DVD every year no matter where we finish. There's always a few highlights that you want to watch again and again and you can always fast forward the rest.

I think it's shame that the Club don't release a DVD every yearQUOTE]

Agreed. A lot of clubs do this and no matter what happens, I'll want to look back on the season in years to come. Plus we can start building up a library of season reviews (will be great to look back on when Roots Hall is no more).

Agreed. A lot of clubs do this and no matter what happens, I'll want to look back on the season in years to come. Plus we can start building up a library of season reviews (will be great to look back on when Roots Hall is no more).

It IS a shame, but it's our fault as much as the Club's. Remember that year when the Club asked how many fans would want an End of Season video and they got less than 50 positive response? They won't make it at a loss and plenty of people won't buy it if it's been a bad season.

We are planning on doing a DVD, but the promised influx of fans wanting the end of season DVD re-run has failed to materalise so far - we've sold about 50!!!

We are planning on doing a DVD, but the promised influx of fans wanting the end of season DVD re-run has failed to materalise so far - we've sold about 50!!!

I bought one!And very good too may i add.Certainly cheered me up.Oh,btw,didn't Bradbury look quick and Freddy seemed to chase everything and make awesome runs!Sodge and Barrett together in the middle,-unbeatable.What a team.What a season.
WHAT A DISTANT MEMORY! :cry:

They forgot to put 3d glasses and put rose tinted ones in yours ?

Im a fan of both players, but Bradbury has never been quick and Freddy has never chased everything!

Sorry JM my keyboard's wonky again.Meant Bradbury looked quicker and Fred chased some things. ;)

I bought my two as promised. Even got a copy of the Man Utd game which I wouldn't have bought had last season's highlights not been rereleased.

However if the DVD had been released nearer the beginning of the season I'm sure you would have sold alot more copies......

Back