• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

This weekend could make or break us

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
We have continually talked about relegation and 6 pointers etc but for me the next few days are it.

Win Saturday and col u lose then I will start to believe that the seemingly impossible can be possible.

Lose Saturday and col win then its almost impossible, even if we were to win Tuesday.

If the former happens on Saturday the col u game heaps so much pressure on them.

If the latter happens then they will be far more likely to play with less fear.

Exeter is a big ask but not impossible.

It's never dull following the blues.

Last edited:
Its now or never....
(Cue elvis puns)

Wont be able to watch this unfortunately due to the moved kick off time....

But will be keeping everything crossed.

A lot of people on CP's Facebook page harping on about the Col U game. I've said that I don't think it will matter much if Col U win and we lose this weekend. Whilst it will still be mathematically possible if that happens, and we have the easier 3 final games on paper, it might be too much of a psychological blow to overcome. We shouldn't be looking beyond tomorrow.

A Col ewe loss tomorrow and a win at Exeter and we'll all be very happy,but a draw would be acceptable.
A draw would have been even more acceptable if we had got the three points last Saturday. That's why I saw our failure to win as a pivotal moment in our survival fight. We've now given ourselves a mountain to climb..................................what are mountains there for?:Smile::Winking:

The thing about League Two is the inconsistency.
Teams are world beaters one week and cack the next.
Cambridge, Newport, FGR, Bolton (until we gifted them a goal) Morecambe, were anything but dominant in games against them since the turn of the year.
This is an average league, and not a lot guaranteed except the onset of ulcers for all of us.
You can see why the condemned give up the appeals process under the pressure.

I think we will have a much better idea one way or the other after Tuesday. Best case we could be out of the relegation zone or worst case we could actually be relegated.

We need a minimum of a point at Exeter.

A draw would have been even more acceptable if we had got the three points last Saturday. That's why I saw our failure to win as a pivotal moment in our survival fight. We've now given ourselves a mountain to climb..................................what are mountains there for?:Smile::Winking:
Not sure there's any mountains at St James park yogi.

We both lose tomorrow still can't see Tuesday being the defining game as more likely draw then as well ,I just think orient will be the game

Your last point is starting to really resonate "Never dull following the blues". In a morbid kind of way I am trying to just enjoy the madness and accept what will be, will be.

But of course I am completely lying. Come 12.00 tomorrow I will be ****ting myself googling netball rules so I can change sports.

Netball is a good choice.

I disagree. What ever happens this weekend good or bad then it will be Tuesday defeat that ends us.

Anyway non league football could be sexy for away days. New grounds, new food, new banter, new sexy times.

I disagree. What ever happens this weekend good or bad then it will be Tuesday defeat that ends us.

Anyway non league football could be sexy for away days. New grounds, new food, new banter, new sexy times.

Get to meet the Wealdstone Raiders, we could bring over 2k to Wealdstone and chant “we have more fans than you, Raiders, do you want some? We give it to ya!”

Looking at Conference clubs, there are 10 clubs either inside M25 or outside, as I think there it’s an potential to for us to bring over 2k away fans, effectively make their stadium like our home games, if we started well.

Has Dorking/Dartford come up, we would have more locals side in M25 to face.

Looking at Conference clubs, there are 10 clubs either inside M25 or outside, as I think there it’s an potential to for us to bring over 2k away fans, effectively make their stadium like our home games, if we started well.

Has Dorking/Dartford come up, we would have more locals side in M25 to face.

Oh, the joys of being a non-league club?

Back