• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Napster

No ⭐
1. Who was our first ever goalkeeper?
2. Who has the best games/goals conceded ratio (post 1945) (Keeper must have made more than 30 appearances)
3. We used 11 different keepers in the 1980s, name them all
4. Of the best games/goals conceded top list, who is a surprise at number 4?
5. And who is bottom? (more than 30 games, remember)
6. We have had 5 goalkeepers who have been capped (before/during/after their time here) (in my reckoning)- name them
7. Which of them went to the World Cup in 1958?
8. Which goalkeeper in the 1950s had a TV actor son?
9. Who played more games? Sansome/Cawston/Royce/Flahavan?
10. Of these 4, who had the better games/goals conceded ratio when they played?
11. Which goalkeeper has made the most appearances (post 1945)
12. An easy one - which goalkeeper trained with Buffon at Parma?
13. Which goalkeeper was once featured on the What Happened Next feature on Question of Sport?

2 Did Burridge play 30 games?
3 Cawston, Stannard, Steele, Sansome, Newell, Lloyd?
4. Royce? Not sure that's a surprise considering the defence he had and the level he played at though.
6. McKenzie, Scannell, Southall, Margetson, Bramble
7. McKenzie
8. Scannell (was in the Bill)
9. Flahavan
10. Cawston
11. Flahavan
12. Bart
13. Capelton

6. Ted Smith, Kelvin Jack, Neville Southall... don't know the rest!

2 Did Burridge play 30 games?
3 Cawston, Stannard, Steele, Sansome, Newell, Lloyd?
4. Royce? Not sure that's a surprise considering the defence he had and the level he played at though.
6. McKenzie, Scannell, Southall, Margetson, Bramble
7. McKenzie
8. Scannell (was in the Bill)
9. Flahavan
10. Cawston
11. Flahavan
12. Bart
13. Capelton

8 and 10 is correct

Peter Taylor was one of the keepers.

I named Brian Lloyd as an answer for a different question but he was capped as well.

I;m not having Peter Taylor or Tes Bloody Bramble as they weren't keepers for their country.

You should have worded the question differently then. I have no sympathy for sloppy drafting.

Also, they were pretty inspired answers.

Otherwise good quiz again. I like this feature:thumbsup:

Back