• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

This year's Flu jab.

RHB

I'm a Gnu, how do you do!⭐⭐
Staff member
Me and her got stabbed on Monday. Initially the normal aching arm but it was soon followed up with aching limbs and lethargy. No doubt I will be told it's purely coincidental but we didn't feel that way before the jab. Even so, we've had it and we're done for another year so thank you my Doctor's surgery.

Good for you for the uptake.
I have spent the last 3 days administering it and I went to bed last night dreaming of arms and needles lol.

I cannot emphasis enough the importance of Flu vacs this year.
I had mine yesterday as I work with vulnerable people.
Also I have learnt that if and when a COVID vaccine comes into play you have to have a four week gap between having the flu jab and receiving the COVID vaccine

Never had a Flu jab before, but booked one at 'Boots' in Hadleigh Mon week for £13.99.
Could have got it free from GP, but when i phoned was 14th in queue. So by the time i'd got through (?), possibly the call would have cost me that!.

Reactions: RHB
Never had a Flu jab before, but booked one at 'Boots' in Hadleigh Mon week for £13.99.
Could have got it free from GP, but when i phoned was 14th in queue. So by the time i'd got through (?), possibly the call would have cost me that!.
Most GP surgeries are running extra clinics this year including some evenings and weekends to accommodate people so might be worth trying to call back or if you have online facilities you could try that

I know the so called scientists change their minds every 5 minutes, depending on who's funding their research. About 20 years ago I read that after about 100 colds/flue you become immune to them.

From personal experience doing a job where you work outside for the winter makes me almost immune but inside with heating etc meant anything up to 4/5 in a season.

Last edited:
Good for you for the uptake.
I have spent the last 3 days administering it and I went to bed last night dreaming of arms and needles lol.

I cannot emphasis enough the importance of Flu vacs this year.
I had mine yesterday as I work with vulnerable people.
Also I have learnt that if and when a COVID vaccine comes into play you have to have a four week gap between having the flu jab and receiving the COVID vaccine
completely agree, it's more important than ever that people get the flu jab. I managed to get mine last week.

Reactions: RHB
Never had a flu jab in my life before, not a sickly person, so never felt any need to. Is this something this year that I should expect to be called for?

Never had a flu jab in my life before, not a sickly person, so never felt any need to. Is this something this year that I should expect to be called for?
This is what the NHS have to say on it:

The flu vaccine is given to people who:

• are 65 and over (including those who'll be 65 by 31 March 2021)
  • have certain health conditions
  • are pregnant
  • are in a long-stay residential care
  • receive a carer's allowance, or are the main carer for an older or disabled person who may be at risk if you get sick
  • live with someone who's at high risk from coronavirus (on the NHS shielded patient list)
  • frontline health or social care workers

Advice for people aged 50 to 64
If you're aged 50 to 64 and have a health condition that means you're more at risk from flu, you should get your flu vaccine as soon as possible.
Other 50- to 64-year-olds should be contacted about a flu vaccine later in the year.

Kay, as Mr RHB says above.
There is a particular push this year given COVID.
We are giving the Vacs to all those groups above as a priority however, the government are now suggesting that once the most vulnerable groups have been given they would like to open it up to 50-64yr groups but, we are anticipating this is most likely to be around the end of Oct time.
Are you asking if it would be wise to get it this year? My answer as a professional would be yes most definitely

France want to make the flu jab compulsory to all healthcare workers
I agree with the intent but enforcing could be difficult as I know several colleagues refuse point blank to have it

Had mine at Pall Mall surgery on Saturday. Took about 3 minutes from arriving at the door (in short sleeved shirt), temperature taken by pointing something at your forehead, hands sanitised and then injection given, exiting out of a side door, all one way Really very impressive.

Had mine at Pall Mall surgery on Saturday. Took about 3 minutes from arriving at the door (in short sleeved shirt), temperature taken by pointing something at your forehead, hands sanitised and then injection given, exiting out of a side door, all one way Really very impressive.
There's never been a quicker way to get a prick.:Winking:

France want to make the flu jab compulsory to all healthcare workers

My wife (who is French) but not a heathcare worker,merely a retired teacher, is threatening to go to France to have the flu jab done there if they're the least bit slow to act here in Spain this year.
Booked in for end of October. Can't wait ☹

It's usually done in October here.Know what you mean.But can't say I'm too bothered myself.

Back