• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Thisisessex

rabbloke

Coach
Is it me or is there a singular lack of reporting on the Thisisessex site for the Blues. I did not even see a report of the Rushden game. Could it be they are giving preference to Col U.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rabbloke @ Sep. 09 2004,12:18)]Is it me or is there a singular lack of reporting on the Thisisessex site for the Blues. I did not even see a report of the Rushden game. Could it be they are giving preference to Col U.
Who gives a cr*p! there's only two sites that really matter... the official site and this one!

Can we really trust anyone else to come up with the right information... FFS, even the press association don't have the first firkin clue what they are talking about! if they get it wrong, we very quickly have the domino effect and then you have out and out confusion!

I'll keep my faith in the Official Site and "the Zone!"
tounge.gif
cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Technician @ Sep. 09 2004,13:24)]Who gives a cr*p! there's only two sites that really matter... the official site and this one!

tounge.gif

cool.gif
Sorry Technician,

But there are three including The Little Gazette.
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prophet of Doom! @ Sep. 09 2004,12:55)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Technician @ Sep. 09 2004,13:24)]Who gives a cr*p! there's only two sites that really matter... the official site and this one!

tounge.gif

cool.gif
Sorry Technician,

biggrin.gif
I stand corrected! how could I possibly forget...
wink.gif

"This is Essex" can only draw on the material with which its respective contributors, The Evening Gazette and The Evening Echo provide it.

I think that probably explains why the coverage of Southend Utd. is crap.

rock.gif

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (canada shrimper @ Sep. 09 2004,16:44)]I wrote to them yesterday asking why the sports page hadn't been updated since friday.I am awaiting a reply.
Indeed, the last 2 SUFC related stories were Darryl discussing his future with Tilly, and Bramble- ' I wanna score goals, starting this Saturday at Rushden'
rock.gif
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Technician @ Sep. 09 2004,13:24)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (rabbloke @ Sep. 09 2004,12:18)]Is it me or is there a singular lack of reporting on the Thisisessex site for the Blues. I did not even see a report of the Rushden game. Could it be they are giving preference to Col U.
Who gives a cr*p! there's only two sites that really matter... the official site and this one!

Can we really trust anyone else to come up with the right information... FFS, even the press association don't have the first firkin clue what they are talking about! if they get it wrong, we very quickly have the domino effect and then you have out and out confusion!

tounge.gif

cool.gif
Though I understand your loyalty to the two main sites, if you are loyal to the Blues you will want exposure for the team where ever and whenever possible. Your churlish response is childish to say the very least and I will welcome the lifting of SUFC's profile from any quarter in the hope it may attract more real fans. Also, the language you choose for your reply is irresponsible. The Blues are a family club and you need to pop down the road to Milwall along with your ilk. An on line apology would be a good start for you.

In techy's defence, his post was tongue in cheek, as evidenced with the use of emoticons.

The 'language' he used was no more explicit than many other posts on this site and no swear words were presented in their entire form, as is generally accepted here.

I'm sure we all agree with your sentiments that SUFC needs to be publicised as far and wide as possible.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prophet of Doom! @ Sep. 09 2004,13:55)]
[b said:

tounge.gif

cool.gif
Sorry Technician,

biggrin.gif
I would visit the little gazette but to be honest people that go to too many reserve games scare me.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ Sep. 09 2004,17:41)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prophet of Doom! @ Sep. 09 2004,13:55)]
[b said:

tounge.gif

cool.gif
Sorry Technician,

biggrin.gif
I would visit the little gazette but to be honest people that go to too many reserve games scare me.
Agreed, and I bet these people also went to Swansea in the LDV last year. Clearly not people we should associate ourselves with.
cool.gif

I have to laugh,the site has still not been updated since friday,yet in the middle of the page it says last updated monday,what a crock of sh*t.
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rabbloke @ Sep. 09 2004,16:17)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Technician @ Sep. 09 2004,13:24)]
[b said:

tounge.gif

cool.gif
Though I understand your loyalty to the two main sites, if you are loyal to the Blues you will want exposure for the team where ever and whenever possible. Your churlish response is childish to say the very least and I will welcome the lifting of SUFC's profile from any quarter in the hope it may attract more real fans. Also, the language you choose for your reply is irresponsible. The Blues are a family club and you need to pop down the road to Milwall along with your ilk. An on line apology would be a good start for you.
I was responding to the mis-information [or lack of] on other sites, NOT the fact that we are a relatively small club in a big fish pond and whilst I agree that we need to spread the word, what sort of word do you want to spread RABBLOKE?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?

As for an apology... you start!
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Sep. 09 2004,16:39)]In techy's defence, his post was tongue in cheek, as evidenced with the use of emoticons.

The 'language' he used was no more explicit than many other posts on this site and no swear words were presented in their entire form, as is generally accepted here.

I'm sure we all agree with your sentiments that SUFC needs to be publicised as far and wide as possible.
Thanks Mark... it was NOT the point I was trying to make, but then this is a forum and you have to take the rough with the smooth!

Peace and tranquility!
wink.gif

I got an e-mail from someone from 'thisisessex' today and was told that they are completely changing the way they imput news stories and normal service will be resumed shortly.

Quite why it means our stories don't get put up while others do, I don't know?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ Sep. 10 2004,11:35)]Quite why it means our stories don't get put up while others do, I don't know?
P'raps for once it is the Echo that is at the forefront of this new technology, and they solely will be inputting into a better system, leaving the Colchester Evening Gazette trailing in it's wake. Or then again, p'raps not.

rock.gif

Back