• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who have we even got in defence then?

A massive risk rushing Coker back, Demetriou, Timlin, O'Neill, Matsuzaka, Kyprianou? If only we had another reliable centre back...

Ohhh s***... Millwall looking strong again. Could be us done with 2 big games in 4 days

Stick Nouble at centre-half. He was fantastic at preventing any goals from being scored last time out.

Who'd have thought that only having 3 centre backs and 1 left back could leave us in a tricky situation towards the end of the season.

Actually we could qualify for an emergency loan....... if they are as good as Walton has proven to be then it would be OK.

Just as well we're playing Chesterfield who've scored fewer goals than all but two of the teams in League One. If we put all our forwards on the Spireites won't have time to make any attacks.

'TokyoBlue', who didn't pick any defenders in that pre-match poll, definitely knows things! :winking:

Oh poop - if all the doubtful players are unavailable then the worst case scenario team (below) will mean that Walton will be VERY busy. Whereas the best case scenario (ex Coker who appears as definitely out) looks pretty good.
Worst Case Scenario
Walton
Demetriou Matsuzaka O’Neil Timlin
McGlashan Wordsworth Atkinson McLaughlin
Cox Fortune
Subs
Amos, Bridge, Kyprianou, Mooney, Bexon, Nouble, Robinson
Best Case Scenario
Walton
Demetriou Ferdinand Thompson White
Atkinson Wordsworth Timlin McLaughlin
Cox Ranger
Subs
Amos, Bridge, O’Neil, Fortune, Bexon, McGlashan, Robinson

Worst Case Scenario
Walton
Demetriou Matsuzaka O’Neil Timlin
McGlashan Wordsworth Atkinson McLaughlin
Cox Fortune
Subs
Amos, Bridge, Kyprianou, Mooney, Bexon, Nouble, Robinson
Actually, that's not so bad, but all 11 will need to play out of their skin. Make Tims captain I reckon.

Might be a good game to give Matsazuka a start. (I apologise to him if I've spelt his name wrong!)

Might be a good game to give Matsazuka a start. (I apologise to him if I've spelt his name wrong!)

I agree, these players need to get a chance sooner or later... Bridge hasn't been selected since January, I'm starting to think the only reason Amos was brought in on loan was so Brown has a covering midfielder to pick instead of him.

Brown has been wearing a tracksuit of late, next step is shorts and a pair of boots. Get in that back line you beautiful orange!

Ideally his first start would be alongside a regular centre half - if Thompson, Ferdinand and White are all missing then he would really have to step up to the plate!

Back