• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Kevin Hogg

President
Special goals...for whatever reason!!??

I will start with the obvious..Benjy at Bury...and continue with.

19th March 1977...away to Col U. They put us under pressure, a chorus of "yellows, yellows" powers across Layer Road for some minutes. We break away and score. Cue mayhem!!!

1975, two down at home to top division QPR in FA Cup 3rd round.. Over 18,000 at The Hall and what a fightback. Dave Elliott certainly and possibly Dave Cunningham pull us level...err cue mayhem!

Your magic moments?

Loads,

1: Brett Angells against West Ham.
2: That ***** french player's last minute one against Gillingham.
3: Brambles against Hartlepool in the cup.
4: Leon Cort ditto......
5: Fredy Eastwood vs Man U.

Was too young for Bury away but Ian Benjamis must be up there for alot of older supporters.

Peter Johnson's screamer at Colchester in a 2-1 victory in the late 80's (?). Also Peter Daley's for the goal and the celebration when we fought back and won there a few years later.

Benno against the Gills at Gillingham
Freddy at Swansea
Juppy at the MilStad
Donut against Shilton...
oh and Sussex v Luton.

Special goals...for whatever reason!!??

I will start with the obvious..Benjy at Bury...and continue with.

19th March 1977...away to Col U. They put us under pressure, a chorus of "yellows, yellows" powers across Layer Road for some minutes. We break away and score. Cue mayhem!!!

1975, two down at home to top division QPR in FA Cup 3rd round.. Over 18,000 at The Hall and what a fightback. Dave Elliott certainly and possibly Dave Cunningham pull us level...err cue mayhem!

Your magic moments?

Benjy's goal was a very special moment as was cadettes at Stockport,especially with all those Wolves ******s willing us to lose in Stockports main stand.

David Crown goals against wigan late 80's
Bramble against Chesterfield away fa cup
Mc Donut overhead against Blackpool 80's i ran on the pitch to celebrate :dim:

The three (plus a couple disallowed) that we put past Judas on New Year's Day.

I'll also mention Brett Angell v W*** H** again. Glorious.

How about the last three against Newport County in a fantastic comeback in the final minutes. 1-2 to 4-2 in the 77/78 promotion season!!!

Juppy at Cardiff .. sorry Fred but Juppys goal was the moment we KNEW we were up ad i've rarely know such an outpouring of emotion as that moment .. Fred v Man U obviously is a high. as are both his goals at Swansea ..

BUT PICK ONE ??

Wayne Gray v Bristol City though is possibly the one single moment i'll never forget

Two for me that really stand out. Gower's strike against Bristol Rovers in the LDV, 2003, and Warrens against Swansea the same year.

Gower's was just a fantastic goal, whereas with Warrens it was the fact we'd scored just after going down to eight men. In the great scheme of things neither were major goals, but they were definitely highlights during a very poor period of our history

Two for me that really stand out. Gower's strike against Bristol Rovers in the LDV, 2003, and Warrens against Swansea the same year.

Gower's was just a fantastic goal, whereas with Warrens it was the fact we'd scored just after going down to eight men. In the great scheme of things neither were major goals, but they were definitely highlights during a very poor period of our history

Neither goal mattered that much though did it ??

As I said, in the great scheme of things they were fairly unimportant, but when you look at the context of when they were scored, they gave us as fans a much needed lift.

Yeah and to be honest we're possibly arguing the same point, rarely in my 34 years has a player divided opinion such as Bilel has, as likely as to win a game as lose it .. who'd be a manager ???

Amazed no one has mentioned Stanley Victor Collymore's second against Bristol Rovers back in 1993 to give us the lifeline to stay up; he scored two that day but the second was among the best goals I've ever seen anywhere.

The first he collected the ball with his back to goal, then turned around a defender and buried it inside the near post: true finishers goal.

The second was pace and power personified, shrugged off a challenge on the half-way line and set off towards the goal in front of the North Bank, turned another defender, dropped a shoulder to wrong foot another and smacking it into the back of the net from 25 yards on the run without breaking stride - cue mayhem on the Bank. :Worthy:

The buzz I got every time Stan the Man was on the ball has never been repeated and I don't think it ever will, every time he got the ball half the crowd was on its feet expecting something special was going to happen, mostly they weren't disappointed. :thumbsup:

A goal that meant barely anything but: Gower's goal to equalise against Norwich in 06 i think he made it 3-3 in the last minute, had loads of mates down for that game went home buzzing with excitement :D it felt like a win

Goals that may not have meantanything or even been that good , but stick in my memory for one reason or another

Peter Taylor vs Brentford, I had only been watching the Blues for a few years and this youngster popped up and scored probably the best goal I had seen live at that point

Standing on the north Bank at Upton park with a load of mates, who were none to impressed with haveing to "look after" their mate going bonkers after Ronnie Pountney popped up and grabbed the first goal of the game

Freddys third at Bristol City

Obviously there are the ones previously mention, St Angells day etc

All excellent..because you remember them and enjoy the memory!
How about BOTH goals at Layer Road in the Area Final/Semi Final of LDV?? I could only get a ticket for the Col U end behind the goal. What fantastic moment when we scored up the end I was sitting ..in the second row to the right of the post. With a Final at The Millenium at stake...an amazing feeling.
Was fantastic to see the goals on About Anglia and watch myself going ballistic while all around me was silent or abusive!!
A wonderful win!

Back