• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Those going to Ipswich - I beg you.

DTS

The Business
Last few away games the atmosphre has been superb.

I really think we can be the 12th man....Especially as we are away and the bulk of us are probably people that want to get behind the lads.

Lets be loud and proud Saturday. At Sheff Wed I beleive even Ldn Fatso sang once and he has the worst voice going so dont care what you sound like.

I am ****ed if I want to go back to watching us at Donny and Milton Keynes again.

Come on you Shrimpers.

:guns:

I dispute that!

my voice is far worse than Ldn Fatso and I've got absolutely no co ordination when clapping, but I'll be doing my bit on Sturday.

i'll do my bit. well up for this one. theres going to be a large amount of us so should be able to get a good noise going

We need to get some chant going for ages. At weds we managed to get ring of fire for about 20 mins non stop which lead to Fred's goal.

We need to get some chant going for ages. At weds we managed to get ring of fire for about 20 mins non stop which lead to Fred's goal.

Yep there are over 2000 of us going on Saturday, Your team needs you!! Sing until you cannot sing anymore and then just croak very loudly. Its actually that important.

Jeffers scored last night, thats his lot for the season. Out of interest does anybody know where Matt jansen is at the moment? Last i heard he was at bolton but they released him in the summer. Jeffers and Jansen are the biggest wastes of talent i've seen for a while, although in Jansen's case it wasn't really his fault. As for the singing, it's going to be amazing! Luton was a bit special, Blue army for the entire second half!!!

You might even have the pleasure of hearing me sing again Dave at Ipswich!!!

You are corrrect however about my singing, it is sh!te, but i didn't hear you shutting me up. Perhaps that was because the Yorkshire lads at Sheff Wed made me sound better!

Hull were woeful the other night, don't be too shocked by that scoreline.

These two games coming up are both very winnable and, as I pointed out to the holder of my long-running Southend-Burnley bet, we could be three points behind them if we win both.

Another plus is that our goal difference is getting better relative to those around us so even this could be key come the end of the season.

Let's go and win 5-2 :D

Luton was a bit special, Blue army for the entire second half!!!

I can't make the Ipswich game but was there at Luton and it was a fantastic atmosphere although I could hardly speak for a week.

As DtS says, it can make all the difference so sing your hearts out for the lads. I will be there via BBC Essex singing along with you.;)

I was very impressed by the atmosphere at stoke and am looking forward to the ipswich game. Could anybody shed some light on which pub to go to before hand as I understand the traditional away pub by the ground (the drum and monkey) no longer exists.

'Ring of fire' must have gone on for half hour at sheffield. This may have been because the stewards let you sit where you wanted, and all the 'singers' were together and they were quite happy to let us stand up if you wanted to. Cant imagine that being allowed on saturday!.

yea, sheffield had a brilliant atmosphere because we had quite a few spare seats and everyone was allowed to go to the back if they wanted, the chanting went on all game and we made a mockery of the home support

Hi guys,

I'm reallllly looking forward to this one.....I moved to Ipswich around 10 years ago & have been waiting for this one ever since!

Years ago I used to go home & away but it's been a long time & I normally have to make do with listening to the games on the computer.

The tractor boys think they have this one in the bag, but I believe we have a real chance, & obviously if we can create a good atmosphere it will help. Sadly they stick us up in one of the corners at the opposite end from their north stand which doesn't help with crowd banter, but then the Town fans don't tend to do a great deal of singing anyway, & when they do it's normally just whining about Norwich.

With regards to pubs, it's not the greatest but the Punch & Judy on Cardinal Park is close to the ground & they normally let away fans in.

yea, sheffield had a brilliant atmosphere because we had quite a few spare seats and everyone was allowed to go to the back if they wanted, the chanting went on all game and we made a mockery of the home support

Very true :D

We must carry on using 'Ring of fire' chant, its a song to us like 'Blue Moon' to Man City fans. Its seem to get Southend players going, look at our improved away performace expect Sunderland.

Back