• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Those office workers...

southend4ever

I used to play a little.
What do you have for lunch everyday?

Mine as standard is Jacket cheese and beans. - £1.90 from work.
Then we have a little meal deal place which is baguette crisps and can of drink for 2.75.
or I go for the tesco £2 meal deal.

This is often not enough and is shortly followed by a chocolate bar.

My local Fuzzy's Grub is really not very good - I can't believe it!!

What is your standard lunch? Are we missing a trick?

Take in home made ham salad sandwich on Rye Bread. Have water from the water cooler. I also have an apple and a banana.

Trying to be healthy is boring.

Last edited:
Meat Feast baguette from Asda and a bag of salt n'vinegar Discos, plus a 'nana.

Meat Feast baguette from Asda.
:stunned: That is disappointing from a gastro as you, i was expecting you of all people to be bringing your own food in.
:nope:
And I hope the animals used in the making of this treat were reared to at least RSPCA Freedom Food standard, however being that conglomorate WalMart sorry Asda I doubt it. :soapbox:

I myself have been enjoying Waitrose Soft Cheese on Dark Ryvita with a M&S salad pot.

I just do not know why but I love Ryvita.

Just had Crispy Shredded Beef, BBQ pork and Sweet and Sour chicken from the new take-away chinese that's opened up just off Bishopsgate. £4.99 for that lot plus oodles of rice. Good value.

Just had Crispy Shredded Beef, BBQ pork and Sweet and Sour chicken from the new take-away chinese that's opened up just off Bishopsgate. £4.99 for that lot plus oodles of rice. Good value.

That sounds fantastic.

My office operates a 'no hot food policy' which is extremely annoying. Heaven forbid we should upset clients with the smell of food in the work place.

Bunch of ******s!

Home made ham and pickle sandwiches, nice and spicy nik naks, and a not quite ripe enough banana.

hot roast pork with apple sauce, crackling and stuffing in a large breadcake.

superb

Two sandwiches, chicken breast on Hovis Seed Sensations bread topped with salad cream and salad. Plus a pear and an apple & grape snack pack.

I pine for the pre-credit crunch days when it used to be off to Coopers in Tindal St, Chelmsford (the best sandwich shop in the world) for a Coronation Chicken monster which took the word doorstop to a whole new level.

Chicken and Sweetcorn sangers normally do it for me. Make my own lunches, amazing how making the same thing from home costs half the price and I've discovered I make mine better and more tasty.

Chicken and Sweetcorn sangers normally do it for me. Make my own lunches, amazing how making the same thing from home costs half the price and I've discovered I make mine better and more tasty.

I prefer spending the extra 5 minutes in bed.

We have a tesco extra literally the other side of the road.
Today was a chicken and bacon Pasta

I tried Tesco's Southern Fried chicken pasta today for £2. I rate it at 4/10. Can't taste southern fried. Way too much mayonnaise.

Back