• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I know my dad is waiting for a cheque as he paid for he season ticket early before price change... there could be a lot of people taking the club to the small claims court!

...so am I, but dont hold out much hope.........but I reckon they will try and charge up our purchasing cards!

Why the **** dont the club come out and say something. Any news bad or good would be greatly received. This silence is killing me.

Also am i the only one thinking that administration would be a good thing as ron would lose control of the club and allow say the consortiumn or another buyer to come in rescue the club and say pay 10p in the £ against all debts. Or have i got that wrong?

Im not really concernd yet ,I still think its a tad early to start panicking? we are halfway through june for gods sake
I think early july before anything starts to happen,I live in hope that it will be sorted out

Some clubs have already signed like 8-9 players. Given that we are likely to need atleast 10 players i am worried be it june or not

The season ticket money has clearly been used to pay the final obligations from last season (just as it appears that a lot of 09/10's money was spent towards the end of 08/09).

What about the monies owed to the PFA so that the transfer imbargo is lifted or the 60K owed to the Shrimperstrust?.:unsure:

Also am i the only one thinking that administration would be a good thing as ron would lose control of the club and allow say the consortiumn or another buyer to come in rescue the club and say pay 10p in the £ against all debts. Or have i got that wrong?

Ron might lose control of the Club but as the party who most of our debt is to he'd be in a strong position - essentially the Administrators would need to run the business in line with Ron Martin's interests as our major creditor.

Even if someone did come in and buy the Club it wouldn't change the underlying problem (no cash) unless they had several million they were happy to write off just to get us through next season. Add to that the complication that they wouldn't own Roots Hall, which is owned by a Company who has agreed to sell it to Sainsburys. Presuming the new owners don't come to an agreement with Ron Martin over Roots Hall or Fossetts Farm then the best case is that RH Ltd start charging us the £400k per year rent that we don't currently pay, the worst case is that they increase it to a level where we can't pay it and have no option but to vacate.

The whole thing is a nightmare.

What about the monies owed to the PFA so that the transfer imbargo is lifted or the 60K owed to the Shrimperstrust?.:unsure:

I guess the PFA and the Trust had better hope that Simon Francis, Nicky Bailey and Gary Hooper move soon.

Agreed Beefy, all the eggs sitting in one basket whilst SUFC remain skint and falling deeper into debt as I type these words is a horror scenario which is difficult to see anyway out of.

I still very much doubt any of the so called stars will get offered any other club with their current wages.

I guess the PFA and the Trust had better hope that Simon Francis, Nicky Bailey and Gary Hooper move soon.

That would appear to be the only way we would get any money in until the sponsorship for next season arrives, and the odd bit of cash from non-seasos when the season starts.

Why the **** dont the club come out and say something. Any news bad or good would be greatly received. This silence is killing me.

I think the Conference have the right idea. They stipulate that clubs going into administration have to pay 100% of the debts owed to all creditors or they are kicked out of the league.

Until 2010 the clubs only had the time they went into administration until the end of that season to pay. From next season, though, they will have up to 3 seasons to pay it all.

The Conference's view was that often most of the creditors were small local companies, where even a little unpaid debt could break them if not settled in full, and that clubs living beyond their means and then repaying only a small amount back was a form of cheating.

I'd love to see that ruling brought into effect for PL and FL clubs too.

That would appear to be the only way we would get any money in until the sponsorship for next season arrives, and the odd bit of cash from non-seasos when the season starts.

Yep. And a lot of that appears to already be allocated to the Trust and the PFA but we'll need a lot more just to tread water this season. It doesn't matter how much we cut the wagebill if we continue to have nothing in the bank account.

Getting on site at Fossetts Farm would be a game-changing situation. Straight away we'd be a worthy investment again. Until then you'd need to have far more money than sense to put any money into this business.

i dont get on here much, living in devon. my thoughts for next season are for all of you to have a succesfull season, free from the worry of winding up orders and unpaid players. you supporters who go every week and pay your money, give your time and support deserve far more in return from the club. you pay their wages and keep them in a luxury life style and as far as i can see the club(not the players) give you nothing except worry and dissapointment. its about time those in charge either get their arses in gear or find another job. good luck, ill be supporting the blues at torquay next season

im looking forward to next season.. no matter what.. lets face it, its pretty much the norm for the shrimpers

You're all talking bollocks!

We're on an upward spiral & everything in the garden is rosy! (The flowers were bought by & looked after by my gardener paid with all you mugs who bought the new Wet Spam wannabe shirt & STH!)

Despite all our troubles, I'm looking forward to this season :|

Now thats the style, am I the only one who feels a surge of excitement at Accrington Stanley away in February, and the bracing walks along Morecambe bay in March.Come on folks where's your sense of adventure?

Now thats the style, am I the only one who feels a surge of excitement at Accrington Stanley away in February, and the bracing walks along Morecambe bay in March.Come on folks where's your sense of adventure?

The new ground is a fair distance from the seafront. Also we will have to make sure Cockles doesn't go, as it might be dangerous fro the rest of us!!

Back