• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Magnum PI

Private Detective
Had a quick look today on the rival fans forum:- In a nutshell .........

Re: FL2: Southend v Torquay Utd 4th Sept 2010
« Reply #71 Today at 8:52am »
Good point about Danny there Simon - the lad Clohessy really impressed me a couple of seasons ago at Salisbury, and I remember Merse remarking the same. He was even better on Saturday - defensively solid and a real threat going forward as well.

« Reply #57 Yesterday at 7:38pm »
I have often seen a game of two halves, well this one was a game of one hour and one half-hour, and in the end probably the better team took the three points.
Mor(e) on the stewards - just why they took umbrage with the Torquay fans standing through the game, that I can understand, as it is part of the ground regulations, but that also applies to the Southend fans as well - if it's good for them to stand then it's good for us, and they should be more welcoming of the money coming into their crumbling stadium, rather than telling people to sit.

Southend are not a bad side by any means, and as they continue to gel, they will improve further. Remember most of these players are new to them, just like both of our sides in the Conference days - I'd tab them for the play-offs at least although their fitness was running out by the end of play and we were ripping through them.

« Reply #59 Yesterday at 9:04pm »
Southend never gave us a minute to play. They were sharp, keen in the tackle and their number 6 was as good as anyone I’ve seen at this level.

There also seems to be some problems with about 15 neanderthal fans of theirs who ruin away trips for people... They seemed to take a dislike to John Salako today - not difficult I wouldnt have thought. We seem to be proving him wrong also !

Fair points and complimentary but i didn't see Torquay 'ripping through us' at any point. I don't really class pumping long balls into the box in the last 10 minutes as ripping through us, more a case of 'Oh, we're desperarte to score, in the box it goes'.

Interesting they rated Mohsni, clearly got the talent, interesting also that Sturrock Snr. thought he had a mare in the second half, as he is sometimes prone to do.

Fair points and complimentary but i didn't see Torquay 'ripping through us' at any point. I don't really class pumping long balls into the box in the last 10 minutes as ripping through us, more a case of 'Oh, we're desperarte to score, in the box it goes'.

yeah thats all torquay done in the 2nd half, pump long balls in the air to their sub gritton who was a waste of space as all ive ever seen this guy do is put his arms up and foul people and give silly free kicks away, cant see how they rate him.

Interesting that they should comment about their fans being told to sit down while Blues fans were on their feet. Usually it's the other way round and we are the ones complaining!

Fair play to them - some honest comments. I thought the Torquay fans seemed a decent bunch. As for ripping through us, they didn't do that, but they did keep us penned back in our own half for the last 30 minutes!

Must admit i had a quick look on there forum after the game, and was impressed with there reasonable views on the game, proper supporters.

Did they mention anything about the palm trees along the seafront?

When it come to semi-tropical plants Torquay are the ones to beat in this division.

Back