• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wise Head

Youth Team⭐⭐
The club has been in freefall, but now seems to have stabilised somewhat, albelt with a fairly mediocre side in a fairly mediocre league. As a first time poster I thought you might like my thoughts.
On the pitch we have seen a significant change in the system we play. I am still struggling to come to terms with 4-5-1 having watched 4-4-2 for so long. Most of us are aware of the benefits of both systems, but I am seriously concerned that we haven't got the quality required to play 4-5-1 successfully. The two wide midfield players are not performing well enough going forward and up front it is painful to watch - it really doesn't help guage whether it is the right system for us when the manager's son is rated as the number 1 choice upfront when he is so one dimensional with his back to goal and just laying off the ball. I would prefer us to return to 4-4-2 and choose the best two strikers, which is probably Patterson and Spencer if allowed a decent run to find some form.
Off the pitch Sainsbury's have come to the rescue which is very welcome. The Shrimpers Trust and the Season Card refunds have been made, and the the players and HMRC seem to be being paid on time. I would like Ron to repay the outstanding CCJs and settle with Steve Tilson & Paul Brush who deserves this respect. My one concern is that the Sainsbury's money runs out at the end of the season and we need to secure the funding for next season much earlier this time. As for the possible new stadium I make a plea to Ron - don't say anything until you have the date you have instructed the construction company to start or even better just announce it on the day they start. No more blogs promising this and that, just action. I am happy with silence on the matter until you have some definite news.
At the moment I am still unsure whether the glass is half full or half empty, but one thing I know for sure is that I'll be there on Saturday.

The club has been in freefall, but now seems to have stabilised somewhat, albelt with a fairly mediocre side in a fairly mediocre league. As a first time poster I thought you might like my thoughts.
On the pitch we have seen a significant change in the system we play. I am still struggling to come to terms with 4-5-1 having watched 4-4-2 for so long. Most of us are aware of the benefits of both systems, but I am seriously concerned that we haven't got the quality required to play 4-5-1 successfully. The two wide midfield players are not performing well enough going forward and up front it is painful to watch - it really doesn't help guage whether it is the right system for us when the manager's son is rated as the number 1 choice upfront when he is so one dimensional with his back to goal and just laying off the ball. I would prefer us to return to 4-4-2 and choose the best two strikers, which is probably Patterson and Spencer if allowed a decent run to find some form.
Off the pitch Sainsbury's have come to the rescue which is very welcome. The Shrimpers Trust and the Season Card refunds have been made, and the the players and HMRC seem to be being paid on time. I would like Ron to repay the outstanding CCJs and settle with Steve Tilson & Paul Brush who deserves this respect. My one concern is that the Sainsbury's money runs out at the end of the season and we need to secure the funding for next season much earlier this time. As for the possible new stadium I make a plea to Ron - don't say anything until you have the date you have instructed the construction company to start or even better just announce it on the day they start. No more blogs promising this and that, just action. I am happy with silence on the matter until you have some definite news.
At the moment I am still unsure whether the glass is half full or half empty, but one thing I know for sure is that I'll be there on Saturday.

Wow, what a start to your posting on ShrimperZone. Welcome Wise Head. Many points made there, and I agree with all of them.:thumbsup:

Back