• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Thoughts on the state of British society?

theacademic

Due to the response from earlier research, I've just started phase 2 of a university research project looking at whether Britain is regressing to a less civil state with less social constraint and more casual aggression. The questionnaire is live at http://www.topfan.co.uk and as you’ll see, the questions are very current. One of them focuses on the current arguments surrounding the welfare system, for example. It should only take you a couple of minutes and thanks in advance.

Is this what people believe, or the actual facts. Do people urinate more in public? How the hell should I know?

In general, people or more Selfish, less responsible, less reliable and less honourable than they used to be. I have summised this from trying to organise a wedding. If i say i will call someone back, or see someone at 8, i will call them back, and more often than not, be at that place at about 7.50. The amount of people that have failed on there promise to return my call or not shown up for meetings has really gone to highlight that manners and common courtosy are failing us as a nation, and that someones word is not worth a fraction of what it used to be.

I blame Thatcher ... she championed the selfish culture of me me me we have today, oh and Enoch Powell had it right also .. so did Hitler

Thought a bit before posting this. Mike/Westcliff/Javea used to get criticism when he emigrated but society, human rights, morals, ambulance chasing are just a few issues that I haven't missed. We don't have redtops out here, or if we did I couldn't read them. HK too is a have and have not society but it is not morally bankrupt. Though I've been here enough times before now I'm bedded in the only eye opener is the anti mainlander sentiment but the Chinese coming down for a day's shopping really are rude and pig ignorant.i love the UK and I'm Southend, Essex and England forever but it looks different from the outside looking in.

Back