• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Andy_S

Member of the Barry Corr Fan Club
As I'm pretty fed up on the whole tonight I might as well get it out of my system!

How did the players let themselves get stage fright yet again? For the first 10 minutes or so we looked a very good outfit, we played it around well and then the first goal killed us completely. Once again we've been pretty much embarassed on national T.V. All 3 goals were down to our players, which is frightening. Yes Luton looked a useful side, but the fact is we gave them all 3 goals. I'd hold my hands up if they'd ripped us to shreads and scored some good goals, but they didn't.

First goal, Bart showed why so many people have reservations about him. In fact most of the game showed that, I really don't want to say it, but if Flahavan had of let that first goal in there would've been uproar. He shouldn't have gone down so quickly in the first place, then he should've dealt with it instead of letting Che wrestle with Howard, and then finally he should've kept it out anyway but he flapped and it went in off his chest. Prior certainly let him know what he thought of it.

Second goal, Jupp and Prior p*ss around between each other, and let me tell you as it was right in front of me, there was no communication whatsoever. No "Spinners!", no "Juppy's!". Nothing, absolute silence. Then the shot has gone through Barts hands, which he'll probably look back on and say he should've saved.

Third goal, well straight away it looked a mile offside, but having seen it on Sky, Jupp has been caught out completely. He got left in when the rest of the defence has gone forward and he's clearly played Brkovic onside.

Ratings:

Griemink 5: There is genuine concern in most of the crowd around me when the ball gets near him now, which is worrying to say the least. Looks a bag of nerves and his kicking can be quite frankly atrocious. I lost count of the number of times the ball flew over our forwards into the Luton keepers hands. Made a couple of good claims, but worries more than inspires.

Jupp 7: Apart from his part in the 2nd goal and his poor positioning for the 3rd, he had a decent game. I'm not a fan of his but I'll hold my hands up when he plays well, and tonight he did.

Barrett 7.5: Pretty solid. Is the strongest link in the back four.

Prior 6.5: Distribution pretty lousy as usual, did win a lot in the air though.

Wilson 6.5: Not great, not bad. Didn't have to contend with a flying winger which helped. Got forward when possible but it doesn't come naturally to him.

Pettefer 6.5: I admire his effort I really do, but we need an attacking threat down the right and he just isn't that. Whenever he gets the ball in an attacking area you just know he's going to have to spin round and knock it back to Jupp or Maher.

Maher 7: Never gave up and tried his best to motivate the rest of the lads. Got stuck in although his passing wasn't up to his usual standard.

Hunt 7: We missed Bentley once again, and we really miss him in games like this. Hunt got stuck in although he's not as good at it as Bentley, although Hunt was involved in a couple of nice interchanges around the box.

Gower 6: Started well then somehow managed to miss control every ball that came his way for the rest of the first half. When he doesn't play well, we don't play well.

Eastwood 5.5: His poorest performance yet. Can someone please tell him he doesn't need to come deep all the time!? Marshalled well by a couple of decent, physical centre halves. Never gave up though.

Gray 6: Wasn't great either. Starved of service but he didn't put in as much effort as he has been doing. Needs a rest perhaps?

Bentley 6.5: Added more physical presence and got stuck in.

Bramble 6: Looked bright, yet slightly lost on the left.

Edwards: Only made 2 or 3 touches.

Two last complaints on the night. Firstly, why didn't Tilly change it earlier? 3-0 down at home in the cup and yet we left it till the 80th minute to bring on another striker! Strange.

Lastly, the attendance. 6,683 was the official attendance, where was everybody? I take it most people decided it was too cold and they might as well stay him and watch it on the tele. Disappointing to say the least.

Wasn't at the game and had to settle with watching it on sky.

Bart- 5, awful, at first viewing the first and third goal should have been delt with much better although i thought the second goal was a good finish rather then a keeping error.

Jupp - 6 not a big fan of his usually but his performance wasn't too bad apart from an obvious fu*k up between him and Spinner for the second goal (handball).

Che - 6.5 again not a big fan but didn't look majorly out of his depth tonight and unfortunately at the moment we have nothing better. Shouldn't have had to battle with a big man on the goal line for the first goal. Where were the centre backs?

Spinner- 5 poor, very poor, passing awful, best thing he did all game was an attacking run which isn't his job. Should have took control for the second goal.

Barrett- 6 again not great but the better of the two center halves, wasn't really at fault for much but didn't shine either.

Petts -6 again worked hard as he apparently does this season, but didn't shine and doesn't look like the attacking force we need.

Maher -6 probably the best of the midfield but this wasn't saying much. Felt his passing often went astray and the communication problems as captain should fall firstly at his feet.

Hunt -6 put his foot in but playing two defensive midfielders just doesn't work. Not a bad player but not special. Cannot play with Maher. Bently needs to come back in.

Gower- 7 first half as bad as everyone else, but in the second half was our only realy attacking force, from what i've heard has been getting better recently but needs support from the opposite wing. Maybe Corbett?

Gray- 7 first half probably the only player that really seemed up for it and worked his ar*e off. Very impressed considering I haven't seen him play since his poor start to the season.

Eastwood - 5 heard a lot about this new wonder striker and warned the Luton fans sitting next to me that he would show them a thing of two. Pretty glad they wern't smug bastards because he seriously let my expectations down tonight.

Think we were watching a different game

Griemnik: Had a stinker to the point where I thought it was actually Flahavan after the first goal. He had no chance with the second. Howard had the freedom of the 18-yard box and Bart bearly had time to move.

Jupp: Looked really bad all game. Rarely got forward to good effect and, although I'm normally a Jupp-defender, thought he was rubbish. Took a nice turn in about the 75th min to make me realise that was the first good contribution he made. Shortly after, he tried a cross field pass over three Luton players that came off lucky.

Barrett: Never should have been up against Howard when he had a massive height disadvantage. Looked very shaky in many of his clearances but was at least dogged.

Prior: Largely responsible for letting the game slip away. Rule 1 is, if you don't get a shout from someone behind you, clear it. So clear it Spencer. Agree with distribution. Thought he should have had a dig in the 2nd half when he strode forward.

Che: Looked bad when he needed to. Didn't have a lot to do. Fortunately

Pettefer: Never, ever looked like getting room for the cross and when he did get a chance was surprisingly poor with the delivery. One incident strikes me particularly when the CBs were out of position and he was 1-on-1 with the full back. Never even looked like getting past him. Worked to no avail. Very few tackles made or possession gained.

Maher: For me, it was the same kind of stuff he produces every week. Kept it flowing and tried to link defence to attack.

Hunt: Worked hard but never imposed himself and his usual composure seemed to be lacking. Needed to be playing Bentley HERE fromt he start.

Gower: The pick of the bunch for me. Always looked most liekly to make it happen. Several times beat his pacier marker but rarely had options in the box. Even when Luton got on top, he tried harder. Very impressed and disappointed he had to go off for Tes who made litlle impact, looking short of match practice.

Gray: I'm starting to really like this guy. His workrate is second to none and he managed to work some excellent opportunities because of it. Had to deal with long balls from the back last night against a defender who very much resembled Zat Knight (In face, height and kit!). Often got in to good positions but, as with Gower, little to aim for int he box. Sadly, seemed to quick for everyone else. Will definitely prove his worth through the rest of the year.

Eastwood: I seem to have cursed him again. Barely had any of the ball in the first half but had some neat touches showcasing his ability. Second half was very much anonymous and should probably have been taken off to maintain his confidence. Shotgun he'll score when I'm watching.

Bentley: Tried to run the line and got in to good positions but is clearly not a winger. Get him in the middle or not at all. Standard of crossing was rather poor in general though.

OTHER POINTS:
- We had more shots than them ut the quality counted
- We had 8 Corneres and only the fumbled one looked like it might lead to something. Kev needs to think more about his deliveries. Forget drills and react to opposition.
- ST, please play with two wingers rather than one lacking pace and three defensive ones. It would give us such a better balance.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Yorkshire Bambi @ Nov. 13 2004,00:08)]Shouldn't have had to battle with a big man on the goal line for the first goal. Where were the centre backs?
Barrett was superbly blocking the shot. I guess Prior was still marking Vine who he'd been on all game.

It is a full back's job to cover after all. Either way, it looked terrible on TV. Wilson hardly jumped and Griemnik looked like God had only just given him a par of hands.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ Nov. 12 2004,23:50)]As I'm pretty fed up on the whole tonight I might as well get it out of my system!

How did the players let themselves get stage fright yet again? For the first 10 minutes or so we looked a very good outfit, we played it around well and then the first goal killed us completely. Once again we've been pretty much embarassed on national T.V. All 3 goals were down to our players, which is frightening. Yes Luton looked a useful side, but the fact is we gave them all 3 goals. I'd hold my hands up if they'd ripped us to shreads and scored some good goals, but they didn't.

First goal, Bart showed why so many people have reservations about him. In fact most of the game showed that, I really don't want to say it, but if Flahavan had of let that first goal in there would've been uproar. He shouldn't have gone down so quickly in the first place, then he should've dealt with it instead of letting Che wrestle with Howard, and then finally he should've kept it out anyway but he flapped and it went in off his chest. Prior certainly let him know what he thought of it.

Second goal, Jupp and Prior p*ss around between each other, and let me tell you as it was right in front of me, there was no communication whatsoever. No "Spinners!", no "Juppy's!". Nothing, absolute silence. Then the shot has gone through Barts hands, which he'll probably look back on and say he should've saved.

Ratings:

Griemink 5: There is genuine concern in most of the crowd around me when the ball gets near him now, which is worrying to say the least. Looks a bag of nerves and his kicking can be quite frankly atrocious. I lost count of the number of times the ball flew over our forwards into the Luton keepers hands. Made a couple of good claims, but worries more than inspires.

Two last complaints on the night. Firstly, why didn't Tilly change it earlier? 3-0 down at home in the cup and yet we left it till the 80th minute to bring on another striker! Strange.

Lastly, the attendance. 6,683 was the official attendance, where was everybody? I take it most people decided it was too cold and they might as well stay him and watch it on the tele. Disappointing to say the least.
Have to agree mate!

Griemink has to go!

Lack of early subs cost us dear!

Take note Mr Tilson!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TonyTheKray @ Nov. 13 2004,00:16)]Griemink has to go!
For f**ks sake, another public lynching.

Shall we bury him in the next plot to a certain Mr Carl Emberson!

Get a grip, will you!

mad.gif

Jupp was dog sh*t last night! I'm not a fan and im not somebody who hates him but he is becoming abit of a liability! All the fans sitting behind me moaning at the lino, didnt wana know when i shouted to all of them that jupp played the man on, whos gona call me wrong now!

If Flahavan would of been in goal, Mcscriven would of been going off on a rare one, moaning about how crap he is and how he shouldnt be in the team, but he aint here so nobody will go against you that Greimink is crap, they will when old Mcdonald scriven gets back because lets face it ay, Flahavan aint as good as Greimink!
laugh.gif

Flahavon has been superb in Barts absence yet the Mighty Shrimper still cannot see it! The bloke is a good second choice keeper and if he aint gonna shine for crosses then he certainly is not as good as Flavs in any other departement!

Take a look at the first goal on telly again and i would put as much blame on Wilson as i would on griemink.

Yes Griemink should have kept it out, but Wilson watches the ball come over his head then just tried to strangle Howard rather than making any effort to clear the ball.

I will also make a special mention about Jupp for the 3rd goal.
I was in the East blacks, and all first half he kept playing the Luton attack onside, not once did he step up with the other 3 defenders.
There was outcry when the goal stood, everyone claiming offside, unfortunatley from where i was i could clearly see Jupp miles behind everyone else.
He had a nightmare just like everyone else (bar Gray for me who gave 100%)
but lets move on we made some good money from the cup, just from the TV revenue.
We have a massive game next week against a bogey side of ours and we certainly need to grab a point.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TonyTheKray @ Nov. 13 2004,00:16)]Griemink has to go!

Take note Mr Tilson!
Firstly P*ss off, if you are a true Southend fan, you do not go around saying that players should go and be sold. It is brainless.

Secondly who the f***ing hell are you to be telling Tilson what he should or not be doing. And just for the record, subs didn't cost us that much because they were just to good on the NIGHT for us, in defence they were strong, and probably we would not have scored three, subs or no subs.

So go away

PaTo

Anyone notices the distinct lack of TTK posts over the last 7 home games.

Look carefully and there might be a pattern developing between results and frequency of posts
rock.gif

FFS man, stop bloody witch hunting. What do you want to do start a Tilson out brigade because we lost in a cup competition that we stand NO chance of winning.

Get a grip.
mad.gif

Back