• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Three reasons why Mark Molesley should never manage professionally again!

On performance metrics Southend are the 7th best side in the league over the past 16 games (source: Foxpunter). We have only won 3 games in that time because of our finishing.

The issue of players not being able to score goals has continued with Brown. Neither manager is at fault for it.
Except one had a transfer window to at least address it.

On performance metrics Southend are the 7th best side in the league over the past 16 games (source: Foxpunter). We have only won 3 games in that time because of our finishing.

The issue of players not being able to score goals has continued with Brown. Neither manager is at fault for it.

?? A Shrimperzone post with facts to back it up. I’m not sure it’s allowed! ?

We have created many opportunities. We just haven’t been able to put it in.

Martin out.

?? A Shrimperzone post with facts to back it up. I’m not sure it’s allowed! ?

We have created many opportunities. We just haven’t been able to put it in.

Martin out.
The question is whether pb can make our blunt front line score. Imo even after 1 game we looked more likely to score then many under the previous regime.

The question is whether pb can make our blunt front line score. Imo even after 1 game we looked more likely to score then many under the previous regime.
PB's 2 games we have had 1.02 xG in attack (v Crawley's 1.78) and 1.09 (v Exeter's 1.18).

Our average in said last 16 matches is 1.16.

There's very little in it from a chance creation perspective. We are really due some of these going in though. Here's hoping we get 4 on Tuesday.

I think that rather harsh, Wiggy ! PB has much better players at his disposal now, than when MM started the campaign. At another club, he may well do the business. Only time will tell.

PB's 2 games we have had 1.02 xG in attack (v Crawley's 1.78) and 1.09 (v Exeter's 1.18).

Our average in said last 16 matches is 1.16.

There's very little in it from a chance creation perspective. We are really due some of these going in though. Here's hoping we get 4 on Tuesday.
Interesting stat. And a certain poster on here ridiculed me for suggesting that Crawley edged the game last week!

Most of the posts on here feel like they belong in the post match stuff, but hey, lets have another yet another thread demolishing Molesley if you feel the need eh @wiggy?

Really not MM's fault. It's Ron who brought him in. Initially, it appeared an imaginative appointment but in retrospect it was a poisoned chalice for MM and very likely our League status. The main responsibility lies with Ron. He knew what another difficult year it was going to be for us and should have chosen an experienced head rather than a rookie with no experience at our level.

Should this thread be in ex shrimpers? Talk about kick a man whilst he's down.

Its been obvious for weeks that a change of voice was needed in the dressing room - just a shame it’s happened too late. No need to write MM off - maybe he’ll get a job one day when he gets a fair crack of the whip at the start and doesn’t have to play catch up. Equally as we celebrate free flowing football under PB lets not forget one of the main criticism people had during his first spell was rigid football and stifling creativity.

Whilst I broadly agree, we could just have easily have lost that game 4-0. They had better chances then us. I think we've had enough MM threads havent we? Whats done is done, a great shame, but its all history.
U saw a different game to me

MM will have learned so much and will be a better manager for it in the future but sadly it’s all been at our expense.
Your absolutely right but as I've said before MM didn't bite RM's hand off and somewhat stalled at first! Think it suited both parties Tbf!

Back