• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Three reasons why Mark Molesley should never manage professionally again!

Also all these threads serve is tto let the real culprit off the hook. Ron Martin is at fault for all this.
Yes Ron Martin is at fault up till Christmas but today showed what you can do if you set up to attack, he never did. Still had numerous gifts from other teams that refused to win and he still went one up front. Stick by what i say, Ron Martin has got us in this position but Mark Molesley was very incompetent in the use of what was at his disposal, P.B straight away put Holmes and Walsh in attacking positions after one weeks training. M.M would still be trying to justify the worst striker to ever wear the shirt.
Martin as we know is a joke owner who took on a joke manager and we will now go down!

Yes Ron Martin is at fault up till Christmas but today showed what you can do if you set up to attack, he never did. Still had numerous gifts from other teams that refused to win and he still went one up front. Stick by what i say, Ron Martin has got us in this position but Mark Molesley was very incompetent in the use of what was at his disposal, P.B straight away put Holmes and Walsh in attacking positions after one weeks training. M.M would still be trying to justify the worst striker to ever wear the shirt.
Martin as we know is a joke owner who took on a joke manager and we will now go down!

What, draw 0-0?
Some of the stuff on here is unrealllllllll.

What, draw 0-0?
Some of the stuff on here is unrealllllllll.

I do not think it is over yet. If Southend keep making progress under PB, we might just surprise Colchester on Tuesday and a few other teams thereafter. But Grimsby are also fighting for their lives to stay up.

While it sounds unrealistic - Barrow recently achieved this feat - Southend now need four straight wins.

First time this season that I felt a team had been picked to win a game, and not just to stop the opposition. Not Brown's fault he's been left without proper strikers. Under normal circumstances, a point today would have been a good result. Sadly the position we're in, it's not enough.
Under normal circumstances, you know, that small matter of an embargo until December. We’d have “proper strikers”

The fact Ron has managed to pull the wool over so many of your eyes yet again and divert all blame from himself on to Mark Molesley is absolutely astounding

If we had showed the same sort of attacking intent in our last 9 home games under MM, as we did yesterday, we wouldn't be in this position.
I doubt we would have been attacking this much if Brown came in 10 games ago, it's not his style. We're doing it because nothing but 3 points will do (moreso given that Colchester won yesterday), so the risk of turning a draw into a loss by pushing up too much is worth it.

?? A Shrimperzone post with facts to back it up. I’m not sure it’s allowed! ?

We have created many opportunities. We just haven’t been able to put it in.

Martin out.
But you have to understand....if MM is manager a 0-0 draw is grounds for the sack while if PB is managing it is cause for celebration and evidence we are on the right track!
Fact: whoever might be in charge 0-0=one point.

I doubt we would have been attacking this much if Brown came in 10 games ago, it's not his style. We're doing it because nothing but 3 points will do (moreso given that Colchester won yesterday), so the risk of turning a draw into a loss by pushing up too much is worth it.

You don't know that though do you? Some of the opposition we played at home were downright awful, yet we never got on the front foot. Then with 10 minutes to go, MM would take an attacking player off for a defensive one!!

Under normal circumstances, you know, that small matter of an embargo until December. We’d have “proper strikers”

The fact Ron has managed to pull the wool over so many of your eyes yet again and divert all blame from himself on to Mark Molesley is absolutely astounding

MM was still able to make signings before December, in fact he did, plenty of them.

Other than Sterling, he chose not to sign any other forwards, even though he must of known Kelman and Humphreys wanted out.

MM will have learned so much and will be a better manager for it in the future but sadly it’s all been at our expense.
Walsh's performance yesterday:

14/19 passes
1 successful dribble
0 key passes
0 successful crosses

Yet he gets a 8/10?
looked to have far more about him than Emile Acquah .......where has he been hiding under M.M?

Ridiculous. You dont know what I think. Adding 2 and 2 and making 5 doesn't make what you think correct. For your information, there's no wool over my eyes thank you. I happen to believe Ron Martin is responsible for this mess. So "not all the blame on MM". But to think no one else has made mistakes in this almighty road crash is naive at best.

Lucky we have a new manager, experienced in the league instead of the “PE teacher” so we will score goals and win goals... oh wait. 0 goals 0 wins wonder if we have stayed instead of twisting if it would have difference?

unable to get a forward is our downfall, it does not matter what manager we have, got to wonder why as targets identified not signed

MM was still able to make signings before December, in fact he did, plenty of them.

Other than Sterling, he chose not to sign any other forwards, even though he must of known Kelman and Humphreys wanted out.

"Choose not to"

?

For what ever reason we didn't bring in a target relying on Ranger to perform( a massive gamble that failed) Relying on a rookie Aquah as backup.Tried to bring in Akinde that failed.That was MM downfall and probably the club survival in league 2

i actually blame all the MM fan boys for keeping him in a job when he was clearly useless at it ....

at a time when most club fan bases would have been screaming to sack the serial incompetent a small coterie of MM admirers kept promoting the case for keeping him - in effect protecting him .

Back