• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Three reasons why Mark Molesley should never manage professionally again!

So that means its all down to you as to why we kept Sol on after everyone knew about him. If he had gone by December we might even have kept the sort of players we had no chance of replacing.

Amazing !!! ... people still going on and on about Campbell - who from what I saw on the
pitch knew how to set up a team ...

(excuse me for not caring about managers privates lives or training ground tittle tattle)

Maybe you were one of the foolish people who thought the former manager of Weymouth Town would be able to compete at this level ...

as they say these days whatever ....

Last edited:
Amazing !!! ... people still going on and on about Campbell -
You were literally the only one.

For what it’s worth I don’t think either Campbell or Molesley had a fair shot but at least Molesley was professional and knew the name of the team. For all the smoke you blew up Campbell’s arse we were still rock bottom of league 1 which kinda makes your reasons for voting ‘MM out’ look a bit strange, no? I mean it’s purely about results and league position - right?

one of the foolish people
Aren't you the guy that believes the Sainsbury's money wasn't used to pay off our debts and instead is sitting in a bank account somewhere ready to be spent? Seems a bit hypocritical to be mocking other people's opinions for not going to with the majority given how controversial some of yours have been.

You were literally the only one.

For what it’s worth I don’t think either Campbell or Molesley had a fair shot but at least Molesley was professional and knew the name of the team. For all the smoke you blew up Campbell’s arse we were still rock bottom of league 1 which kinda makes your reasons for voting ‘MM out’ look a bit strange, no? I mean it’s purely about results and league position - right?

no the poster I replied brought it up ... I am too busy trying to vent all my anger and frustration on the clowns from Dorset ..

or anyone else that I can think of ...

especially the absolute p+++K who got in my way in Sainsburys ..

I mean can you imagine going out wearing the colours of a non league team and going in the shop and buying the non league paper ..

I mean Barrow are staying UP..

loads of rubbish clubs are in EFL - Forest Green - a bunch of vegans ...

I am now going off to shout obscenities at the traffic .. .

no the poster I replied brought it up ... I am too busy trying to vent all my anger and frustration on the clowns from Dorset ..

or anyone else that I can think of ...

especially the absolute p+++K who got in my way in Sainsburys ..

I mean can you imagine going out wearing the colours of a non league team and going in the shop and buying the non league paper ..

I mean Barrow are staying UP..

loads of rubbish clubs are in EFL - Forest Green - a bunch of vegans ...

I am now going off to shout obscenities at the traffic .. .
Have a cup of tea mate.

Aren't you the guy that believes the Sainsbury's money wasn't used to pay off our debts and instead is sitting in a bank account somewhere ready to be spent? Seems a bit hypocritical to be mocking other people's opinions for not going to with the majority given how controversial some of yours have been.

i was 100 per cent right about the money from sainsburys .. we were never broke as we were told .. it was just RM waiting for the funds to clear ..

I am so angry about the club I supported since 1968 going non league that I am going poxy mental ... all day every day ... what a effing shambles

Molesley had a transfer embargo to deal with, Covid 19, he got in players on frees and loans some of which were literally sitting on the sidelines waiting to play.
When the embargo did eventually lift we won some games. Then he found he couldnt sign a striker for love or money, they didnt want to come here because of what went on beforehand ie awful run of games without a win.
Bang. Transfer window shut.
He then trains up our best young prospect who proceeds to hit the woodwork.
Gets fit influential players back like White and gets Hobson working well alongside him, stops the goals against.
Molesley wasnt all to blame, but couldnt undo the problems of the first 3 months. He tried to right the wrongs, in the end it was time to go. To suggest he shouldnt have another job in football? Nah !

Amazing !!! ... people still going on and on about Campbell - who from what I saw on the
pitch knew how to set up a team ...

(excuse me for not caring about managers privates lives or training ground tittle tattle)

Maybe you were one of the foolish people who thought the former manager of Weymouth Town would be able to compete at this level ...

as they say these days whatever ....

this level ? We will be in the same league next season , Ron is a visionary. The buck stops with Ron - this was always going to happen it’s been a long time coming , forget who’s name been above the door of the pub - the brewery has failed to keep the bar stocked.

The team, despite its shortcomings, worked for MM. They tried. They came up short and the manager came up short. Akinde may have saved MM's job and the clubs league status. We will never know but potentially we were one player away from from survival. That doesn't mean the entire team were rubbish, just not the finished article. From what we hear , Akinde or not, MM was already on the slow walk to the gallows.

PB returns. For two games it appeared there was a smidgen more attacking intent. Then, as the bowels of hell opened up to swallow us, we took many steps backwards. Why? The passing was inept. Crosses were so poor the ball blushed. We were two goals down and a striker was brought on with just moments of the match left.

We may have won under MM last night. We may have even survived the drop. No one will ever know but no one can say it wouldn't have happened. If last night's debacle proved anything it was the results are not always blameable on the inexperience of the manager.

Demi's hissy moment, in such an important game, makes me hope his stay at the club is over. The amount of stupid fouls we gave away, by many of our team, the shirt grabbing, the ineptness, had the look of rabbits in the headlights. They looked bereft of ideas, without hope and worst of all they looked short of bottle. A disgrace.

After initially being pro-MM , I had to concede to the growing band of doubters as our plight did not sufficiently improve.
I still think he was dealt an awful hand , and could not be entirely blamed for not securing the striker(s) we needed - if they don't want to come , there's not a lot he could have done.
I think he did several things right , but as our form dipped again after an improvement at the end of 2020 , I think he ran out of ideas and was probably 'rightly' dismissed in the end.
What I will say though to all the anti-MM brigade , if you think Brown is our saviour , I think you're very much mistaken.
Yes he managed in the Premier League , but sadly I think he's had his day and is too 'old school' to change our fortunes and lead us back.
Don't get me wrong , our relegation can't be placed on his shoulders ( although last night was truly awful ) , but I don't see him as a good , stable , long term bet.

anyway MM never got us a decent keeper or replaced the utterly hopeless Oxley ...

who beautifully spilled a weak shot .. and .. oh well - no time for tears

I think Col U targeted Oxley .. as one would..

anyway MM never got us a decent keeper or replaced the utterly hopeless Oxley ...

ooooooohhhhhhh how dare you question Oxley, you know your not allowed to do that right otherwise some people get very upset.

As the player who stands directly in front of the goal, I think it is always wise to try and challenge them. Maybe that has been our problem, we try to target the stands with our shots.

Back