• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

shrimperjon

President
I have read all the negative stuff on here from yet another very dissapointing nite at Roots Hall. Most of it is justified and at times the truth does hurt. Our home form is bizarre based on the performances away form home. At times it has been mentioned about the atmosphere at RH and how it affects the players positively or negatively and i agree for the most part this season our home performances have reflected the mood from the stand.

However, after much asking the club have allowed fans back in the North Bank and i think despite results on the pitch the atmosphere around the ground has lifted and been much more positive. The noise generated from the North is excellant and this must now become a must at all home games here after. I will be honest and have been critical at times of TBV/Block W but those of you that have moved deserve a lot of credit for what you are achieving. I cant move in there from the East as my son is too young to be exposed to the North but once again well done adn keep it up. You might just be the difference at the end of the day.UTB

p.s one other point, we havnt scored yet in the North Bank since it was opened again to our fans, hope its not cursed, would love to see the celebrations in there when we do.

Well said but in my opinion and I've said it a few times now, we must shoot towards the north in the second half!

I have read all the negative stuff on here from yet another very dissapointing nite at Roots Hall. Most of it is justified and at times the truth does hurt. Our home form is bizarre based on the performances away form home. At times it has been mentioned about the atmosphere at RH and how it affects the players positively or negatively and i agree for the most part this season our home performances have reflected the mood from the stand.

However, after much asking the club have allowed fans back in the North Bank and i think despite results on the pitch the atmosphere around the ground has lifted and been much more positive. The noise generated from the North is excellant and this must now become a must at all home games here after. I will be honest and have been critical at times of TBV/Block W but those of you that have moved deserve a lot of credit for what you are achieving. I cant move in there from the East as my son is too young to be exposed to the North but once again well done adn keep it up. You might just be the difference at the end of the day.UTB

p.s one other point, we havnt scored yet in the North Bank since it was opened again to our fans, hope its not cursed, would love to see the celebrations in there when we do.

Give it a go, there are others in there that take young children, you don't have to stand right in the middle.

As for not scoring in the North Bank I think it's about 10 games in total we have had fans back in part of the North Bank since the Derby game in 1994 and I don't think we have scored one goal in the North Bank since then!

Did Drewe Broughton score infront of the North Bank against Col U?, we had some fans in the North then didn't we? May be the last goal scored by an SUFC player infront of fans in the North?

Someone needs to get on to the club. Shooting towards the north in the second half is a must!

moved into the N/B from the west last night ,and would say to anyone who just wants to get behind the team without hearing the moaning or sitting near the living dead give it a go.Will definately go there again for the atmostphere.
Point made earlier about kicking towards the north 2nd half is a must

Did Drewe Broughton score infront of the North Bank against Col U?, we had some fans in the North then didn't we? May be the last goal scored by an SUFC player infront of fans in the North?

Nope I'm pretty sure no home fans in the North that night.

There was a great atmosphere again in there last night. Can't wait til we get our first goal since being back. I swear that roof is gonna come off...

Back