• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Save our Southend Thursdays meeting here!

I enjoyed watching that. Insightful and very well chaired. Not at all easy to do over zoom. I thought Ron came across well on the whole. He doesn’t strike me as a man that has contingency plans but the point he makes about nobody agreeing is a fair one. The common denominator is that we want the club to do well. I believe he wants that too.

Thank you for putting it on. Regardless of the difficulties the club is now in, communicating like this is outward facing and should be applauded.

I like the idea of Ron swearing. Good luck to him. It's not as if people haven't been swearing at him for years!

FWIW, the jury is out, in my view. Sure, he's made enemies and a fair few mistakes, but to lay the blame squarely at his door is missing the whole picture for me.

Good that there is dialogue, though, between SOS and Ron. I can think of 100 chairmen that would not only avoid any fan engagement, but would outrightly consider retrospective action.

I'll need to see the whole thing, but moving forwards the key is considered dialogue to produce a middle ground result that suits all.

Last edited:
That s why i offer the feedback, teams puts up the names so am sure Zoom does too Some how. Never used Zoom so just assuming

All the zoom meetings I've attended have had the names in the bottom right hand corner of the screen. It might need setting on personal zoom accounts, but it is definitely doable.

@TrueBlue is there the 2 week Zoom meeting tonight as promised? Also did you get your questions to RM that he was going to respond to in 7 days? If so can we see the questions and answers please.

@TrueBlue is there the 2 week Zoom meeting tonight as promised? Also did you get your questions to RM that he was going to respond to in 7 days? If so can we see the questions and answers please.
John, so the questions funny enough are going off today/tomorrow, of course I will provide all of them in here for everybody to see.

I am not aware of a meeting tonight.
Lastly yes we agreed with Ron a 7 day time frame from him getting them

Well!!!
He certainly took us all for fools.
Saying MM was staying for the long term.
He knew all along he was lying to us as according to Mr PB he was offered the job a while back.
I understand the reasons for some confidentiality and the need for some information to remain behind closed doors but, the way he spoke about MM remaining I actually believed.
Trust nothing

Well!!!
He certainly took us all for fools.
Saying MM was staying for the long term.
He knew all along he was lying to us as according to Mr PB he was offered the job a while back.
I understand the reasons for some confidentiality and the need for some information to remain behind closed doors but, the way he spoke about MM remaining I actually believed.
Trust nothing

I agree. I think that's the first thing to be thrown at him now. ie how can we believe a word you are saying, Ron.

No doubt Ron will cancel all meetings now or he will just make brown host it

Back