• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Save our Southend Thursdays meeting here!

It's a good question, and also applies to him being (seriously) ill, whereby he's unable to manage the day to day activities of the club. What is the contingency plan ? Is anybody else aware of the structure of the various companies and have access to funds to pay suppliers, wages etc ?
He needs a Commercial LPA to appoint one or more than one person to deal with matters if he is incapacitated. If he does that for every company then they can stand in his shoes if he can't do anything.

I don’t think any other club has done something like this. Props to the chairman for agreeing to it but his body language seems abit off. I have a bad feeling. Granted he’s got a buggered artery but I just got a feeling something is a foot. Just hope we can stay up so we don’t have to worry even more if we go down. Looking likely we go down though so just have to be prepared for the worst.

The second meeting showed how he can get irate when questioned also I felt it showed how out of touch he is with fans

I didn't really pick either of those things up from the video to be honest, but I guess it's subjective. Thanks again for doing this. Maybe Ron had a word with the boys and it helped with today's performance and victory.......

Firstly well down getting both these uploaded for the benefit of all fans to view.As others have said it would help to know who all the parties from someone who isn't a trust member.
It's well overdue to get Ron to the table to communicate openly to the supporters long may it continue.Felt Ron answered what was asked we might not like what he said but considering he is struggling health wise and gave more time than originally expected,when he could have stopped the call after 1 hour

I thought I was watching celebrity squares at first. Overall a good effort by all and well worth a watch even if its 10 minutes at a time.

Some of you were making it to personal, with opinions on MM or interrupting when he was answering.

Let Ron speak as he was clarifying things that have been asked 100 times on here. Some important stuff was said about finance and next season. People posting RIP SUFC are way to early. If anyone has been in a job for 23 years they become knowledgable about there trade. So forget what you have heard or believe, if your honest Ron comes across well.

Once people admit he cares as much as the fans, even if it is for completely different reasons. Then we might feel a bit more secure and dare I say a bit more united.

Yeah it’s hard to keep the meetings to 1 hour, Ron does like to go off a bit on a tangent sometimes, one thing we could never accuse Ron of is giving short one word answers

One could also never accuse the fans of that too. I was in the meeting for a short time (stuck in traffic and had to leave early to put the kids to bed) but what I think needs to be the case going forward is to put the emotion aside (not easy I know as we all care) and to focus on the key questions that need to be asked of the chairman. It was very frustrating listening to some of the questions that weren't in his remit and also let him off the hook by allowing him to go on a wander down memory lane. There was a point quite early on when he said the situation off the pitch is fine, but he was interrupted when I for one would have welcomed an explanation and an expansion on that.

I think one of the key things is to let him talk. Sometimes he can be frustrating to listen to, but you have to suspend your emotion. It's the first rule of journalism. Let them talk, give them a silence. They will fill it.

I think it's fantastic that we continue to do these meetings and our situation as a club is extremely complex. Fair play to all who organised, my main takeaway point is that we should tighten things up and agree in advance some very specific points we want addressed.

One could also never accuse the fans of that too. I was in the meeting for a short time (stuck in traffic and had to leave early to put the kids to bed) but what I think needs to be the case going forward is to put the emotion aside (not easy I know as we all care) and to focus on the key questions that need to be asked of the chairman. It was very frustrating listening to some of the questions that weren't in his remit and also let him off the hook by allowing him to go on a wander down memory lane. There was a point quite early on when he said the situation off the pitch is fine, but he was interrupted when I for one would have welcomed an explanation and an expansion on that.

I think one of the key things is to let him talk. Sometimes he can be frustrating to listen to, but you have to suspend your emotion. It's the first rule of journalism. Let them talk, give them a silence. They will fill it.

I think it's fantastic that we continue to do these meetings and our situation as a club is extremely complex. Fair play to all who organised, my main takeaway point is that we should tighten things up and agree in advance some very specific points we want addressed.
Well said Jai, I think the format could do with a bit more structure to help with your points that’s you mention. That’s going to mean restraint from everybody.

So many people have said you can never pin Ron down for the truth. Doesn't help when he keeps darting round the screen

Like i say good effort by all but if you want to take it to a wider audience perhaps some cash prizes or contestants being eliminated........15 v Ron might actually be better at 4 rather than 6

I don’t think any other club has done something like this. Props to the chairman for agreeing to it but his body language seems abit off. I have a bad feeling. Granted he’s got a buggered artery but I just got a feeling something is a foot. Just hope we can stay up so we don’t have to worry even more if we go down. Looking likely we go down though so just have to be prepared for the worst.

This is a fair point, and on FB (for some reason) I get a lot of pop up articles from other clubs, and saw one the other day about Rochdale, and their fans not happy with the clubs lack of communication.

Last edited:
Well said Jai, I think the format could do with a bit more structure to help with your points that’s you mention. That’s going to mean restraint from everybody.

I say again that it would be better for one person only to ask the questions in as unemotional a way as possible. Ron knows we care passionately but when the passion gets in the way of getting the answers it is counterproductive. Everyone else can observe but not speak, having hadv their questions received in advance by the one person asking the questions. I urge you to try this next time.

I say again that it would be better for one person only to ask the questions in as unemotional a way as possible. Ron knows we care passionately but when the passion gets in the way of getting the answers it is counterproductive. Everyone else can observe but not speak, having hadv their questions received in advance by the one person asking the questions. I urge you to try this next time.
Think I agree with this. I was guilty myself of butting in once or twice but i was just annoyed at some of the questions. This should be a meeting where we discuss the club, not what’s happening on the pitch. Save that talk for the zone

At times a difficult watch, but good to see RM put under pressure with some excellent questions. Think its clear that RM does care about the club but clearly he has also made some mistakes. Obvs he is going to back the players and MM but he must be concerned about our plight as we all are. As for doing more of these and streaming live that would be an excellent idea

Think I agree with this. I was guilty myself of butting in once or twice but i was just annoyed at some of the questions. This should be a meeting where we discuss the club, not what’s happening on the pitch. Save that talk for the zone

That's why tv and radio use single interviewers almost exclusively. They do that for a good reason. It's more efficient and it gets better responses.

Spot on. I thought your interventions were among the better ones, fwiw.

Up to now i dont belive anyone has posted on here as to who the Zoom participants were.Is this possible for outsiders to know who they were and who they represent.That would be helpfull
thankyou

Back