• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Save our Southend Thursdays meeting here!

I would not say uttering. I would say being quite open with it
Wow, maybe his true colours are finally showing.

Mr Smooth when everything’s going his way then gets all aggravated when his absolute authority is challenged?

I look forward to viewing this.

Video is 2 hours long, I will get round to watching it. But in the meantime, apart from the swearing, was anything of interest mentioned?

I will take a look later too given the length of the meeting , but just watched the first couple of minutes in which an outline of how things would proceed was being explained and was amazed at the Chairman’s opening comment.
Was it supposed to be lighthearted, a joke ?
If it was , you need to work on your delivery Ron.
To me it came over as extremely rude given this was a meeting of like minded adults looking to do something positive for our club - really not impressed at all if that’s how he talks to people.
For those who haven’t yet watched , when it was explained that S.O.S. would be explained and introduced , he said something along the lines of “that’s what I thought I’ve been doing for the past 20 years” - I get he wants to defend himself but not the way to go about things.
Very dismissive- I hope his attitude improves later.

For those who haven’t yet watched , when it was explained that S.O.S. would be explained and introduced , he said something along the lines of “that’s what I thought I’ve been doing for the past 20 years” - I get he wants to defend himself but not the way to go about things.
Very dismissive- I hope his attitude improves later.
Again, that's typical Ron.

Can't see too many problems with how Ron talks for the majority (Sorry Scott).

Obvs not ideal swearing, but if you ask the fella a question...you got to let him answer.

I always feel he comes across well, I actually think he makes sense a lot of the time.

He fcked it with the embargo, but he does put a lot of his own cash in a club that loses money every year.

Anyways, onwards and upwards.

We are staying up.

Hate the way we fans have to resort to saying the money we pay to watch our team, as if that’s the only thing that gives our right to have an opinion. This is our f*****g club and we love it dearly, that’s enough to have a sodding opinion and right to know why it’s being run into the ground. Makes me so angry.

I’ve watched both Zoom calls this morning & actually found Ron quite likeable. Yes he was a bit snappy & rude a couple of times, but to be fair it’s not easy being constantly criticised when based on hindsight. There is no doubt he has made many mistakes, some of which he readily admitted, but in my mind that was not a person who doesn’t care.

Back