• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I don't usually like to whinge but i've just about had enough of wasting trips to southend.

an email i sent to the club today reads

"Could somebody please reply to me to let me know why I couldn't get tickets for Swindon from the Club Shop/Ticket Office at lunchtime today?

I only recently found out that tickets were available for the Swindon game from Southend at a £2.00 discounted price. (There is a section on the website called Ticket News where this info could have been provided). As I needed to buy 5 tickets I decided that it was worth driving from my office near Romford to get the tickets. I remember from last season that quite often the shop was closed from 12.00 until 1.00 for lunch so I checked the website and it said it was open from 9.30 until 5.00 with no mention of a lunch hour. Just to play safe I arrived in Southend at 1.00.

I went to the nice new shiny club shop/ticket office first but was told that tickets for the away games are still sold at the old office at the bottom of the car park. I started walking down but as I got closer I could quite clearly see that all of the windows were closed, so I went back up to the shop where they checked and I was then told that they were shut for lunch until 2.00.

I then wasted around 45mins waiting until 2.00 and then wandered down to the ticket office again. It was still all closed up with a note written on a piece of paper saying back at 2.30. As I was supposed to be at work there was no way that I could hang around for a further 30mins so I had to leave without getting the tickets.

You probably appreciate that not all of your supporters actually live in Southend and some people travel a fair distance to games. My round trip not to buy tickets today was nearly 50 miles. So not only have I wasted a load of petrol today but I will still be paying Swindon's extortionate prices.

Could you please tell me:

1. Why the ticket information can not be displayed clearly in ticket section of the website (which has improved greatly over the last year or so)?

2. Why the opening hours make no mention of lunch breaks?

3. and my most annoying point - Why the nice new shiny Shop/Ticket Office can't sell away tickets when there is no-one in the ticket office?

I'm not normally one to complain but having wasted two hours and about £6 of petrol and still not got what I wanted I would appreciate a response."

I know this may seen trivial to some and i don't like to always slag the club off as it seems to be moving in the right direction but i needed to get this out of my system.

mad.gif

mad.gif

rant over

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Song of the South Upper @ Sep. 06 2005,16:01)]Could you not have rung the club before you set off and checked with them?
i've sat on hold on the phone system many a time. it's quicker to drive there and find out.

what annoyed me was the fact you could only get the tickets from the bottom ticket office (which was shut) when there were plenty of staff in the shop.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Song of the South Upper @ Sep. 06 2005,16:01)]Could you not have rung the club before you set off and checked with them?
If the official site says "ticket office opening hours subject to change - please phone ahead to check before wasting a visit" then fair enough. As it is, I believe southender is correct in stating that the advertised opening hours are 9:30 - 17:00.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve_Clubshop @ Sep. 06 2005,16:22)]yer but beleive your wrong about asking the people in the shop to serve you for tickets as we're not employed by the club.

or do you mean the people in the ticket office area of the shop?
Anyone else getting a little tired about hearing that the club shop and club are not connected!! The more it gets said, the less it makes sense why it should be the case. Are people in the new ticket office which is in the club shop part of the club, or of the club shop??

The fact is someone has just had a totally wasted visit which shouldn't have been the case. I have also had wasted trips in the past due to similar **** ups, and i'm sure plenty of others have as well.

OIT!! i didnt say that did I. Southender was saying there were plenty of staff in the shop, why couldnt they serve him. I'm just saying they couldnt off as they dont use a ticketing system as they are not employed by the club to do so.

I DIDNT SAY NOT CONNECTED DID I -STOP TWISTING MY WORDS ALL THE TIME
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Credit to the club, I did get a reply within half an hour offering to waive the telephone admin fee if i phoned to book them. unfortunately i don't think the tickets would arrive by saturday with the state of the post where i live and i'd probably then end up paying twice.

I was told by the club that if i'd asked the shop staff they could have directed me to the ticket office staff who would have helped.

It's not the shop staff i have a problem with, the lady i asked (Clare?) spoke to the staff at the back of the shop (which i assume is the ticket office) but they just said its closed until two and didn't offer to help.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve_Clubshop @ Sep. 06 2005,16:22)]yer but beleive your wrong about asking the people in the shop to serve you for tickets as we're not employed by the club.

or do you mean the people in the ticket office area of the shop?
Not exactly helpful is it
mad.gif

The reason you have a job is because of Southend United, I couldnt care if you were employed by the Pope. Your there to serve Southend United Fans.

I understand what you mean, However this constant distancing yourself from the club is starting to annoy me.

UR NOT LISTERNING ARE YOU!!!!!!

I didnt say that. You've taken my words and twisted them.

All i said was the club shop DOES NOT DO TICKETS! as we are not DIRECTLY employed by the club! DIDN'T SAY WE WERE NOT CONNECTED TO THE CLUB. WHY WOULD I DISTANCE MYSELF FROM THE CLUB I SUPPORT. FFS
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Firstly

Steve Clubshop - Calm Down Dear
smile.gif

Secondly

Following a second email i sent to the club (when for the benefit of Steve Clubshop) i told them i didn't have a problem with the SHOP staff but that the TICKET OFFICE office staff didn't try to help me i was told "we apologise that the ticket office staff were not more helpful when they could have been. They could have just taken you to the other office and dealt with it. If a problem arises like this again please go to the club reception and explain the problem"

Hate to rub it in Southender, but I went down there today and picked up tickets from the ticket office at 1.15pm precisely. No problem at all. Infact, they even took my post that I needed posting and put it in with their's. Very nice when I got there.
Had time to kill and sat and watched the stiffs play too.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (keefmoon @ Sep. 06 2005,17:14)]Hate to rub it in Southender, but I went down there today and picked up tickets from the ticket office at 1.15pm precisely. No problem at all. Infact, they even took my post that I needed posting and put it in with their's. Very nice when I got there.
Had time to kill and sat and watched the stiffs play too.
they must have seen me walking down the car park and closed on purpose.
mad.gif

mad.gif

mad.gif

hey ho......

Back