• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ticket Office Chaos vs Port Vale threads

Chris Powell's mate

First XI⭐
Never mind the rubbish I watched for 80 minutes - anybody here victim of the inept ticket office?
Arrived in the queue at 2.20 - got a 'ticket' at 3.10, thus missing the first Port Vale goal.
And the reason, I hear you ask?
They'd run out of paper to print tickets - and this after the third home match!!!
Somebody eventually hit on the brainwave of issuing season-ticket cards that could be read by the turnstile chip.
Even then I heard some junior whisper, 'you going to issue season tickets?' You couldn't make it up...
Remember, the game is in full swing; a goal has been scored, and another junior still wanted to take down name, address and rigmarole associated with getting into a League Two match.
Once in, it was worse than last week.
Never mind early days and all that - the individual skills of the blue shirts on offer (trapping, passing, speed, awareness) will take us into the Conference.

Completely agree. I am completely demoralised by the way the club is being run.

No tickets
No beer on tap

Conference standard journey men.

The future is not bright at all

Never mind the rubbish I watched for 80 minutes - anybody here victim of the inept ticket office?
Arrived in the queue at 2.20 - got a 'ticket' at 3.10, thus missing the first Port Vale goal.
And the reason, I hear you ask?
They'd run out of paper to print tickets - and this after the third home match!!!
Somebody eventually hit on the brainwave of issuing season-ticket cards that could be read by the turnstile chip.
Even then I heard some junior whisper, 'you going to issue season tickets?' You couldn't make it up...
Remember, the game is in full swing; a goal has been scored, and another junior still wanted to take down name, address and rigmarole associated with getting into a League Two match.
Once in, it was worse than last week.
Never mind early days and all that - the individual skills of the blue shirts on offer (trapping, passing, speed, awareness) will take us into the Conference.

Unfortunately the ticket situation goes from one own goal to another. It's deplorable. This must be the worst run ticket office in the country. How many matches do they have to prepare for each week? So to run out of paper is incredible.
So to get there at 2.20, which gives them so much time, and get the ticket 10 minutes after kick-off, and then add a few minutes getting to your seat. Surely you deserve a refund.

Ticket office poor management

I do not know who's to blame for the fisaco on Saturday with the running out of paper tickets, how embrassing for the club. Surely this will never happen again and is this being dealt with by thoose up above with the power.

There was people in front of me still outside the door waiting after KO for a ticket who had started queining at 2.20.

I asked a steward if we could pay cash on turnstile, he went to find out and never resurfaced never to be found again. So i beckend over one of the stewards looking after the carpark, inwhich he said he had already asked the stadium manager, with more pressure he asked again in which the answer was yes by this time 15minutes of play had already been missed, the mojority of the queue left and sat in the south lower, ok if you had cash.

I didnt have enough cash so queued to be finally served with a plastic ticket at 3.30 half hour after game had started missing there goal, only benefit to thoose missing the game qeuening it was being shown on TV in the ticket office, obviously no good if the queue was so long it was out of the door and ramp.

AT 1 time during the match there was only 1 ticket office staff member and the other i believe collecting cash at the turnstille. Where was everyone else, are we that short on cash now that on a match day we only pay 2memembers of staff?

Ok the only compensation i got was a sorry about the delay half muttuerd without any real meaning behind it and after constitent moaning i got a ticket half priced- well i did miss most of the match queining

I just wondered if anyone else on this board recevied a bad service, if i was a one of customer or my first time i would have been put of and never came back, what a disgrace!

This is what happens when invoices aren't dealt with in a timely manner...

I feel sorry for the staff to be honest. It isn't their fault and they are probably taking the flack for it.

It just seems that everything from the top to the bottom is a complete shambles at the moment and it's no wonder crowds are the lowest they have been for 6 years.

Either way it is a totally unacceptable level of service and needs to be resolved asap.

Last edited:
No, never heard of anything like that before. If you feel that strongly then I suggest you send in a letter of complaint, never would have happened when Alison worked there, I'm sure of that! I know there's a lot of match day staff only who maybe don't have the expertise to deal with situations like this but I'm very surprised to hear of such chaos and agree that it seems very poor.

Thanks for the commiserations North Bank.
But in that misguided way of all fans, if my £18 somehow goes to paying a bill - fine, they can keep it.
Forgot to say, I also watched the last three minutes on the closed circuit TV in the bar - there's only so much one can take.

if i was to write a letter you think they will have ordered enough stamps/envolopes. i heard a rumour a few people were wating to pick up tickets as they where never sent out and the collection office didnt have them so they had to queue amongst thoose without tickets

See I got there just past 1pm on sat before pre match drinks and went to get our tkts, the fella behind counter seemed really inexperienced and quiet, some problem with printing out tkts onto the cards (as like you said they had run out of paper tkts), and every time he tried to apologise he was so quiet couldn't hear him...queue started forming behind us while him and other clerk waited for manager cos never knew what to do???? Sometimes it's not just the company, but the staff can hinder also!

I had the same problem buying the JPT tickets - no paper tickets. I still paid for them and when I asked for a receipt I was told we cannot give switch receipts, so I have paid for tickets which are apparenlty going to be sent to me (still waiting for the Stock Port ones to come through for the 1st game ;) ) with no proof of ever buying them.

They clearly have had outstanding debts with whoever provides them with the paper tickets and probably won't send SUFC any now until they pay up front. What upsets me is that nobody at SUFC seems to actually care about the service that is being given to supporters.

See I got there just past 1pm on sat before pre match drinks and went to get our tkts, the fella behind counter seemed really inexperienced and quiet, some problem with printing out tkts onto the cards (as like you said they had run out of paper tkts), and every time he tried to apologise he was so quiet couldn't hear him...queue started forming behind us while him and other clerk waited for manager cos never knew what to do???? Sometimes it's not just the company, but the staff can hinder also!

Everything seems to have spiralled out of control since the cut backs and laying off of the best staff. You all know the saying 'If you pay peanuts'.

I had a simular problem with my seson card it was delivered to an adress I left over 2 years ago the next one never arrived and so I went and saw them Saturday morning; eventually given another one, as for the Gillingham game, thay are meant to be in the post, they take your money but dont give you anything in return.
I asked about my season ticket refund and was told cheques were written on Friday and are being sent out today, when I enquired as to which address it was being sent thay said they did not know !!!

Its not just us, I heard a story today about season tickets at Upton park, some of the cards were not working at the turnstiles, Season ticket holders were told to queue at the ticket office to BUY a ticket and then claim it back off the club.....

I had a simular problem with my seson card it was delivered to an adress I left over 2 years ago the next one never arrived and so I went and saw them Saturday morning; eventually given another one, as for the Gillingham game, thay are meant to be in the post, they take your money but dont give you anything in return.
I asked about my season ticket refund and was told cheques were written on Friday and are being sent out today, when I enquired as to which address it was being sent thay said they did not know !!!

The cheque's in the post, one of the three great lies. :)

Back