• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ticket office issues.

Not as bad as not yet receiving your season card but another example of poor service. I booked my usual seat for the FA cup tie on line and the booking said it had been added to my season card, as did the confirmation e-mail but it hadn't, my the card didn't work at the turnstile and I had to collect a paper ticket (which was already printed and waiting for me) but just another example of the shambles. The sad thing is that I made sure to arrive early as expected this would happen.
It’s not good enough. In the Fa cup game I was sitting towards the top of the east green and there was issues due to the double selling of a number of seats (confirmed by a steward), leading to numerous fans arguing amongst themselves about seats they’d both bought! This sort of incompetence has been going on for too long and needs sorting.... I hope you read SZ Tom!

Yes the Ticket office has had and still has issues and needs to improve.Unfortunatley the club has big issues from top to bottom which the new CEO is trying to improve.But it will take time improve.May I suggest that you email the ticket office and if you dont get a response then email Tom Lawrence to make him aware.You might be surprised

Another example of sheer incompetence to add, I’m afraid.

Booked my Daggers tickets on Wednesday via the phone. I had vulnerable people attending with me, so I politely asked if they could give me seats situated next to each other, as being split up across the stand wasn’t an option.

“Yes, not a problem, I’ll ensure they’re together”.

Great. I’ve left it a bit late I know, so will they be delivered in time?

“Yes, it costs £2 extra, but they’ll be sent out tonight, first class recorded delivery. Should be with you by Friday latest.”

Lovely I thought.

Sadly, Friday 4pm, still no tickets. Called the ticket office and was told that they’d had some issues, *insert Nicholas Cage “You don’t say” meme* but they would send some up to Dagenham for me to collect. No mention of the £2 additional fee that I paid specifically for delivery, but anyway, once more I reiterated the point about needing to have the seats together & again I was assured that it wasn’t an issue and this would be taken care of for me.

Gets to Dagenham full of hope and optimism that such a simple request couldn’t get ****ed up, collect the tickets, and low and behold it’s three tickets for the terrace section, but someone has scribbled “seated ticket”, on it, in biro. No row number. No seat number. Just a plain, unallocated standing ticket. Cheers SUFC.

When I spoke to a Daggers steward and explained the situation, he told me to sit anywhere, as it wasn’t allocated seating anyway. Cheers Daggers. That’s going to go down well in a stand that is sold out.

Unfortunately in this situation you’ve got to do what you’ve got to do, and thankfully a couple of nice gentleman accommodated us in their row. But it shouldn’t have come to that.

How can this club consistently fail at the basics?

Booked my Daggers tickets on Wednesday via the phone. I had vulnerable people attending with me, so I politely asked if they could give me seats situated next to each other, as being split up across the stand wasn’t an option.

“Yes, it costs £2 extra, but they’ll be sent out tonight, first class recorded delivery. Should be with you by Friday latest.”

Lovely I thought.

Sadly, Friday 4pm, still no tickets. Called the ticket office and was told that they’d had some issues, *insert Nicholas Cage “You don’t say” meme* but they would send some up to Dagenham for me to collect. No mention of the £2 additional fee that I paid specifically for delivery, but anyway, once more I reiterated the point about needing to have the seats together & again I was assured that it wasn’t an issue and this would be taken care of for me.

Gets to Dagenham full of hope and optimism that such a simple request couldn’t get ****ed up, collect the tickets, and low and behold it’s three tickets for the terrace section, but someone has scribbled “seated ticket”, on it, in biro. No row number. No seat number. Just a plain, unallocated standing ticket. Cheers SUFC.

When I spoke to a Daggers steward and explained the situation, he told me to sit anywhere, as it wasn’t allocated seating anyway. Cheers Daggers. That’s going to go down well in a stand that is sold out.

Unfortunately in this situation you’ve got to do what you’ve got to do, and thankfully a couple of nice gentleman accommodated us in their row. But it shouldn’t have come to that.

Embarrassing

What’s the point in a ticket office manger if they don’t run it? No response to emails, no tickets, problems galore! What are they getting paid for?????????

Lovely I thought.

Embarrassing
I'm not sure why you have posted this in the Trust forum?

I would suggest emailing the Ticket Office on ticket.office@southend-united.co.uk and I am sure someone will call you rather than keep hanging on.

Also, why do you think you should be emailed about a fixture change? The Club announced this on all its social media outlets and on their website.
Apologies for posting in the wrong place .... Still getting used to working my way around the site!

All the other people do is defend the club over there failings. As customers deserve to be notified. The ticket office is a shambles and completely unorganised. They should not be defended in any way.
I am not trying to defend as such, merely explain. The Ticket Office manager has recently had two weeks signed off work. The Club are aware there is a problem and are trying to address it.

To be fair OBL it's been awful since around about the time the old king died,it's a shambles.

It ran really well when Gavin came in, but then Covid struck, Gavin left and it is left as it is. They wanted to appoint someone else to the Ticket Office Manager role but that person was not allowed to leave their current position to take it up. Tom and Rhys are both fully aware there are major issues and are working hard to try and get things improved for all.

It ran really well when Gavin came in, but then Covid struck, Gavin left and it is left as it is. They wanted to appoint someone else to the Ticket Office Manager role but that person was not allowed to leave their current position to take it up. Tom and Rhys are both fully aware there are major issues and are working hard to try and get things improved for all.

One thing I will say for the ticket office is that I always find the staff really helpful. I can’t help but feel they are being let down by senior management, either through crap systems, under staffing, or not holding suppliers to account.

I may have missed it, but so far I’ve been seriously underwhelmed with the communication from our new CEO on such matters.

It’d be great if the ticket office was to look into e-tickets rather than paper ones, much like Boreham Wood appear to have done. That would reduce a lot of the issues around ticket collection and delivery. Also, you should be able to book all ticket types (including family tickets) on the ticketing website. Hopefully Tom is looking at this side of things. I only live up the road but imagine it’s frustrating for much of our fan base who don’t live near Southend and have to rely on the post. Our system is a bit outdated.

It’d be great if the ticket office was to look into e-tickets rather than paper ones, much like Boreham Wood appear to have done. That would reduce a lot of the issues around ticket collection and delivery. Also, you should be able to book all ticket types (including family tickets) on the ticketing website. Hopefully Tom is looking at this side of things. I only live up the road but imagine it’s frustrating for much of our fan base who don’t live near Southend and have to rely on the post. Our system is a bit outdated.

They are looking into this, but as with everything else, it's not something that's done in an instant.

I have received a message from Tom to say that the system doesn't allow to have the print at home facility but its something they are considering

Back