• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yep. According to some on here, a 'day-tripper' is someone that has not been to every away game this season!

There are plenty of tickets available 1,780 for the away leg and over 9,000 for the home match. Everyone that wants to go will get a ticket!!!!!

No a day tripper includes 22,000 of the 30,000 that went to wembley last year with no real support of southend but was there for a day out...

Some people again will go because it is the playoffs...

No a day tripper includes 22,000 of the 30,000 that went to wembley last year with no real support of southend but was there for a day out...

Some people again will go because it is the playoffs...

You are probably right, but if it bumps up the travelling away support then that has to be a good thing. As others have said you have to really want to see the game to get there for a Sunday ko of 12 o clock. As for the Wembley numbers, surely the more the merrier, especially in terms of the financial share out to the clubs after the match. Provided regulars get a ticket, and that looks extremely likely, I don't think it matters that much.

How many season card holders Is there ,could it be possible they could be all gone by Thursday
I think there will be plenty available on Thursday. I joined the queue at 10.45 and got served two hours later. The Away Terrace tickets are numbered and I believe are being sold in sequence. I bought 196 & 197. i don't have any info on seat sales.

Less than a 30 minute quee at 1.30, when the doors closed at 2p.m. it was just up the door of ticket office.
Someone in front of me was not a season ticket holder etc and was refused a away and home ticket.
Though S.U.F.C. handled the whole situation very well, and a thank you to the efficent youngsters working in the ticket office.

The club tweeted earlier saying they've sold half the seating and half the terrace although there is another 700 terrace available, so in theory theres over 1000 terrace tickets and over 100 seating, but the terrace will host the better atmosphere!

Play off Semi-final?

Someone who rarely/never goes to home games and who some class as "daytrippers" is hardly going to go through the trouble of queueing for a ticket, and then a 300 mile round trip to see a game that is on TV.

The club tweeted earlier saying they've sold half the seating and half the terrace although there is another 700 terrace available, so in theory theres over 1000 terrace tickets and over 100 seating, but the terrace will host the better atmosphere!

Looks likely it'll be over 1,000 Southend fans then.

Does anyone know if there is a booking fee for those thickets?. Bought 2 £13 ones and got charged £29.

That's crazy, 45 mins to get served and only 12 people in the queue in front of you!

And some of those went to the cash only desks! With only one accepting cards, it was a painfully slow process. The other thing I noticed that the staff on the desks kept getting up and walking into the back office to collect the away tickets every time. The guy on the phones was printing out the tickets and folding them neatly and putting them into envelopes etc before answering the next call. I think the club seriously needs to address ticketing for big games. What will happen when we have a week to get tickets for the final? (Can't mention the place as I don't want to jinx it!). It would help if they were open for longer hours (especially in the evenings for those of us who work during the day and cannot get to the ground during the day time). We are in the 21st century and are still queuing for tickets the same way, as an older supporter said this morning, as he did 50 years ago!

On examining away ticket when i got home price on it said OAP'S and young persons £13, i bought both home and away legs so with home game being £13 i make that £26 in total, was charged £29 don't know why.

Sounds a bit like the extra £1 per ticket that was conned out of all the Southend fans for the last trip to Wembley

sorry if this has been asked already...
are tickets on sale still on the Saturday for the away fixture? i am unable to get to the ticket office before, non STH.

Back