• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

overseas shrimper

Life President⭐
We're popping over to the UK this weekend and plan on paying a visit to the Hall and 'boosting' the crowd for that day with another four bums on seats and concessions sold.

Wanting to take advantage of the massive (!) discounts for advanced bookings, I applied for Box Office access via email as per instructions on the official site. This was on Tuesday evening.

Up to now, I still haven't heard anything back. Okay, they asked for an address and I just told them I live in Malta (why would they need to know 'where' I live in Malta? As if the segregation excuse they site for personal info is valid bearing that in mind. Even so, they didn't acknowledge my email, they didn't insist on my address... nothing (I am supposed to get a customer number so I can log in).

I cannot believe that the club, currently struggling to reach 5,000 gates, isn't doing more when a exiled fan wants to go and watch a game and bring family along as well.

Pathetic and not sure why I am bothering.

We're popping over to the UK this weekend and plan on paying a visit to the Hall and 'boosting' the crowd for that day with another four bums on seats and concessions sold.

Wanting to take advantage of the massive (!) discounts for advanced bookings, I applied for Box Office access via email as per instructions on the official site. This was on Tuesday evening.

Up to now, I still haven't heard anything back. Okay, they asked for an address and I just told them I live in Malta (why would they need to know 'where' I live in Malta? As if the segregation excuse they site for personal info is valid bearing that in mind. Even so, they didn't acknowledge my email, they didn't insist on my address... nothing (I am supposed to get a customer number so I can log in).

I cannot believe that the club, currently struggling to reach 5,000 gates, isn't doing more when a exiled fan wants to go and watch a game and bring family along as well.

Pathetic and not sure why I am bothering.

Same here, they need to change that thicko in the office, he never gets back to you!

The staff in the office are no doubt working round the clock to process about 500 non-working season ticket cards and turn them round in 3 days, having had to do the same thing a few weeks ago! Maybe that slightly more expensive, but fit-for-purpose, system they changed from might have been the cheaper option after all. I suspect they are suffering from the false economy of employing cheap staff and cheap systems.

Second attempt by email (and maybe this thread being seen by somebody at the club) and I got my reply. Problem is, I have asked somebody to help so not sure what to do.

Oh, Wiggy... the 'he' you referred to didn't come back to me... my reply was from a 'she'.

The more expensive ticketing company we did use, sued the club for not fulfilling the contract. Then they went out of business.

Second attempt by email (and maybe this thread being seen by somebody at the club) and I got my reply. Problem is, I have asked somebody to help so not sure what to do.

Oh, Wiggy... the 'he' you referred to didn't come back to me... my reply was from a 'she'.

That's his slightly less thick sister, the brains of the family!

Well, I logged in with the info they provided... changed my password... and now I can't get in with the original log in details or the new details. I give up!

The more expensive ticketing company we did use, sued the club for not fulfilling the contract. Then they went out of business.

If that's Seatbooker you're talking about they're alive and well at other clubs(eg Fulham with whom I booked a ticket for their game with M.City this Sunday, when the game was switched from Saturday, last week).

The seats you're allocated on the net are always the worst on offer.Much better to phone and book.

Thats the issue for me, the online ticketing thing is abysmal, it always offers you only the worst seats. just a waste of time

The seats you're allocated on the net are always the worst on offer.Much better to phone and book.

Or ask a kind friend to pop in and get the tickets... which is what's going to happen.

Maybe the club can employ messenger pigeon or smoke signals to improve matters.

why not buy it over the phone and get it sent by text ?
this way also avoids the booking fee although I appreciate you may get a charge for the text if you are out of the country

why not buy it over the phone and get it sent by text ?
this way also avoids the booking fee although I appreciate you may get a charge for the text if you are out of the country

After Tuesday night, I can see it now; you get to the turnstile and try to scan in the SMS, it doesn't work, so steward comes over and takes your phone away, gives you a scrap of paper and tells you the ticket office will be in touch.........

Alright, alright, I have a weird imagination, but this is SUFC we're talking about here!

No excuse I know but this is what happens if you make the ticket office manager redundant, replace them with someone on half their wage and fill the ticket office with children. When I bought my Crawley ticket the other week I thought I'd accidentally walked into a creche.

SUFC ticket office has been a shambles for as long as I can remember! It's no recent thing don't worry!

Back