• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimper

Life President
I'm not sure if anyone else had problems but I noticed that some did against Port Vale, admittedly I went to the East Stand so can only comment on that particular one, I'm not able to say if the West Stand was poor again so I'll leave you lot to fill me in on that.

Basically, instead of sitting indoors at home and listening to the radio a cup game which some people feel doesn't hold significance I decided I'd actually go and support my team outside of my allocated season ticket games as they need all the support they can get and It'll be good to see the Blues play as it always is. I went with some mates and we arrived at the ticket office in the East Stand at around 7:30. Now, there was a queue so I can't blame them for it taking a while but what this rant is about is that one of the people shouted out; "If you want West Stand tickets go to the West Stand ticket office". Which is fairly obvious and someone comically asked about where to go for the East Stand which got a laugh. We queued up at got to the front at 19:44. Perfect, just in time to nip in and see the start. We asked for 6 seats anywhere in that stand. We get the tickets and go on our way, we then look at them and realise that they are for the West Stand so we have to sprint around Fairfax Drive and up Shakespeare Drive to get to the West Stand. I'm not the fittest of people, bare in mind.

What baffles me is how, an employee said that that ticket office was for the East Stand yet they decided to give us West Stand tickets despite expressly saying to go the West Stand for that stand, which we didn't want. We missed the start of the game, which probably wasn't actually a great deal but I find it very poor when they can't complete orders as simple as this. By the way, when I sat down in the West Stand, I could see rows of seats empty near the away fans which would've been enough for 6 of us.

Did anyone else miss the start of get given different stand tickets?

I know it's not possible for some people but I prefer to get tickets prior to the match to avoid queues and problems.

Having seen long queues pre-match on my way into several games I have little faith in the ticket office staff being capable of offering a good service, especially after Ms Duffy was let go.

I picked my ticket up last night at about 6.30 from the West Stand ticket office and when I returned at about 7.30 to go into the ground there were several queues at the windows to get tickets but Homer only waited in line for about 10 mins to buy his ticket.

Me too Ken, however, having laid out £6 a head I was told by my mum in no uncertain terms that seniors on the day were only being charged £3. Fortunately my dad coughed up the full amount, but, honestly, how wrong is that? Charge one price in advance and then a lower one on the night!

I know it's not possible for some people but I prefer to get tickets prior to the match to avoid queues and problems.

Having seen long queues pre-match on my way into several games I have little faith in the ticket office staff being capable of offering a good service, especially after Ms Duffy was let go.

Always Ms D extremely friendly and sorted any trouble I'd previously had, however in recent weeks have had issues like everyone else, Stockport ticket never arrived, friend had trouble before and I had trouble after Port Vale and with my JPT tickets, I paid, they told me no tickets available, refused to give me a receipt af first until I pushed it. I

had an email complaint rejected back twice so put it in writing which unsurprising is at this point unanswered.

Re The JPT tickets they promised to post them, they never arrived so I rung to arrange LDNFatso to pick them up and they told me I had to pay again :O, needless to say unimpressed and told them so. They gave LDNFatso our tickets in the end so we avoided last nights queues, however got to get tickets for trip to Sixfields next week on Saturday so we'll see how that goes!!!!

Last edited:
Have had issues like everyone else, Stockport ticket never arrived, friend had trouble before and I had trouble after Port Vale and with my JPT tickets, I paid, they told me no tickets available, refused to give me a receipt af first until I pushed it. I

had an email complaint rejected back twice so put it in writing which unsurprising is at this point unanswered.

Re The JPT tickets they promised to post them, they never arrived so I rung to arrange LDNFatso to pick them up and they told me I had to pay again :O, needless to say unimpressed and told them so. They gave LDNFatso our tickets in the end so we avoided last nights queues, however got to get tickets for trip to Sixfields next week on Saturday so we'll see how that goes!!!!

Blame Fatso Chris, always works!

My Sister In-law Decided last week that she would get me a voucher from the ticket office for a game of my choice, for my birthday. She was told by Two young people in the ticket office, that they didn't know how to print the voucher out. She said she was in a hurry, but they told her they won't be long. She finally got the voucher over 20 minutes later. This made her late. It tarnished the nice gift for both of us.:(

Back