• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

So are you saying sell tickets for a fiver to people that go half a dozen times a season .And make season card holders pay full price ? A lot of season card holders struggle to renew each year

If it means getting an extra £30 a season for the club they wouldn't otherwise have got from, say 500 people, with the likelihood of them spending more on merchandise and refreshments, yes. There's nothing on the tickets that make it a condition of entry that you have to be fanatical or care what others pay for their seats.

The diehards have already been attracted by being there. It's the floating punters that could make or break the club's financial long term good. If it entails offering cut price tickets every couple of months or so then fine.

As a season ticket holder I accept that the club wishes to put bums on seats as that is the business they are in. This season STH's have had cheaper cup tickets so for the first time that I can remember we have had a ticket price incentive. Being a STH is not only about same seat, convenience, price etc. but about commitment of attending all, if not almost all games come rain or shine. Same cannot be said about the free loaders. However, if it were my club I would be prepared to put on cheaper tickets a few times per season in the hope that it will attract more people to the club on return visits. Tickets for schools and local Youth Football clubs are also a way of investing in the future, and I believe the club has either done that or are doing that. Being a football club makes them a Community club and that should go hand in hand.

We all know that life is not easy at present and people just cannot afford to keep paying out for matches that may come up twice per week. Not only ticket prices for Adult and Child but also travel, programme, east, etc.

I accept the club are trying to increase their gates and the best way IMHO is to keep winning and play attractive entertaining football. But that leads onto another discussion...............

I used to buy a season card for the convenience, not to save money.

There is nothing wrong with adhoc deals to try to get people to give the club a go.

However to reduce prices permanently to get bigger crowds will not mean the club makes money, if we halved the price we would not double our crowd so will not make any more money and could even lose more money than we do now...

as a STH i have no issues with the club doing a limited number of "discounted" ticket promotions a year i.e. kids for quid or maybe one game where the adult prices are dropped greatly (especially if the opposition are likely to bring very little).

what i would probably like to see them do it sell "groups" of tickets i.e. 3 games for say £45 an adult or £20 for Under 16. It 's still a good discount and you get them coming back more than once. we had close on 10k for Morecombe but how many have actually come back?

but at the end of the season when we are in the play off places and have eastwood back...that would not make business sense at all. If we make the play offs and then go on to Wembley then that will be expensive (for fans) and I hope the club makes very penny it can from it...this is the reward for the previous 8 months hard work.

i think the STH's have been well treated this season...voucher for the shop and discounts on cup game (home and away)...well done and about all that I would expect.

Great point. 1 x a bit of hassle or 23 x a bit of hassle? You're certainly not the only one who factors this in.

Certainly miss having the ability to just turn up without having to sort tickets out

For me now I often take my daughter and additionally work means I cant always make midweek games so a season ticket isnt really convenient, but I certainly hope to get one again in the future and wont worry about whether the club is doign promotions.

Back