• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ticket Problems

EastStandBlue

Life President
Anybody else have these problems?

I missed the deadline for my original placement by a matter of days, so had to book a new season ticket... something i have no problem with whatsoever as it remains entirely my fault.

I checked the ticket three times and went to my seat, only to find it had been booked twice, with the person who had also been booked the ticket having had that seat for a number of years. I've since heard that this has happened all over the ground today, something which is completely out of order and entirely the club's fault, why must we have the same exact problems year after year regarding tickets?

I missed the deadline for my original placement by a matter of days, so had to book a new season ticket... something i have no problem with whatsoever as it remains entirely my fault.

I checked the ticket three times and went to my seat, only to find it had been booked twice, with the person who had also been booked the ticket having had that seat for a number of years. I've since heard that this has happened all over the ground today, something which is completely out of order and entirely the club's fault, why must we have the same exact problems year after year regarding tickets?

Didn't have the problem myself, but I agree, it's been a problem for far too long, and with all this money being dished out on a new office, a new system, and shiny new equipment, you'd have thought that this problem would have been patched up by now.

My uncle had the exact same problem as you today. They made him sit on the steps in the east greens for the first 15 minutes of the game.

me and the wife had the same prob, took our season cards and said someone from the club would contact us

In the East a lot of season tickets didnt swipe so they took them away so we would get them reissued. The steward had a huge pile of them.

Friends of mine had the same happen to them. Personally, I think the penny dropped that people could con their way into the ground with old season tickets.

Yeah we had our season tickets taken away when we went in.

Shambles really.

Yep, same hear, and it was excactly the same as last year, took them about five games before it was sorted out, shambles! When I pick my tickets up from the ticket office again, if they wont let me threw There is no way I am going to hand them over again.

I complained bitterly about this in the ticket office, and was told that I would be ejected by stewards if I did not stop my complaint, so much for customer service. I was told that only about 4 people had had problems, but when I stomped out of the ticket office there was a massive queue of people all holding their little slip of paper, dead cards & hopeful expressions.

However I was told they knew about this problem some days ago, now IMO common sense should have prevailed and this should have at least been flagged on the web site.

we had know problems got in fine and our seats where ours with know people sitting in them this now the third year with the tickets

we had know problems got in fine and our seats where ours with know people sitting in them this now the third year with the tickets

Good for you, there were many many people who did have problems by the amount of season cards the steward had though.

mine didn't work in the south Upper. Had my Card taken away and told by the steward i would be re-issued with a replacement. Complete shambles, bring back the season ticket book, never had problems with them.:mad: :mad:

I had a phone call Thursday saying that mine and my brothers season cards had be invalidated due to "computer failure" Could we come and pick up new ones before the game. Got down there at 12pm, there were boxes of envelopes behind the desks. Told the lady about the phone call, she stomped off sifted through the boxes (nothing was in alpha order!) and found my brothers. Said that;s the only Quested I can find, your's must be ok. Passed the envelope to me, my brother wasn't with me at the time.

I wasn't going to argue. Low and behold, tried my card, flashed up invalid ticket. The steward let me in, confiscated my card and gave me a piece of paper, stating they would look into why it didn't work. Didn't even ask me for proof of purchase or anything.

I was sitting there thinking why do I bother. I am really getting fed up with the club treating us like an inconveince, it's like they have this attitude of, oh you want to buy a ticket?

I've been a supporter for 20 years now, but now I'm seriously thinking of asking for my money back and going to watch Basildon United or something.

Still roll on Cheltenham.

Mine was fine but the people that sit behind me couldn't get in and were forced to queue at the ticket office for 15 mins! Wouldn't be a new season without an issue like this though would it! ;)

Had the same problem with two cards which are now in the third season of use, what was interesting however was after receiving the white piece of paper, one of the stewards then let us in using our other card that was working. So does this mean that that card has now had 3 addmissions against it or one? Does this mean more problems for the end of the season and having to prove what happened at the game yesterday !

Mine got in fine yesterday (3rd season with this card). Interestingly the bloke next to me had sat 2 seats along last season. He tried his new card - it didn't work and was confiscated. Then tried his old card (different seat, now sold to someone else) and it worked fine!

Same old Southend....

Had a new card this season and it worked fine, but I saw a fair few people with problems. When I was buying a cheltenham ticket after the game they saw I had an old season card and asked for it back - as it would be of no use to them I can only presume they're getting wary of people attempting to use old (invalid) season cards to gain entry.

The whole thing was a bit of a farce really. Firstly, he gave us a bit of white paper and told us to queue up at the ticket office, bearing in mind it was 20 to 3 and the queue was in the car park. Then we were told that we would be admitted but that we would have to give him our season cards and then in the end, he just counted the people who were having problems.

What i don't understand is that they must have known that there was a problem due to the typed up notes but in three months, they had obviously not bothered to sort it out. Apparently, we will be getting new cards but if they cant fix it in three months, what is the chance of them doing it in two weks??

Back