• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ticketing System

Lucas D

First XI
Scriv,

Not having a go but the new online ticketing system is taking the p*ss.

We have to pay 1.50 per ticket not transaction when buying online....how are we meant to be saving money when buying in advance? (16.50 + 1.50 = 18!)

Why cant we choose our own seats? Compared to seatbooker this system belongs on the scrap heap with Windows 3.1.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Windows 3.1.
ahh! those were the days
smile.gif

Back to the point I agree this system is s%&te! but give it a chance they may improve it or not
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Lucas D @ Sep. 22 2005,20:29)]this system belongs on the scrap heap with Windows 3.1.
Oi! Never insult windows 3.1 - it's much better than the current version!
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

looks major backwards step this one. Not being able to select a seat is a nightmare (especially with our ground having lots of posts to get in the way). Having been a regular I knew what seats were good and bad so could select as required , this current system presumably picks the lowest ones available (for Forest I got row B 5&6 for the family stand - far too low so didnt order them), I tried again but got the same seats and as for £1.50 extra per ticket a huge rip off (it now costs more to buy in advance online than on the day (£19 in advance / £18 on the day!)

not being able to choose seats isn't going to be helpful. Being at uni I only get to the odd game but before I could order online & sit next 2 my dad & bro who are season ticket holders

To be fair, if the club are serious about incentivising forward purchases of tickets then this will have to come down. I don't mind that they charge a booking fee but why not say the price is cheaper, say £15.

You also get the joy of levying a hidden cost when it appears to be cheaper but then that's the case at the moment and most people can see this.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Sep. 23 2005,08:31)]To be fair, if the club are serious about incentivising forward purchases of tickets then this will have to come down.  I don't mind that they charge a booking fee but why not say the price is cheaper, say £15.

You also get the joy of levying a hidden cost when it appears to be cheaper but then that's the case at the moment and most people can see this.
Incentivising?

Without wanting to be negative it does seem daft that you cannot get the seat that you normally have or get. If you present yourself in person at the ticket office you get the seat you want so why not on line?

I've just had a look at the site. It seems to me that this is not a WIP. I doubt they would have put it on the tickets.com web site if it was still a WIP.

It does seem to be a bit stupid that you can't choose the seat you want, especially given that that is what we have become used to. Not only can you not choose the seat you want, it also doesn't allow you to see where the seat you are buying is positioned, making it difficult to know whether or not to accept.

I also feel that the site needs to be tweaked somewhat. After you choose the stand you want to sit in and the type of seat, it then says "These are the tickets you have chosen....". I think they ought to re-word it, "These are the tickets we have forced on you".

biggrin.gif

Shall we all calm down until we actually have some concrete facts. As already stated maybe the ticket.com pages are work in progress.

I like many use the online ticketing function and am confident that the club wouldnt take a backward step.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ Sep. 23 2005,08:34)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Sep. 23 2005,08:31)]To be fair, if the club are serious about incentivising forward purchases of tickets then this will have to come down.  I don't mind that they charge a booking fee but why not say the price is cheaper, say £15.

Incentivising?

Without wanting to be negative it does seem daft that you cannot get the seat that you normally have or get. If you present yourself in person at the ticket office you get the seat you want so why not on line?
Well, it's americaniZed but still......

I've always used it and quite like it really

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kent Shrimper @ Sep. 23 2005,08:47)]Shall we all calm down until we actually have some concrete facts. As already stated maybe the ticket.com pages are work in progress.

I like many use the online ticketing function and am confident that the club wouldnt take a backward step.
Check out other parts of tickets.com. I have tried a few and none of them allow you to choose your seats. As I said ealrier, I doubt this is a WIP, if it was it wouldn't be up and running on their web site.

That said, I hope I am wrong....

So why aren't we using seatbooker.com anymore then? What happened to that?

If its true that theres now a £1.50 booking charge per ticket then thats a disgrace. What possible justification for that is there? How much more admin does it take to put three tickets in an envelope than one?

Back