• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Big Bad Barry Corr

First XI⭐
Having logged onto the official website tonight to check for ticket availability for the AFC Wimbledon game on Boxing Day, I see that we have an allocation of 700 odd and that is it.

Priority is for season ticket holders and Blues Lottery members. No problem with the 1st obviously but nothing now for shareholders? Since when has this been policy by the club? Probably the only benefit of shelling out money on these worthless shares was that at least we got a chance to have priority on games like this for tickets yet now we are downgraded behind even Blues Lottery people.

I have been to a few away games this year and tickets have not been a problem so had not noticed a change in policy. Is this a new thing and when exactly did ticket priority finish for shareholders?

Having logged onto the official website tonight to check for ticket availability for the AFC Wimbledon game on Boxing Day, I see that we have an allocation of 700 odd and that is it.

Priority is for season ticket holders and Blues Lottery members. No problem with the 1st obviously but nothing now for shareholders? Since when has this been policy by the club? Probably the only benefit of shelling out money on these worthless shares was that at least we got a chance to have priority on games like this for tickets yet now we are downgraded behind even Blues Lottery people.

I have been to a few away games this year and tickets have not been a problem so had not noticed a change in policy. Is this a new thing and when exactly did ticket priority finish for shareholders?

Yep I thought it was a bit strange to have priority for Blues Lottery members and its 2 tickets per person as well.
Mind you I doubt we will sell out during the priority period as tickets are on general sale from this Monday.

It seems strange to allow season ticket holders (let alone Lottery participants) to buy two tickets each when there may not be enough tickets available for all season ticket holders who may want to attend. Mind you, thanks to the indolence of the rail companies that may now not be a problem.

Might be wrong, but I doubt if there are too many Lottery players who would want to go who aren't season ticket holders.

Did they bounce this new priority off the supporters' groups or just decide it off their own bat ?

I don't know if this is the case, but it may be that due to the Blues Lottery having been re-launched this season, it was felt this might be an added incitement? I do agree with Mick though, that probably most people who play the Blues Lottery are already season card holders.

Like some other clubs they should have an away supporters membership as we have a few fans who don't have a season ticket yet go all the away games

Good Idea!

Have to agree though that the shareholders are now being treated like $***. Maybe it is an added incentive to become a lottery subscriber but it shouldn't be at the expense of those shareholders who have already put money into the club (not a ringfenced fund).

Just a thought...it would appear obvious that this match will be a sell-out for away fans...wonder if SUFC have considered putting up a Big Screen at Roots Hall, £5 to get in, open the bar, burger outlets...bring in some much needed cash.

Standard question is; would we go along to make it viable...I personally think it's a go-er, esp as the train service will be shot on Boxing Day.

Just a thought...it would appear obvious that this match will be a sell-out for away fans...wonder if SUFC have considered putting up a Big Screen at Roots Hall, £5 to get in, open the bar, burger outlets...bring in some much needed cash.

Standard question is; would we go along to make it viable...I personally think it's a go-er, esp as the train service will be shot on Boxing Day.

a few years back they done this for a couple of colchester away games I went to one to watch the big screen and the east stand was sold out I believe

I live about a mile from Kingsmeadow. If I can't get a ticket I won't be too happy. May have to resort to getting a ticket for the home end! Surely we'll not sell our whole allocation?

I have 2 season tickets and was buying a third AFC ticket for my pal who is also a ST holder,the lad at the ticket did not bother checking if was a ST holder before i paid for them,so i would not be surprised if non season ticket holders could just ring up and get them now anyway

I have 2 season tickets and was buying a third AFC ticket for my pal who is also a ST holder,the lad at the ticket did not bother checking if was a ST holder before i paid for them,so i would not be surprised if non season ticket holders could just ring up and get them now anyway

We were asked if we were season card holders, offered to show them, but was told they would check our names on the system. Consistency in the ticket office please!

Perhaps RM has the hump with the shareholders for not bailing the club out, they can obviously afford it or they wouldn't be shareholders would they...! :tease:

I live about a mile from Kingsmeadow. If I can't get a ticket I won't be too happy. May have to resort to getting a ticket for the home end! Surely we'll not sell our whole allocation?

We have sold out of tickets for our previous 2 visits and it is only 800 tickets, so I would have thought we will sell out. They are on general sale Monday so give the ticket office a call I'm sure you will get one.

Managed to get ours but when I went in was told "the system was down" and to come back later in the day. I said I was not able to do this and could pay cash if need. No problem then :winking: and I duly got my tickets.
This game without question will sell out as it is a boxing day fixture. The standing view is crap I have to say

I was hoping they'd just forgotten to mention shareholders, has any shareholder tried and been told that shareholders no longer get preference? I did post a question on the Facebook announcement but got no response.

I can't go but would like to know in case we get a plum third round draw or something.

On the subject of rewarding away fans, they should take the remaining tickets to Chesterfield and sell them outside the away end on Sat.

Back