• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The bloke who sits behind us in the East Stand, although not a seaso is a regular, and buys his tickets up to 4 weeks in advance and normally for 3 or 4 games as he has a concession.

Last night a bloke was sat in his seat when he arrived, on comparing tickets the both had the same seat number, therefore a duplicated sale. There have also been other stories on here about seasos have their seats sold as well.

I can understand and sympathise to a degree with the situation, what i cannot understand is why there is not a failsafe on the computer system which would stop these duplications. On the old system you went on sought out your seat paid or reserved it accordingly, now it just seems totally out of control.

Also a steward said that people were still trying to get in at half time. I have no idea if that was true or not. Perhaps others who know may be able to comment.

i had a game a few weeks ago where 2 of us have identical tickets.

my tickets last night came as as not valid on the machine so the bloke just let me in at the end.

When i turned up in the east people were in my seat, called the steward over asked them for there tickets but the bloke said someone was in there seats so the steward said find somewhere else. So me and my mates ended up all over the place. Sort it out southend!!!

I saw a longtime fan, who goes home and away, outside the Shrimpers last night who asked if I had a spare ticket. I said he must gave one already. He said that he hadn't had time to get one as he's been working away but the queue was so long for tickets, he had given up waiting and had decided not to go in and save his money!

Now if I had been him I'd have queued until I got a ticket but then that's me and I wouldn't be kicking myself this morning having missed that awesome second half performance.

However if the club missed out on his money last night, how much money from casual supporters who also gave up, did it miss out on?  
rock.gif

rock.gif

Due to the fact I forgot to go down to the ticket office on Saturday, I had to use the ticket office for last night's game.

I arrived at 6.45pm, and queued for about 60 seconds, before an obviously tired, but very helpful bloke served me with no problems whatsoever, and thanked me for waiting.

If that isn't good customer service, I don't know what is.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (scamps @ Sep. 28 2005,11:46)]When i turned up in the east people were in my seat, called the steward over asked them for there tickets but the bloke said someone was in there seats so the steward said find somewhere else. So me and my mates ended up all over the place. Sort it out southend!!!
Oh dear and what with you and your mates all being VIPs. I do hope you responded to the steward with the classic VIP line of 'Do you know who I am?'
oops.gif

Although being such hi-brow spectators I am surprised that you were not in the Directors Box with all the other VIPs.

glare.gif

laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bob Cratchitt @ Sep. 28 2005,12:16)]Although being such hi-brow spectators I am surprised that you were not in the Directors Box with all the other VIPs.

glare.gif

laugh.gif
VIPs? Bunch of Jeffs more like
tounge.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Hello Bob, Well what happened is VIP BLUE could only got two tickets so he paid for all the crew to sit in the blue seats last night as it was busy!!! And he is in current negotiations with ron for a seat in the dugout!!!
cool.gif

Back